Inquiry: Prince without a hope

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Prysus
Champion

Inquiry: Prince without a hope

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I'm looking for help with official (or at least based on official) PF material. Basically I'm looking for a prince* who is so far down the family line that he has little hope of ever taking the throne. Effectively, someone desperate enough to pull off scheme like Hans from Frozen. No, this is not a conversion, but an example of the lineage/political position.

I don't want the character detailed in a book already taking other actions. I'm more looking for something like: "A is listed as having 6 sons and 3 daughters. They describe children A, B, and C, but not the others or what they're up to."

I have a concept for a character (male or female, both are acceptable) and was looking for someone with the right lineage and resources, based on the established setting, but vague enough that I can do whatever I want and not interfere with canon. Any insights and help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Inquiry: Prince without a hope

Unread post by kiralon »

How about the eighteen year old son of King Gedro of Timiro. Bartholmew Gedro is the third in line to the throne of Timiro.
He was sent to Aria mainly as a means of appeasing his thirst for power. Bart is a very selfish and demanding young man and has been referred to as a brat on more than one occasion.
Bart is not the ruler of the town of Aria; in the buildings surrounding the castle reside his advisors. These men are actually the true rulers and were sent here by Bart's father to make up for his shortcomings. These men make sure Bart does not interfere with the military activities. This is perfectly fine by him because he enjoys being a figure head for the visiting foreign dignitaries.
Page 83 Old Ones first ed book.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

kiralon wrote:How about the eighteen year old son of King Gedro of Timiro. Bartholmew Gedro is the third in line to the throne of Timiro.
He was sent to Aria mainly as a means of appeasing his thirst for power. Bart is a very selfish and demanding young man and has been referred to as a brat on more than one occasion.
Bart is not the ruler of the town of Aria; in the buildings surrounding the castle reside his advisors. These men are actually the true rulers and were sent here by Bart's father to make up for his shortcomings. These men make sure Bart does not interfere with the military activities. This is perfectly fine by him because he enjoys being a figure head for the visiting foreign dignitaries.
Page 83 Old Ones first ed book.

Excellent young Prince might I add. I can tell you he is a 4th level Knight and anarchist in alignment.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

kiralon wrote:How about the eighteen year old son of King Gedro of Timiro. Bartholmew Gedro is the third in line to the throne of Timiro.

Greetings and Salutations. Sorry for the slow response. This is a bit more detailed than I want, sadly. He's established in a location, and he's content doing what he's doing. Basically I want someone I can take and move as required, who isn't likely to get any major power due to being so far down the line but wants more. In fact, this is one of those cases where less official information on the character is probably better (as it provides me with more freedom).

Though I'll admit this may have been a passing fancy, as I had an idea I thought would be fun ... but now I had already forgotten about this thread and the request (which tells me the enthusiasm is already fading). I'll keep my mind open on it if someone comes up with something fitting for what I want, but I wouldn't want anyone going through any trouble. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

The Western Empire has a LOT of regional houses described with not-in-line family members itching for power. You could find a suitable candidate in maybe half of them, and you could plausibly invent one among most of the rest, along with virtually any provincial noble house out there.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. I'm looking for help with official (or at least based on official) PF material. Basically I'm looking for a prince* who is so far down the family line that he has little hope of ever taking the throne. Effectively, someone desperate enough to pull off scheme like Hans from Frozen. No, this is not a conversion, but an example of the lineage/political position.

I don't want the character detailed in a book already taking other actions. I'm more looking for something like: "A is listed as having 6 sons and 3 daughters. They describe children A, B, and C, but not the others or what they're up to."

I have a concept for a character (male or female, both are acceptable) and was looking for someone with the right lineage and resources, based on the established setting, but vague enough that I can do whatever I want and not interfere with canon. Any insights and help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Farewell and safe journeys.

Eastern Territory page 105 mentions that the duke's younger brother, Theo VasPasseon, may usurp the throne. Might be a bit too much already involved for your needs.
Eastern Territory page 193 - King Edmund Pennington has eight children (from seven wives!). Only two are described and a third (Prince Hannon) appears to have been murdered by Baron Archamedies. But there is already a lot of intrigue and plotting here already!
Western Empire page 83 - Erivin Taerea is described as "Jarvin's oldest son", implying there are at least two other sons, but no other children are mentioned or named.

Though I think your best bet is to take one of the many minor noble houses of the Western Empire and run with it. That would give you a lot more freedom to do what you want. Just pick the "setting " that most interests you.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”