Which way to the canals? (Book 2: The Old Ones: Adventure)

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

socom242
Wanderer

Which way to the canals? (Book 2: The Old Ones: Adventure)

Unread post by socom242 »

Hello, all

I'm currently working on running the adventure based on the Forest of Enchantment/The Valley/Place of Magic. I'm able to track the progress into each area on the map, but I'm puzzled where you need to go towards the Canals, which are the entryway into the Old One's complex in the adventure.

According to the "Place of Magic" map on pg 174 of The Old Ones, up north past #35 on the map, it looks like there's a trail going up past 1475 feet and 1692 feet and beyond. I'm thinking of saying the Dwarven Complex that sits atop of the Old Ones Complex is further up that mountain trail, and place the open area of the Canals (described in pg 182 "Entry to the Ruins")

I'm a bit of a stickler for details, but I'm sure that'll be fine. I'm just checking if there's a passage written in the book with more detail.

Thank you!
~SOCOM242
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Which way to the canals? (Book 2: The Old Ones: Adventur

Unread post by kiralon »

#31, there isn't a point picked out specifically so i just used the point marking the ancient ruins, the upper trail i believe was just another way into the place from up the mountain im pretty sure.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re: Which way to the canals? (Book 2: The Old Ones: Adventur

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I GM'd this - I had that North East trail lead to the main entrance to the PoM. IIRC the complex itself has the first two levels already been uncovered and researched considerably (so much that they're not mapped) and there is the entrance to the canals from them but no one comes back from the canals so it's all unknown. IIRC I had a couple of guards in front of the entrance that acted like tourist attraction ushers.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”