Something I am toying with in the Splicer game

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DarkTidings

Something I am toying with in the Splicer game

Unread post by DarkTidings »

Instead of using Houses I changed it to the social/political concept from the tv series Andromeda. I think using the Neitchin(SP) concept has a lot of possibility. It gives the right flavor to the struggle to survive as well as the struggle between the factions.

AM interested in hearing everyones thoughts on this.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

:ok:

it would be easier to just make the Houses like Neitizian Prides though...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
DarkTidings

Unread post by DarkTidings »

Thats what I meant TechnoGothic I apoligies for being unclear. =)
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Wow! Kick ass idea! Uh... what are the Neitizian Prides?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Daniel Stoker wrote:Wow! Kick ass idea! Uh... what are the Neitizian Prides?

Daniel Stoker

i know i miss-spelled it.

The guy who wrote that book...."Man or Superman"
His stuff is about the Strongest will surive. Very Dark ideas of ways to life.

TYR from Andromeda is a member of a Sub-race of human who follow his teachings.
They are Surviviors pure and simple...

Each of their Prides *Clans* have a slighly different way of lifing up their believes.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Daniel Stoker
Knight

TechnoGothic wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Each of their Prides *Clans* have a slighly different way of lifing up their believes.

Actually I've never even seen a show so I didn't even know you had misspelled it. :p

Daniel Stoker
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Daniel Stoker wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Actually I've never even seen a show so I didn't even know you had misspelled it. :p

Daniel Stoker
Nietzesche-ans (or Nietzescheans). Almost ALL of these Genetically Enhanced Humans wish Slavery/Domination of almost EVERYONE else in the "Andromeda" Universe. Based roughly on the Nietzschean (??) woek "Man or Superman." Almost all of them are Aberrant evil in the sense that if they give you their word, they'll honor it......but typically, they almost NEVER give their word to non-Nietzscheans.... Otherwise do whatever it takes to ensure the survival/advancement of their own Pride (House); the Miscreant or Diabolic Nietzscheans (of which there are relatively few) care only about their own Survival, with even their Pride coming in a distant second....
Greatly respects and admires any who can best them in combat and/or strategy; such opponents are often considered as 'equals' (because that individual is considered the 'strongest'), or in some rare cases, even considered superior! Of course, to the Nietzschean, that respected individual had better continue to 'prove his worth' afterward by thwarting the Nietzschean's attempts to stab him in the back at the earliest opportunity and take his job..............
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Rabidredneck
D-Bee

Unread post by Rabidredneck »

At a Sci-Fi convention, someone compared Klingons to Nietzescheans.

A Klingon will get up early, say goodbye to his wife and kids, and go meet his deadliest rival on the battlefield and settle their differences one-on-one.

A Nietzeschean will meet the guy who doesn't yet know he's his deadliest rival, have a drink with him, slip him a super-deadly neurotoxin that won't take effect until hours later, go home, make love to his wife while his rival dies horribly miles away.
That which does not kill me...is DEAD when I'm through with it!
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Conversion sense... tingling...
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Yeah, this is a cool idea and all, but keep it more towards an overall concept. If you like aspects of the Nietzeschean's cultural identity, use them, but create something new from that. Add twists that make them interesting.
Daniel Stoker
Knight

cornholio wrote:Nietzesche-ans (or Nietzescheans). Almost ALL of these Genetically Enhanced Humans wish Slavery/Domination of almost EVERYONE else in the "Andromeda" Universe. Based roughly on the Nietzschean (??) woek "Man or Superman." Almost all of them are Aberrant evil in the sense that if they give you their word, they'll honor it......but typically, they almost NEVER give their word to non-Nietzscheans.... Otherwise do whatever it takes to ensure the survival/advancement of their own Pride (House); the Miscreant or Diabolic Nietzscheans (of which there are relatively few) care only about their own Survival, with even their Pride coming in a distant second....
Greatly respects and admires any who can best them in combat and/or strategy; such opponents are often considered as 'equals' (because that individual is considered the 'strongest'), or in some rare cases, even considered superior! Of course, to the Nietzschean, that respected individual had better continue to 'prove his worth' afterward by thwarting the Nietzschean's attempts to stab him in the back at the earliest opportunity and take his job..............

Ahh, sounds like Khan and his Eugenic warriors from Rodenbury's Star Trek days given a chance to have their own world.

Daniel Stoker
TechnoGothic
Knight

Daniel Stoker wrote:
Ahh, sounds like Khan and his Eugenic warriors from Rodenbury's Star Trek days given a chance to have their own world.

Daniel Stoker

Which is exactly where they were based from...
Same guys, just taken even more into superhuman-ness...
Genetic Siged Nanites in their blood to help out ;)
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

It should be said in the Nietzescheans' defense....They love their children...The post-Fall neo-barbarian Nietzescheans aside, ideally, if a Nietzeschean feels that your cause has the best chance of insuring the continued prosperity of his bloodline, he'll go to insane lengths(provided that the payoff is sufficiently great to him and allows him ample opportunity to have lots of kids) to support that cause...If that means lending his advice or his labor to a greater political entity that will, in turn, leave him and his alone to continue breeding and expanding, he'll wear that power's banner with pride...THe problem is finding a political entity with the sort of power and stability to earn and keep a Nietzeschean's self-serving respect for any significant length of time....

For their own part, Nietzescheans simply regard the universe as a beautiful place that wants very much to kill you dead, requiring one to bite it back. At the same time that they claw and scrape for survival, they appreciate the savage beauty of it all...BLake's 'TYger, Tyger, Burning Bright." would appeal to a Nietzeschean, as well as the phrase "Nature, Red in Tooth and Claw".....THe more enlightened Nietzescheans see themselves as warrior-philosophers, the ones best equipped to appreciate and pass judgement on the cosmos because they have met it head-on, on its own terms, rather than those who sit back and construct climate-controlled environments, create artificial societies with artifical and unrealistic laws, and then ***** and moan about how unfairly the universe treats them...

Unfortunately(or is it fortunately), such enlightened Nietzescheans are few and far between, as their pack-oriented society leaves little time for much philosophical introspection(older Nietzescheans are too busy defending what they've already got, while younger ones are maneuvering to take it away from them and advance their own position...)

All this boils down to enlightened Nietzeschean philosophy 101: "Me First, You Maybe, Evil Doesn't Exist if It Helps My Cause, and This Statuette is Really Beautiful and it Makes a Great Club, Too."

I could EASILY see a Splicer House taking a similar philosophy with regards to survival...."Sure we're civilized, but you gotta understand, civilization doesn't do us much good if we're all killed...So, what's in it for us supporting your cause...Nothing? Real risk? NO payffs? OKay...HOw about we just rob you and take all your equipment, then kill you to stop from talking? No? Oh, I'm sorry, my mistake...you see, that was a rhetorical question...You really have no choice in the matter...Terribly sorry about this. "
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Daniel Stoker wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Actually, Khan and his Augments wanted OUR world...no point in being superior if you can't lord it over everyone else....THey were still very much in rapture with the history of their 'inferiors' which told them that great and aggressive people should dominate everyone else...

No glory in saying: "I, a genetically engineered superman, am able to stand on this lifeless rock and proclaim my prosperity, having wrenched water from dry stone, turned wasteland into fertile fields, defeated vicious alien microbes, raised a home against a crushing heavy gravity field and 200-MPH sand storms and horizontal rainstorms like a strafing attack, defeated ignorance and arrogance, kept the love of a good woman, and survived my children becoming teenagers! Hear Me Roar!"

as opposed to saying...

"Kneel before Zod!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------