Lizard Mage

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Lizard Mage

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Lizard mages as per it's race profile in the PF: M&A sourcebook page 112 gets bonuses to magic and other stuff.
In you opinion would you add the classes' bonuses on top of the ones listed in the race text or would you just limit any addition bonuses to what is not covered in the race's text?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Lizard Mage

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Yes. Lizard mages are supposed to be crazy powerful.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Okay *thinks he means add all the bonuses together*...aaahhh Could people give answers in two view points....as making a NPC char and another if making a youth PC char.

EDIT: and pretend that I have read the lizard mage text in full and is asking for other people's opinions because I want them on the question (& in the VPs) I asked for.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Well as it says they are in addition to skill and attribute bonuses i'd say they are born with those bonuses and then get their attribute bonuses and then class bonuses, so same bonuses for both npc and character. The fact that it says not recommended as a player character but make great villains tends to reinforce that idea.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Other thoughts....the LM listing said two magic &/or scholar classes. would it be within the realm of reasonable thinking to see a PCC as a magic class for this limitation?
Nuristas
Explorer

Unread post by Nuristas »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Other thoughts....the LM listing said two magic &/or scholar classes. would it be within the realm of reasonable thinking to see a PCC as a magic class for this limitation?

I would assume so, since in Palladium RPG they are called Mind Mages. So that would thematically work?
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

As for an NPC...who cares. Write it up how you want it, regardless of canon... Kev & company do it on a daily basis! ;)

For a PC, take the inherent bonuses, add them to attribute bonuses. Then, take the class bonuses (if any) and merge them, dropping the lowest value. Finally, add them to the bonuses generated from inherent and attribute bonuses!

As for use of a PCC...for an NPC...see above...
For a PC...no.
RIFTS Conversion Book One Revised Edition wrote:Psionics: All Lizard Mages are (limited) Master psychics. ISP: ME x4, +1D6 per level of experience (the average Lizard Mage has 100 to 200 ISP).

They have all Sensitive and Physical powers, five healing powers, the Super powers of Bio-Manipulation, Bio-Regeneration (MDC), and two others of choice.
If your GM *were* to allow a PCC, I would suggest it be frozen at creation level (with variables growing with level, but no new powers). This means if you took Melter/Mind Mage, and rolled crap, you could never have the glow-ey cut-'em-up power available at 3rd level.

If starting out, I'd suggest the primary class be level 1D4+1, and the secondary class level 1. (Considering the "typical" LC is 2D4+6 & 1D4+4 for class levels.)

Because of the inherent OP of the character, I'd suggest using the Dragon chart with a 50% penalty.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Borast wrote:snip...
If your GM *were* to allow a PCC, I would suggest it be frozen at creation level (with variables growing with level, but no new powers).
...snip

Nice Idea.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”