Lopan

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Lopan

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

Wow I was hoping Kevin would keep the lid on this a little while longer. Now I feel the pressure
:oops: . Can't say anything or hint anything folks. But I'm having more fun developing this
kingdom then I did Bizantium. She is still a work in progress. But I have a timetable on when I
want to get it done by. Rest assured folks Palladium Fantasy is alive and well.
Hotrod
Knight

Re: Lopan

Unread post by Hotrod »

*Cracks whip* What are you doing wasting your time on the forums! Get back to work!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Reagren Wright wrote:Wow I was hoping Kevin would keep the lid on this a little while longer.

Greetings and Salutations. I'll say I suspected this project a while ago (since about the POH2015). No one told me directly, but I heard enough that I put the pieces together.

Reagren Wright wrote:But I'm having more fun developing this
kingdom then I did Bizantium. She is still a work in progress. But I have a timetable on when I

If you need any help tracking down references, let me know. I'll help the best that I can. Though the one who probably knows the Lopan references best is Dark Elf. Though since my initial suspicions were roused, I've been very curious to see/hear his reaction on this news (since he'd been working on a Phi-Lopan manuscript as well).

Have good fun and the best of luck. Farewell and safe journeys to all.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Prysus wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:Wow I was hoping Kevin would keep the lid on this a little while longer.

Greetings and Salutations. I'll say I suspected this project a while ago (since about the POH2015). No one told me directly, but I heard enough that I put the pieces together.

Reagren Wright wrote:But I'm having more fun developing this

If you need any help tracking down references, let me know. I'll help the best that I can. Though the one who probably knows the Lopan references best is Dark Elf. Though since my initial suspicions were roused, I've been very curious to see/hear his reaction on this news (since he'd been working on a Phi-Lopan manuscript as well).

Have good fun and the best of luck. Farewell and safe journeys to all.

About that time (POH2015) I was contemplating an entirely different project, which had nothing
to do with Lopan (or Phi). After the Open House, me and friend started brainstorming ideas
together. It wasn't until mid-June I decided to go ahead and commit myself to it. Didn't tell
Kevin until Gen Con 2015.
Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Unread post by Janus »

Palladium Fantasy is only alive and well if after you finish your work on the book Kevin gets his self in gear and gets it to the printer.

The last book was Bizantium and was a good read, but it was only one book after so many years of waiting and drooling for it to make an appearance.

I am hoping Lopan is soon as my friend has used Lopan as his world setting for years.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

WOOOT ya And i just started getting things ready for a new game , it will probably be up and going before it comes out . So i better start planing on moving the gang in that direction lol. Very kool man very kool.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, as exciting as a Lopan source book would be, I'd prefer a Jack Burton book first.

-Vek
"Good luck with that reference, folks. Don't Google it!"
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Veknironth wrote:Well, as exciting as a Lopan source book would be, I'd prefer a Jack Burton book first.

-Vek
"Good luck with that reference, folks. Don't Google it!"

I don't need to google it. I know the reference. And... I remember why I always thought of you as awesome.

But, this thread just shows the problem.. Kev putting info out there, getting people excited... and, the author is still working on the manuscript.

This isn't against the author- I'm sure Reagan will do a great job, and the book will be wonderful. When it gets out. Historically, the problems haven't been the authors timelines.. it's been Kevin's "editing" timeline...

So, I'm sorry Reagan, but, I'm not excited. Once it's off to the printer, THEN I may allow myself to get excited.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Janus wrote:Palladium Fantasy is only alive and well if after you finish your work on the book Kevin gets his self in gear and gets it to the printer.

The last book was Bizantium and was a good read, but it was only one book after so many years of waiting and drooling for it to make an appearance.

I am hoping Lopan is soon as my friend has used Lopan as his world setting for years.
yeah but you can bet my Lopan and Regrens won't be any where near similar to one another.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Hmmm.

I am happy about every PFRPG book and it sure is time for the next one, hopefully several!

I thought Land of the Damned III would be your next book, Glenn - it really is missing and I think the book is an ideal fit for you. I really liked Byzantium and that kind of needs a complete north. Besides, I soooo want to know what is there in the west.

To be frank, though, I would have preferred Dark Elf to get a shot at Lopan and/or Phi. His Lopan adventure (and other writings) rocks and he is a gifted and passionate writer.

That said, I want to see all niches filled. There will be the glorious day when the sun will dawn on the Old Kingdom, too!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Reagren Wright

Hendrik wrote:Hmmm.

I am happy about every PFRPG book and it sure is time for the next one, hopefully several!

I thought Land of the Damned III would be your next book, Glenn - it really is missing and I think the book is an ideal fit for you. I really liked Byzantium and that kind of needs a complete north. Besides, I soooo want to know what is there in the west.

To be frank, though, I would have preferred Dark Elf to get a shot at Lopan and/or Phi. His Lopan adventure (and other writings) rocks and he is a gifted and passionate writer.

That said, I want to see all niches filled. There will be the glorious day when the sun will dawn on the Old Kingdom, too!

Thanks for the love Hendrick. Unfortunately, I must say LoD3 is a Kevin project. I did submit
some ideas to Kevin about parts of the Bleakness, so we will see if he uses any of them.
However, those who played in my 2015 Open House game, you may notice that the map
Palladium sells of the LoD is an improved version of the map Will (Hot Rod) made for me for
that adventure. Kevin and I have some great ideas brewing for PF so we will see what
happens.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Reagren Wright wrote:
Hendrik wrote:Hmmm.

Thanks for the love Hendrick. Unfortunately, I must say LoD3 is a Kevin project. I did submit
some ideas to Kevin about parts of the Bleakness, so we will see if he uses any of them.
However, those who played in my 2015 Open House game, you may notice that the map
Palladium sells of the LoD is an improved version of the map Will (Hot Rod) made for me for
that adventure. Kevin and I have some great ideas brewing for PF so we will see what
happens.

That was a fun map to make. I should clarify, however, that the Land of the Damned map prints are not being sold; I donated those to include in the Christmas surprise packages. If there's enough demand, Palladium might offer some of them as prints, but they aren't available for purchase in the store.

You can find digital versions of the maps on my art page below, though they're not optimized for printing.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Reagren Wright

Kevin has recently updated the list of Palladium books, so I figured I better let
everyone in on what's happening on Lopan. I'm still working on it. Between 2/3 and
3/4 the way done. Last year my initial target date was April 2016 to have it in Kevin's
hands, but promotion to full time and some housing issues have put a slight delay in
that. Realisticly it might be around May, hopefully not June. With the kid going away
for a week during Spring Break visiting different grandparents, that should give me lots
of QUIET and undisturbed writing time. The ground work for some great stuff is laid
out.
Scorpion Leader
Explorer
Comment: "Marines We are Leaving...maybe we should Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Unread post by Scorpion Leader »

2 Years Later......
Reagren Wright

Lopan manuscript has been completed and in the hands of Palladium for a while. Phi manuscript is
completed but not submitted as any changes that occurs in Gardens of the Gods or Lopan will
affect the completed work. So Phi cannot be submitted until those two books are completed and in
on the shelf. Rest assured. All good things happen to those who wait.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Glad to hear an update RW.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Reagren Wright wrote:Lopan manuscript has been completed and in the hands of Palladium for a while. Phi manuscript is
completed but not submitted as any changes that occurs in Gardens of the Gods or Lopan will
affect the completed work. So Phi cannot be submitted until those two books are completed and in
on the shelf. Rest assured. All good things happen to those who wait.

Really looking forward to this book!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Truly
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

While Lopan itself does not really interest me, the thought of a new PF book definitely does. If it ever gets published, I expect it to be a good book considering the source/author :)
Reagren Wright

Sir Dellis wrote:While Lopan itself does not really interest me, the thought of a new PF book definitely does. If it ever gets published, I expect it to be a good book considering the source/author :)

Thank you.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I look forward to a. Book without a ton of. Sentence fragments, which. Palladium has been putting out a lot of lately.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Vrykolas2k wrote:I look forward to a. Book without a ton of. Sentence fragments, which. Palladium has been putting out a lot of lately.

To be fair, Palladium has done that a lot over the years, to the point where it's more of their "conversational style" writing than a grammar error, per se. As long as it's done consistently and intentionally, I can give it a pass. If anything, sentence fragments have become rather stylish lately.

Text messaging and IM have pushed this change. I recently learned, for example, that when I use punctuation, even proper punctuation, in a text message, many younger recipients interpret that as frustration, impatience, and even anger directed at them personally.

This can be dialed up for emphasis. Some authors use them after individual words in order to give. Words. More. Emphasis. Or. Imply. Anger.

Some go even further and give such fragments their. Own.

Paragraph.

In Palladium's case, most of the sentence fragments tend to be in the form of prepositional phrases. Like this one. As a reader, I interpret this punctuation as supplemental phrasing. The incomplete sentence generally continues a thought from what came before, but the thought is meant to be distinctive enough that it's given its own sentence, even though it lacks a subject and predicate structure.

The English teacher's son inside me cringes a little when I read this, but I'm assuaged by the reality that compelling writing does not require good grammar and the complementary fact that most people don't care about it.

Only the few people like us.

When I start seeing abominations like "he should of went" in published print, then I will be bothered.

A.

Lot.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Hotrod wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:I look forward to a. Book without a ton of. Sentence fragments, which. Palladium has been putting out a lot of lately.

To be fair, Palladium has done that a lot over the years, to the point where it's more of their "conversational style" writing than a grammar error, per se. As long as it's done consistently and intentionally, I can give it a pass. If anything, sentence fragments have become rather stylish lately.

Text messaging and IM have pushed this change. I recently learned, for example, that when I use punctuation, even proper punctuation, in a text message, many younger recipients interpret that as frustration, impatience, and even anger directed at them personally.

This can be dialed up for emphasis. Some authors use them after individual words in order to give. Words. More. Emphasis. Or. Imply. Anger.

Paragraph.

In Palladium's case, most of the sentence fragments tend to be in the form of prepositional phrases. Like this one. As a reader, I interpret this punctuation as supplemental phrasing. The incomplete sentence generally continues a thought from what came before, but the thought is meant to be distinctive enough that it's given its own sentence, even though it lacks a subject and predicate structure.

The English teacher's son inside me cringes a little when I read this, but I'm assuaged by the reality that compelling writing does not require good grammar and the complementary fact that most people don't care about it.

When I start seeing abominations like "he should of went" in published print, then I will be bothered.

A.

Lot.

I view it as just another sign of society becoming more degraded and slothful.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Reagren Wright

It happens. Between my own BA in English, 6 years of being a Writing Center Tutor, and a shelf full
of Grammar and English books, I still have a habit of using writing fragments, run ons, etc. I can
hear Doctor (Ph.D) Scholban lecturing me in my ear and seeing his red ink marks all over anything
I write while I'm editing it. And just when I think the work is done someone reveals I missed stuff,
like a fine bottle of campaign, she bought a pair of brand new boats for her feet, the ME determined
the victim was killed by a blade 3 meters in length (9.8 ft). So if you want something perfect hire a
professional copy editor or just open up a book made by the big boys you'll see 18 or more authors,
a creative director, managing editor, five editors, editorial assistant, editorial intern, and etc.
Bizantium had three editors and a proofreader, and yet there are errors and inconsistencies
still. You can therefore either enjoy the work as it is or be nick picky about it. Don't be like me, and
absorb yourself in everything wrong with it. I went through the whole book and found as many
errors as I can with the hope of maybe a second printing being able to fix them. I've learned to live
them, and all I can do is try to do better next time, meaning Lopan and Phi.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

I think they just need to hire a competent proof reader. I've been reading through Balgor Wastelands for my campaign. There are a few pages where most of the sentences start with lower case letters. Errors that blatant in a published book are unacceptable.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Whiskeyjack wrote:I think they just need to hire a competent proof reader. I've been reading through Balgor Wastelands for my campaign. There are a few pages where most of the sentences start with lower case letters. Errors that blatant in a published book are unacceptable.

and stop copy pasting errors too.

What is your favourite error.

Mine is from first ed where the phantom (or) footman had a strength of 221.
zyanitevp
Champion

kiralon wrote:
Whiskeyjack wrote:I think they just need to hire a competent proof reader. I've been reading through Balgor Wastelands for my campaign. There are a few pages where most of the sentences start with lower case letters. Errors that blatant in a published book are unacceptable.

and stop copy pasting errors too.

What is your favourite error.

Mine is from first ed where the phantom (or) footman had a strength of 221.

Sea of Despare is my favorite error.
My Twitter
Image Image
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Hotrod wrote:

Paragraph.

A.

Lot.

I see it as a function of shorter attention spans and modern public communications centered around the broadest audience possible. During the Age of Reason, most public communications emphasized the use of precise language over brevity. For example, in his inaugural address, George Washington said:
Such being the impressions under which I have, in obedience to the public summons, repaired to the present station; it would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official Act, my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the Universe, who presides in the Councils of Nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that his benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the People of the United States, a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes: and may enable every instrument employed in its administration to execute with success, the functions allotted to his charge.

Modern presidents simply say:
God Bless America.

I'm ambivalent about this kind of development. The practical part of me prefers to keep things short and sweet and save time, and yet, we lose something with the contraction of language and the compromise of its structure. To Washington, invoking God 's blessing wasn't something thrown in with a catch phrase at the end of a speech; on the contrary, this was a central idea upon which he meditated regularly, such that Washington explored both why and how the Almighty's blessing was so critical. Washington's Inaugural Address communicates a depth of humility and reverence for both God and country that I've neither read nor heard in modern communications. It also invites the reader to share Washington's depth of thinking.

At the same time, Washington's broad vocabulary would be totally unsuitable for a speech to modern audiences who don't hold graduate degrees, and his phrasing is lengthy, needlessly complicated and, in places, awkward. If given today, many news outlets and political pundits would decry this kind of language as intellectually elitist (which the Founding Fathers were) and snobbish (which the Founding Fathers were not). I've encountered that kind of reaction in IM and text conversations, and when my "correct" use of language puts the reader off, it fails its primary purpose: to communicate ideas.

Ultimately, Palladium needs to publish books that its fans enjoy reading and using in their games. Better copyediting might help satisfy the grammar Nazi inside me, but as my favorite professor used to tell me, "Perfection is the enemy of good enough." Kevin has to make judgment calls on what constitutes good enough, balancing the importance of reducing mistakes with the business expenses of hiring a copyeditor and slowing production down. That's a hard line to walk, and I don't envy the calls he has to make.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

So... is this book coming out soon, or what?
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Hotrod wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:
Hotrod wrote:

Paragraph.

A.

Lot.

I see it as a function of shorter attention spans and modern public communications centered around the broadest audience possible. During the Age of Reason, most public communications emphasized the use of precise language over brevity. For example, in his inaugural address, George Washington said:
Such being the impressions under which I have, in obedience to the public summons, repaired to the present station; it would be peculiarly improper to omit in this first official Act, my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the Universe, who presides in the Councils of Nations, and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that his benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the People of the United States, a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes: and may enable every instrument employed in its administration to execute with success, the functions allotted to his charge.

Modern presidents simply say:
God Bless America.

I'm ambivalent about this kind of development. The practical part of me prefers to keep things short and sweet and save time, and yet, we lose something with the contraction of language and the compromise of its structure. To Washington, invoking God 's blessing wasn't something thrown in with a catch phrase at the end of a speech; on the contrary, this was a central idea upon which he meditated regularly, such that Washington explored both why and how the Almighty's blessing was so critical. Washington's Inaugural Address communicates a depth of humility and reverence for both God and country that I've neither read nor heard in modern communications. It also invites the reader to share Washington's depth of thinking.

At the same time, Washington's broad vocabulary would be totally unsuitable for a speech to modern audiences who don't hold graduate degrees, and his phrasing is lengthy, needlessly complicated and, in places, awkward. If given today, many news outlets and political pundits would decry this kind of language as intellectually elitist (which the Founding Fathers were) and snobbish (which the Founding Fathers were not). I've encountered that kind of reaction in IM and text conversations, and when my "correct" use of language puts the reader off, it fails its primary purpose: to communicate ideas.

Ultimately, Palladium needs to publish books that its fans enjoy reading and using in their games. Better copyediting might help satisfy the grammar Nazi inside me, but as my favorite professor used to tell me, "Perfection is the enemy of good enough." Kevin has to make judgment calls on what constitutes good enough, balancing the importance of reducing mistakes with the business expenses of hiring a copyeditor and slowing production down. That's a hard line to walk, and I don't envy the calls he has to make.

Like I said, degraded and slothful.
:-P
It's also difficult to imagine how production could be slower by adding a copyeditor.
Last edited by Vrykolas2k on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Choose Your Language
* Chinese Traditional
* Chinese Simplified
* English Traditional
* English Simplified (American)
:lol: :wink:
Reagren Wright

Feels good to be mentioned back in the weekly updates. Nothing new to report,
however will be chatting with Kevin in June, hoping to discuss more about the future of
Palladium Fantasy. Lots of books in stuck in the pipeline to clear out.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I found it interesting to read that the Lopanic Games will be released as a pdf in the latest weekly update.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Good to see, was great fun to play.

Wait a sec, something from this century in pdf format from palladium books. :lol:
Celebration time :bandit:
Reagren Wright

Lopan Update

Kevin and I had an email conversation about Lopan. We decided to do some changes to ensure its compatability with Gardens of the Gods.
So this manuscript is still on track, just need to do some revisions to it. Got some new ideas that will make this even better than it was
before. Oh I'm excited to get back to work on baby now.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Sweeeeeeeeeeet
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Can't wait!
Reagren Wright

Update-Did it on Facebook and I'll report it on here. I would say I'm not quite half way through the revisions of the manunscript. Yep
definitely making this place ever cooler than it was before. Everyone will want to make their way to Lopan, and not just for the Lopanic
Games or the Garden of the Gods. Many other things to do and....buy. So far the goal is return the revised manuscript back before the
Holidays. First target holiday is Thanksgiving.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Will there be Phi mystic items as well ?
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Will it be slated for a 2020 release, so we see it in 2040...?
(Yes, I'm kidding... kind of.)

Reagren Wright

New Update.

Same update I gave Kevin. Finished the revision and the 1st round edited. Printed the manuscript out and now reading it over for a second
round edit. Moving at a good pace even with the holiday coming up. Should be completed and resubmitted back to Kevin before Christmas.
He's looking forward to reading it just in time for perhaps a Garden of the Gods raw edit. Afterward back to rediting and revising some
material in PDF project. Then returning to the PF project I put on hold while did revisions to Lopan. However, Monday have to see if I'm
buying myself a new computer for Christmas. Luckily smart enough to have everything I worked on saved on three locations. One goes down
always have a back up.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

Remember to check the backups, a backup isn't a backup until it's verified. Don't want to lose all the good work. If you have an exchange or imap email account emailing it to yourself every now and again doesn't hurt either and is a cheap method of version control.

-seen too many backups not work.

but otherwise very good news. Hope to see it printed soon.
zyanitevp
Champion

Reagren Wright wrote:New Update.

Same update I gave Kevin. Finished the revision and the 1st round edited. Printed the manuscript out and now reading it over for a second
round edit. Moving at a good pace even with the holiday coming up. Should be completed and resubmitted back to Kevin before Christmas.
He's looking forward to reading it just in time for perhaps a Garden of the Gods raw edit. Afterward back to rediting and revising some
material in PDF project. Then returning to the PF project I put on hold while did revisions to Lopan. However, Monday have to see if I'm
buying myself a new computer for Christmas. Luckily smart enough to have everything I worked on saved on three locations. One goes down
always have a back up.

As always, looking forward to any progress here, and happy to take a look at things as well- best of luck on the computer issues.
My Twitter
Image Image
Reagren Wright

The back up is my laptop which is what I worked on at my other job, library, or any where else I have time to do some writing/editing. Those
who've met me at the Open House or Gen Con, same lap top. Other backup is an 8G Flash Drive and whenever I complete a manuscript it get
burn to a CD and gets email to Kevin or one of the Palladium guys. I also pay to have all my documentes backed up into a cloud for storage.
So I have stuff saved lots of places. The trick is not to work on something and then accidently save over the new material with old material,
therefore erasing everything you just worked on. Did that twice. Once on Bizantium and once on Lopan a few years ago. Stupid mistake.
Reagren Wright

Update-Lopan revisions are finished and the completed manuscript is back at the Palladium office. Now I can devoute some time back to
another project that had to be revised because of changes done to Lopan.
zyanitevp
Champion

How much did you have to change? Are you going to need to change more for Garden of the Gods?
My Twitter
Image Image
Reagren Wright

Yes I know this is resurrecting an old post but a recent development has occurred. Earlier this year, Kevin sent me an email with some suggestions to punch up and improve the revised
Lopan manuscript I sent him back in 2020. I said no problem and start doing a few minor tweeks. That was last week and this is the result of my long labor and process that I started
back at Gen Con 2015.

[quotePALLADIUM BOOKS® – WEEKLY UPDATE – AUGUST 19, 2021][/quote]

Glen Evans took my notes and turned in a rewritten Lopan manuscript that editor Alex Marciniszyn said might be Glen’s best writing to date!

:-o :-D Wow thank you Alex and Kevin it means a lot. The goal has always been to present Palladium Fantasy material for fans, players, and game masters can thoroughly enjoy role
playing and simply reading. Lopan has been a long labor of love and I'm thankful the fruits of those labor has paid off. And guess what folks, I'm just getting started... :wink: ;)
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

That awsome news! Hopefully it hits press soon. Looking forward to reading it.
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kraynic »

I am generally not all that excited for new source books, but I am tempted to pick this one up, just to see what I can steal to incorporate into my own version of Lopan.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I'm stoked to see this! Way to go, Glen!
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”