Flame Friend

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Veknironth
Hero

Flame Friend

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, there is nothing in the description of the spell regarding this, but how many of them can a Warlock have summoned at once?

-Vek
"Same question for elementals."
Kraynic
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Flame Friend

Unread post by Kraynic »

I'm pretty certain that the answer for flame friend is the same as the answer for "how many times are you casting flame friend?".

As for the warlock's elemental, I have always limited them to one, though I have to admit that there isn't any rule that specifically says they can't have more than one active. I'm not sure if it is clarified anywhere or not, other than the language used always seems to be singular. I can't currently think of any npc warlock with more than one elemental anywhere, though that isn't always a good indicator either.
Last edited by Kraynic on Sun May 15, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Any other flame friends that get summoned get super jealous of the first one and dont obey the warlock. They just retaught with some ***** comment like "get your BFFF to do it..."
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, there are spells like Dancing Fires which summon different numbers of flame creatures so maybe Flame Friend is supposed to only be one. Still, there is no limit suggested and I have to think something like Wall of Ice could be cast several times.

-Vek
"Maybe it should be Flame Friends(s)?"
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

One per casting is the traditional. Warlocks are powerful summoners; around level 4, all of them get some sort of spell-summoned minor elementals. Earth warlock's don't get the Mud Mound until level 5, but they can animate plants at 3, and objects at 4... not as good as an elemental fragment, because they don't have any PPE for you to tap, but, again, they'll tear you the hell up.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Unread post by kiralon »

Warlocks can summon elementals innately as well, and there is a note in the second ed book about summoning them magically, but as a greater elemental can summon 4d6 minor elementals 4 times a day i would say each casting gets you 1.
I have also played that using the ritual summons a particular elemental, and if it is already doing your bidding somewhere else, the ritual will return it to you.
If it dies you are a very naughty boy.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”