Sorta bragging sorta not.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Sorta bragging sorta not.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Here is how I took out a 1500+ men wolfen shield wall and caused them to retreat, in a player vs player game. Michelle did an awesome shieldwall like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFuWH40 ... atuharhari ... forming a wall around the 550 knights and 250 archers. I dispatched 5 of my wizards to fly there ahead of time in the form of naked faeries, while she does this. And was quite impressed viewing the footage. I also dispatch my knights and foot solders, 700 knights and 1200 foot solders. I had to check on something...and out of those 5, 3 could do group casting. So, I had them link up, and have the other 2 prepare to cast the same spell. She then does a test fire for her archers who are on a "half on the ground, half on a wooden platform between the 2 100 foot towers". I signal my 2 nonlinked wizards to fly behind the tower and to stay within the range of the archers platform. When my men finally arrive just shy of the test arrows...I signal the group linked wizards to loss call lightning on the wall.....DESIMATING THEM! And then I have the 2 nonlinked call lightning on the center of the platform.....Causing it to brake in two and collapse, and incidentally I took out the Michelle's commanding knight and her second in command by doing so. They were under the platform. The morale was totally crushed.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Sorta bragging sorta not.

Unread post by Hotrod »

pblackcrow wrote:Here is how I took out a 1500+ men wolfen shield wall and caused them to retreat, in a player vs player game. Michelle did an awesome shieldwall like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFuWH40 ... atuharhari ... forming a wall around the 550 knights and 250 archers. I dispatched 5 of my wizards to fly there ahead of time in the form of naked faeries, while she does this. And was quite impressed viewing the footage. I also dispatch my knights and foot solders, 700 knights and 1200 foot solders. I had to check on something...and out of those 5, 3 could do group casting. So, I had them link up, and have the other 2 prepare to cast the same spell. She then does a test fire for her archers who are on a "half on the ground, half on a wooden platform between the 2 100 foot towers". I signal my 2 nonlinked wizards to fly behind the tower and to stay within the range of the archers platform. When my men finally arrive just shy of the test arrows...I signal the group linked wizards to loss call lightning on the wall.....DESIMATING THEM! And then I have the 2 nonlinked call lightning on the center of the platform.....Causing it to brake in two and collapse, and incidentally I took out the Michelle's commanding knight and her second in command by doing so. They were under the platform. The morale was totally crushed.

Ah, magic, the great artillery and equalizer of Palladium Fantasy. How would you counter this move, were your roles reversed?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
pblackcrow
Champion

Re: Sorta bragging sorta not.

Unread post by pblackcrow »

#1. I would not have ever insisted on solid metal shields, instead I would have used hardwood. Wood acts as an energy disburser. #2. Would also not have had all of my foot solders do a shield wall (I would kept MAYBE 250 men to do a shield wall around the bowmen), instead I would have spread out into 2-5 units. #3 I would have increased the cavalry, added a aerial mount unit to the mix. #4 I would have gathered as much intel about my enemy before hand as I could have before I declared war on him. #5 I would have kept the archers on the ground, 2 units, in rows of 5. #6 My first order would be to "LOAD the trebuchets". And #7 more than likely. I would have led off with the trebuchets.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”