Godling/demigod conversion

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Godling/demigod conversion

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

My current campaign (that we're finally able to play in person again!) is taking place both on Palladium and currently in Phase World. I've turned the Phase World setting into SDC. Two characters are a demigod and godling (one from the Norse Pantheon, the other TBD). Since the conversion notes are not quite complete as per normal I'm looking for some feedback on AR.
I'm assuming that their supernatural nature would give them a basic natural AR. What would you use for them?
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Godling/demigod conversion

Unread post by kiralon »

AR: 12
or
AR:9, +1 AR @ lvls 3,5,7,9,11,13,15
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

This is common all you can really do is look in something like Conversion Book 1 to find equivalent beings and just go from that.

For demi-gods I would say 7 to 10 and Godling 10 to 13.

kiralon wrote:AR: 12
or

I like this a lot but for which one godling or demi and where did you get it.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Whiskeyjack wrote:My current campaign (that we're finally able to play in person again!) is taking place both on Palladium and currently in Phase World. I've turned the Phase World setting into SDC. Two characters are a demigod and godling (one from the Norse Pantheon, the other TBD). Since the conversion notes are not quite complete as per normal I'm looking for some feedback on AR.
I'm assuming that their supernatural nature would give them a basic natural AR. What would you use for them?

You should check out the Powers Unlimited 2 book. It has Demigods detailed there in the 'immortals' power cat. Along with a few other types of supernaturals sentients.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Warshield73 wrote:This is common all you can really do is look in something like Conversion Book 1 to find equivalent beings and just go from that.

For demi-gods I would say 7 to 10 and Godling 10 to 13.

or

Made it up, but based it off things i have seen in palladium, and characters always like things that progress, and it gives them another thing to look forward to when they level up, so honestly i would let the players choose
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Thanks for the input everyone!
I think I've figured out what I'm going to do.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

kiralon wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:
or

Made it up, but based it off things i have seen in palladium, and characters always like things that progress, and it gives them another thing to look forward to when they level up, so honestly i would let the players choose

I agree with this and I like it when stats advance just wondering if it came from something specific.
Whiskeyjack wrote:Thanks for the input everyone!
I think I've figured out what I'm going to do.

Glad to here it, good luck.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Talk about a jump in power levels! Palladium Fantasy and the Three Galaxies? :eek:

"Greetings, peasant. I am a Cosmo-Knight! Pardon me while I go pacify the Land of the Damned. Be back in a few days."

"Yes, just guide the battleship through the rift, and then bombard the giant tree at these coordinates. Keep firing until you annihilate Netosa. Thanks, Admiral!"

"Hi there, Primitives! Wait 'till you see the latest and greatest from Naruni Enterprises!"
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Hotrod wrote:Talk about a jump in power levels! Palladium Fantasy and the Three Galaxies? :eek:

"Greetings, peasant. I am a Cosmo-Knight! Pardon me while I go pacify the Land of the Damned. Be back in a few days."

"Yes, just guide the battleship through the rift, and then bombard the giant tree at these coordinates. Keep firing until you annihilate Netosa. Thanks, Admiral!"

"Hi there, Primitives! Wait 'till you see the latest and greatest from Naruni Enterprises!"

"Listen up, you primitive screwheads, this is my BOOM STICK!"
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mark Hall wrote:
Hotrod wrote:Talk about a jump in power levels! Palladium Fantasy and the Three Galaxies? :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I ever ran something like this my players would have raced to use this line. Have to love Ash
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Mark Hall wrote:

Lol. Three galaxies won't be coming to Palladium I don't think, unless it's to the great rift. Was planning a crossover between the groups in hades.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Going by DB7 any high tech stuff wouldn't work under the Palladium World's Neutral Energy Dimensional Matrix.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Curbludgeon wrote:Going by DB7 any high tech stuff wouldn't work under the Palladium World's Neutral Energy Dimensional Matrix.

I take that with a grain of salt, given the picture of the Defilers... guy with high-tech armor, guy with blaster rifle, guy with flamethrower...
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

You can really only do that once for a given continuity, and it ain't even that fun. Better, I reckon, to foster sword and planet tropes and the like. Plus, one could include a Neutral to Other Matrix benefit such that Tinker (from whatever Rifter article)-made aeolipiles might well serve as TW engines.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

I would use Palladium Fantasy 1e which has basic bits for demigods, godlings etc on page 155. Then on page 160 actually stats them up.

So I would absolutely use that as your Bible in this instance.

EDIT: Vlad-Tegor, Godling has AR 10 in 1e.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”