Calculation For Fatigue

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fenrir_Lokison
D-Bee

Calculation For Fatigue

Unread post by Fenrir_Lokison »

Maybe I am using the wrong search criteria. But, I am looking for any information on calculating fatigue. I am trying to find either an official rule on the subject or some sound GMs interpretation.

While it is fun playing the character with unlimited bullets...It would be nice to know that if say two speedsters with the same level speed but different P.E., which actually would the the strongest. Or would 2 points of P.E. matter between two swordswomen who seemed to be matched every wear else be just a case holding out until the other can no longer stand? Or that person holding up a building at some point may become exhausted and passes out from the strain.

Here are some thoughts of mine...

Exertion/Fatigue Points: 1 hour per P.E. for most mortal beings; animals/mutants/minor supernatural beings 2 hours; sub-demons/mutants with particular powers other than Extraordinary Physical Endurance 3 hours; major supernatural creatures/godlings/dragons/faeries 4 hours per P.E.; divine creatures/avatars of gods and certain alien intelligences 10 hours per P.E.
No Exertion - Can be done as long as necessary*
Minimum Exerction - 1 hour per P.E.*
Minor Exertion - 30 minutes per P.E.*
Medium Extertion - 15 minutes per P.E.*
Major Exertion - 5 minutes per P.E.*
Full Exertion - 1 minute per P.E.
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Calculation For Fatigue

Unread post by Kraynic »

It looks like this question might be for Heroes Unlimited, but is posted in the Fantasy forum. The basic rules I am aware of for fatigue for HU2 are on 16 under Movement and Exertion. That section ends with this:
Prolonged periods of combat or heavy exertion (an hour or more of intense, continual, physical exertion) will take its toll on the character. Reduce the following once every hour:
Speed -2
Initiative -2
Parry and Dodge -1
Damage -2

While that doesn't impact PE directly, some characters will have more of those bonuses to lose than others.

The fantasy game has much more restrictive limits on some things, or at least 1E did. For example, a character could only engage in combat for 1 melee per point of P.E. without needing a short break. The same goes for carrying heavy loads, etc. There was sort of a middle ground for jogging and the like (medium exertion) at twice the character's P.E. in minutes. Those can be found on page 8 of the Fantasy 1E book.

On a quick check, it looks like the 2E Fantasy switched to something similar to HU2. I'm not sure if the older fantasy rules would fit well with HU or not. I guess it depends on what "power level" of game you are running.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”