Lintalt Grimheart

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Lintalt Grimheart

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

If you don't know who he is, i refer you to Old Ones, pg. 140 - he is the Commander of Ft Indo.

An elf, he has already lived 200 years longer than his kind normally should (800 years old and still looking good), and I was wondering what in the Palladium World might allow for such a thing?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Library Ogre
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Lintalt Grimheart

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Witchcraft!

(Seriously; one of the witch powers in the MOM manuscript was additional lifespan)
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Possible... but given his heroic status and OCCs (Scholar, wizard, summoner)... probably not the reason.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Braden Campbell wrote:Possible... but given his heroic status and OCCs (Scholar, wizard, summoner)... probably not the reason.

He has climbed the land of the damned mountains and survived, and had the liver elixir (and now only ages 1 year for every 25).
(or was wearing an cloak of invisibility and snuck past the editors)
Last edited by kiralon on Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lather
Champion

Unread post by lather »

I'd go with Palladium being Palladium.

In addition, there is a circle of immortality in the High Seas book, I think.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Braden Campbell wrote:If you don't know who he is, i refer you to Old Ones, pg. 140 - he is the Commander of Ft Indo.

An elf, he has already lived 200 years longer than his kind normally should (800 years old and still looking good), and I was wondering what in the Palladium World might allow for such a thing?

Greetings and Salutations. Elves living to be 800 isn't that hard to believe, as the main book even discusses Elves living that long (page 34, and how old age affects P.P.). 600 is only their "Average Life Span," and to be average, some must live longer. Edit:: PF2 page 290 mentions "some have lived as long as 1200."

So to make this comparison a bit easier to understand, Humans have an "Average Life Span" of 60 years old. While it's uncommon in the setting, I don't think anyone would be wondering how it's possible for a human to reach 80 years old. Someone that age can even still be active and makes me think of this commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsXc9zSODN8

However, it's stated, at the very least, his youthful appearance is due to magic. So I'll focus on how he could remain more youthful in appearance instead of simply living to be 800.

First, Elves are described as having youthful features (PF2 page 291, Physical Appearance). So, even at old age, they may appear young. This isn't directly linked to magic, but Elves are considered possibly (but probably not) Creatures of Magic (PF2 page 290), so ... maybe? A bit of a stretch, but a good starting point. I remembered reading that somewhere, but somehow missed it earlier.

He's stated as being wealthy, so he can probably afford better healthcare, both science based and magical. And most of the material (magical items and spells) are designed for use in an adventure. However, there can be plenty of items we don't know about, and effects from unusual situations that we may not be aware of. For example, would taking a health potion every day help ward off the effects of age?

PF2 page 253 has a Magic Potion that can "Change Appearance to Look Youthful." This is listed as 15 years, but for an Elf I think it's fair to say it's probably 150 years younger. So that would make him look about 650. The potion lasts for 8 hours (and earlier they discuss giving some potions double the duration for double the cost, so maybe lasts for 16 hours, maybe?). So someone may look youthful at 650 if you're expecting to see someone who is 800. It's possible to use one daily, but that seems a bit vain. Though I'd say it might be possible to having something like this put onto an item for a lasting effect while worn.

Lord Coake, in SoT4: Cyber-Knights, is stated to age slower due to magic.

Then of course people mentioned some options above. Those are also possible.

Just some additional information. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Last edited by Prysus on Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

He once visited the Fountain of Youth.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

He is really a Star Elf or Asgardian High Elf, both with an average 1,000 year lifespan?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”