What do you want the Next Palladium fantasy rpg,s Books?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Goblin-Jack
Explorer

Re: What do you want the Next Palladium fantasy rpg,s Books?

Unread post by Goblin-Jack »

Soldier of Od wrote:But with the Western Empire already fully described, Khemennu must be somewhere else. Same goes for putting it into any of the written-up nations - there's no room left. I can add towns and small cities to my heart's content, but a megacity of two million people? It overshadows everything around it, and feels like if it was really there it would have been mentioned in the book!

Perhaps that's a city within an empire just outside the black barrier separating the continent that we know of as the PFRPG setting, from the rest of the actual Palladium world. If you'd be so inclined (and I hope you would be!), write up such a setting and submit it, either as a Rifter article, or even as a fleshed out sourcebook for PFRPG. That barrier first noted in Island at the Edge of the World needs to go, and with the right manuscript, it hopefully will! :D
"Wujcik rules!!!"
Grammarsalad
D-Bee

Unread post by Grammarsalad »

Whiskeyjack wrote:While a book detailing beyond the wall would be really cool, I'd really like to see the main world fully described first. It's been almost 40 years now. I know Rifts sells better, but if PF had 60 books, it would probably sell better too.
Personally I would love to see the system cleaned up. A core rule book with all classes from all the books. A book of magic detailing all the spells and magic classes. A book of monsters/races combining them from all books. It's laborious to try and remember which book has which spells, rules, classes, skills etc.

Something like this would be pretty great. Maybe not so much a new edition as a "revised" edition, cleaned up and updated.

The only thing I really miss from 1e was the different "fighting styles" of the man of arms classes. Getting something like that (maybe borrowing heavily from n&s) would be petty neat.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Goblin-Jack wrote:
Soldier of Od wrote:But with the Western Empire already fully described, Khemennu must be somewhere else. Same goes for putting it into any of the written-up nations - there's no room left. I can add towns and small cities to my heart's content, but a megacity of two million people? It overshadows everything around it, and feels like if it was really there it would have been mentioned in the book!

Perhaps that's a city within an empire just outside the black barrier separating the continent that we know of as the PFRPG setting, from the rest of the actual Palladium world. If you'd be so inclined (and I hope you would be!), write up such a setting and submit it, either as a Rifter article, or even as a fleshed out sourcebook for PFRPG. That barrier first noted in Island at the Edge of the World needs to go, and with the right manuscript, it hopefully will! :D

The Western Empire has a lot more cities (including big ones) in it than are described in the book. You might not want to make a new city to rival Caer Itom (not sure how bit the imperiol capitol is off the top of my head), but it's not beyond the pale that Khemennu could be in that same region or province. It's some sort of holy city, right? It might be that imperial policy is to keep its regional and provincial capitols separate from holy cities as a check against the power of the church. Almost all the mapped and described cities are capitols, with only a small smattering of other cities and towns mentioned.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

Faeries with OCCs, more info on the True Atlanteans there, yin-sloth, more ships and designs, and lastly more info on the off-of-the-map stuff. The islands west of the Western Empire and the continent East of the Eastern Empire, and the lands in the south beyond the wall.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Goblin-Jack
Explorer

Goblin-Jack wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I think if they want it to be all one game system then they should get rid of MDC altogether and update all the PF books to second edition. There should be no need to convert anything from one setting to the next.

Kevin has two updated, 2E manuscripts for Yin-Sloth Jungles and Islands at the Edge of the World (as he noted in a weekly update and in person at the PoH), and as soon as they get through the pipeline of manuscripts, all of PF will officially be 2E.

Update, per Kevin in the video at the link below, both Yin-Sloth Jungles and Island at the Edge of the World are getting a 2nd Edition release (for the manuscripts he has for each), this year as part of the 40th anniversary of PFRPG. This announcement will also be in this week's weekly update (in case you can't access the video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc8W-aYMUdY

(See the time marks 4:17:00 to 4:17:26)
"Wujcik rules!!!"
Lord Malachdrim
Wanderer

Unread post by Lord Malachdrim »

Goblin-Jack wrote:
Goblin-Jack wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I think if they want it to be all one game system then they should get rid of MDC altogether and update all the PF books to second edition. There should be no need to convert anything from one setting to the next.

Kevin has two updated, 2E manuscripts for Yin-Sloth Jungles and Islands at the Edge of the World (as he noted in a weekly update and in person at the PoH), and as soon as they get through the pipeline of manuscripts, all of PF will officially be 2E.

Update, per Kevin in the video at the link below, both Yin-Sloth Jungles and Island at the Edge of the World are getting a 2nd Edition release (for the manuscripts he has for each), this year as part of the 40th anniversary of PFRPG. This announcement will also be in this week's weekly update (in case you can't access the video).

Since access to the full live stream is restricted on Youtube to paying members you are better off going to Rumble. https://rumble.com/v2csxo8--rpg-die-ges ... books.html
Never let the facts get in the way of a good grudge.
Goblin-Jack
Explorer

Lord Malachdrim wrote:
Goblin-Jack wrote:
Goblin-Jack wrote:

Since access to the full live stream is restricted on Youtube to paying members you are better off going to Rumble. https://rumble.com/v2csxo8--rpg-die-ges ... books.html

Lord Malachdrim, thank you!! :D
"Wujcik rules!!!"
Tarrousk
D-Bee

Unread post by Tarrousk »

Personally. I'd like a Revised and updated Book 6 Island at the edge of the world. Mysteries of Magic 2, Logan.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”