Anyone Used Special Training (HU) in Fantasy?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Anyone Used Special Training (HU) in Fantasy?

Unread post by Rogerd »

As per title, anyone tried this?

I was going to include some of the special training, physical training, and some of the minor powers they have in a game? Thinking about doing this, using HU skill programs, with some of the minor powers.

Conceivably thinking about including some Pathfinder class stuff, only stuff covered under Extraordinary Training (Ex) though to equalise classes. Then each class picks say three extraordinary training abilities.

My idea was such that the basic classes in PF can evolve to become Ancient Master, Weapons Master, Shih etc, and maybe a few others.

Not sure whether to include N&S martial arts at the moment. Though if I did it would sans mystic / chi stuff.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Anyone Used Special Training (HU) in Fantasy?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Title: no.
I don't really mix the PF world with anything. thou it might work with the ST variants more that the rest of the HU char templates.

There are some cinematic mods in one of Rifter 30.

Rifter 3 or rifter 9 has martial arts to PF cross over conversions.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

A HU character makes a great palladium end of level bad guy.
A few of the N&SS martial arts do come over fine, but try to stick to the ones with limited or no chi abilities. My players like playing Zanji Sword masters, but i play if palladium doesn't have the equivalent of something you generally don't get it. I also play modded first ed so a zanji master can fight real well, but has very few life skills so does tend to need support from other characters.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

kiralon wrote:A HU character makes a great palladium end of level bad guy.
A few of the N&SS martial arts do come over fine, but try to stick to the ones with limited or no chi abilities. My players like playing Zanji Sword masters, but i play if palladium doesn't have the equivalent of something you generally don't get it. I also play modded first ed so a zanji master can fight real well, but has very few life skills so does tend to need support from other characters.

Oh absolutely chi, zenjoriki and all that have to go in order to make it fit.

Although Touch Mastery would make a great assassin martial art if a player was so inclined, same for ninjitsu. Plus it would nake monks more interesting. Some soldiers could take zanji, making them less generic too.

Adding in the Shih would work too as essentially poweless martial artists. They would make a great sect of ultimate martial artists, kind of like the Night Tigers of Sinanju in the Destroyer books - prior to it becoming Sinanju.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

The martial art powers of invisibility are pretty nasty in palladium, and first ed has different hand to hand styles for most classes, rather than just basic, expert, martial arts and assassin that 2nd ed so do not get quite as boring as quick and the monk in second ed is pretty tough as is really.
The zenjorike abilities worked out OK, The chi skills were pretty unbalancing so i tossed them (body chi is crazy in fantasy). I however was mostly talking about skills. If you get wp rifle from your hth style you dont get it in pfrpg. This really only makes most martial artists basically the equivalent of someone living a sheltered (but hard) life in a remote monastary somewhere so don't have any skills for dealing with other people, however they can pound you into paste.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

As to Importing the N&S/MC/R3/R9 MAFs....they should be limited to NPCs you want to be a challenge to the PCs. Then also triple the APM because the MAFs 'as listed' tend to be optimized to a 5 second melee round.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

All Special Training,s types in Rifter 74,79,81,82 and 83 can wokr in Fantasy,Just take out all Tech-based abilities and Equipment.
The Abilities of the Stage Magician can go to Prestiditagor,the Abilities of the Ancienr Weapon Master,Phystical Training,Super Spy and Hunter can to Man of Arms,s Occ.

If I have all Rifter,I would used them,but give abilities out when player reach specific level.

I hope someone will make characters using the info from Rifter.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

gaby wrote:All Special Training,s types in Rifter 74,79,81,82 and 83 can wokr in Fantasy,Just take out all Tech-based abilities and Equipment.
I hope someone will make characters using the info from Rifter.
I would think that would make the characters unnecessarily complicated to play.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”