Post Your Bio-Weapons.

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

Re: Post Your Bio-Weapons.

Unread post by abe »

Alligator beartraps that only attack the machine and gain nutrients from the ground that they are planted in?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

abe wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:depends what you mean by stun.

it's hard to imagine a light so bright it would "stun" the machines (which likely don't have the same vulnerability to excessive stimulus as humans) without, say, vaporising everything nearby.

on the other hand, overwhelming their visual sensory apparatus and forcing them to rely on most likely less precise senses sounds like something you could definitely pull off against most machines.. theoretically. i mean, they need photoreceptors of some sort to see, and it's not hard to believe those photoreceptors would be vulnerable to bright lights.

can't recall if the machine has polarized optics by default or not, but anything that doesn't could presumably be blinded for at least a while (considering the machine's proficiency in nanotechnology and ability to recover from other disabling effects, i figure they've got to have some built-in basic repair systems, the limitations of which are pre-emptively factored into their MDC and such).

Sorry, I meant for the effect of the flash -bulb bio-technology to be blinding the machine.

3 years late, but it could be a sequence of flashing lights in a variety of spectrum, to make the polarized optics fail, effectively blinding for a melee round as it adjusts.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Rust guns: to destroy the machines minions!
Perquisite:bio slug thrower, squirt gun?(not sure if that’s been done yet myself)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

abe wrote:Rust guns: to destroy the machines minions!
Perquisite:bio slug thrower, squirt gun?(not sure if that’s been done yet myself)

Abe, this assumes NEXUS hasn't heard of rust-proofing, or is building in corrodible ferrous metals, rather than composites and rustproof alloys.
Much more effective and faster corrosive rust-like effects are handled quite effectively already by Acid Blood, Acid Nodules and Spore Dischargers covered in the Splicers Rule Book.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Splicers®”