Examples of giant weapons

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Examples of giant weapons

Unread post by Kraynic »

Smiling_Bandit wrote:Dwarven/kobold quality gear just doesn't have that oomph that you get from being fancy and important enough to stat out.

Speaking for myself obviously, but I never scoff at bonuses to strike and parry. The damage bonus is less relevant as the damage dice climb (though still nice to have), but the other bonuses are just as nice as always!

If the person that is running the game allows it, you might look through the Compendium of Weapons or Weapons, Armour & Castles, and see if anything catches your eye in there. Maybe your Ogre likes running around with an Elephant Axe, a 2 handed War Club, or a Tiger Trident, and hurls Mongwanga at people.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Hmm sounds like we need a bit more variety of weapons. If only a sourcebook would come out that did that for us :wink: .
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

I give +1f6 damage per size level category (4-7ft - normal, 7ft to 12 ft + 1d6 damage. 12 ft - 18 ft + 2d6 damage etc) but to parry a large shield can parry 3 categories higher and weapons can parry 1 size category higher and 2h weapons can parry 2 categories higher and small shields can parry 1 category higher and medium shields (come under large shield but with less negatives to speed and pp checks) are 2 categories higher.
The categories go
1h man size
2h man size
1h 7-12 ft
2h 7-12 ft
1h 12-18ft
2h 12-18 ft
1h 18-24 ft
2h 18-24 ft
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I don't remember the details, but doesn't Mt Nimro have tons of example goodies for True Giants? Maybe adapt a few down to Ogres?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I switched everything over to d4s, and scale with that. However...

If you're an Ogre or other large race, I'd give a lot more credence to strike and parry bonuses than damage bonuses, simply to shore up your relative weakness. If you're swinging 3d6+12 already, it's a lot more useful to get a bonus to hit than a (relatively) tiny bonus to damage.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”