Palladium Known World Flags and Banners?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NPC
D-Bee

Palladium Known World Flags and Banners?

Unread post by NPC »

I'm looking for a description of the flags and banners of the various nations, houses, etc. I recall seeing a pretty detailed heraldry skill breakdown, and yet now I'm having a hard time finding anything concrete on actual imagery used in the world itself.

More specifically, is the banner of the Timiro Kingdom ever derailed anywhere? I've looked all over the Old Ones and Rifter 63, but not finding anything. I could be overlooking it of course. I'm about to kick off a brand new 1st Edition campaign, and was filling out some fluff on an adventure, and was about to write something like "Atop the ramparts you see the (Lion? Eagle? Dragon?) of the Timiro Kingdom flapping in the wind," when I realized I didn't actually know what that emblem was.

Anyone know?
-NPC @ Breakfast Puppies
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Palladium Known World Flags and Banners?

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I dont recall any. Not even the Wolfen Tribes.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
NPC
D-Bee

Unread post by NPC »

The Dark Elf wrote:I dont recall any. Not even the Wolfen Tribes.

As fortune would have it, those I actually do have on hand. IIRC I found them on the deviantart page of that fella who made all the really cool rendered maps of the Known World, although I admit it's likely he made them up. In any case they're pretty darn cool.
-NPC @ Breakfast Puppies
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. In Book 3: Adventures on the High Seas, Second Edition (I didn't see it in 1st Edition, but I may have missed it) in the ship section towards the back, before the start of each nations ship stats they describe the flags. For Timiro, it's Blue and Gold with a Gryphon insignia. That could, in theory, be only for ships, but figured it could still help. I also won't list the other nations as I've listed the location and the the specific one being described. Have a great day. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
NPC
D-Bee

Unread post by NPC »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. In Book 3: Adventures on the High Seas, Second Edition (I didn't see it in 1st Edition, but I may have missed it) in the ship section towards the back, before the start of each nations ship stats they describe the flags. For Timiro, it's Blue and Gold with a Gryphon insignia. That could, in theory, be only for ships, but figured it could still help. I also won't list the other nations as I've listed the location and the the specific one being described. Have a great day. Farewell and safe journeys.

Thank you! This works well for my needs. And to confirm, I double-checked in the 1E version and the flag details are not there. Thankfully I've gt the 2E book as well. Thanks again!
-NPC @ Breakfast Puppies
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

NPC wrote:I'm looking for a description of the flags and banners of the various nations, houses, etc. I recall seeing a pretty detailed heraldry skill breakdown, and yet now I'm having a hard time finding anything concrete on actual imagery used in the world itself.

More specifically, is the banner of the Timiro Kingdom ever derailed anywhere? I've looked all over the Old Ones and Rifter 63, but not finding anything. I could be overlooking it of course. I'm about to kick off a brand new 1st Edition campaign, and was filling out some fluff on an adventure, and was about to write something like "Atop the ramparts you see the (Lion? Eagle? Dragon?) of the Timiro Kingdom flapping in the wind," when I realized I didn't actually know what that emblem was.

Anyone know?

You've come to the right place. Aside from Adventures on the High Seas, which provides some useful heraldry information, Eastern Territory includes heraldic information on most of its bigger towns/cities, usually at the start of each city-state's section. There's also a banner hanging in some art in Wolfen Empire that I've interpreted to be the tribal heraldry for the Wolfen Tribe headquartered in Shadowfall.

I've built all that information into my Palladium Fantasy maps to date, and I've added some thematic heraldry for tribes/member states within the Wolfen Empire, regional powers within the Western Empire, and some others. I tend to incorporate thematic elements from the faction represented. If you look at my sig below, you'll see those insignia on my maps, and most also include links to other files where you can see the heraldic shields at higher size/definition.

I hope this helps!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
NPC
D-Bee

Unread post by NPC »

Hotrod wrote:I hope this helps!

Greatly, thank you! I've had your Wolfen icons set for some time now, and in fact they were part of what inspired me to make this post. Also, your maps are fantastic and really do help keep my players immersed in the world. Thanks for all the hard work!
-NPC @ Breakfast Puppies

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”