Whats your Fav *thing* from Splicers ??

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

Whats your Fav *thing* from Splicers ??

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Well, what OCC, or whatever is YOUR fav and why ??

lol

How would a Riathenor stand against the Human Forces ??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Mike Taylor

Unread post by Mike Taylor »

Somebody's been watching Westworld again, haven't they?

One of the ideas I like is that humanity's reliance on its old inorganic technology has been almost completely tossed out, with only the Technojackers being able to use it. Most everything it uses has to be either genetically engineered or made from nonmetallic materials. This has forced some interesting innovation and development on human society.

Now, as far as a specific class, object, or creature. I'd have to say that I LOVE the War Mounts. The Leviathans remind me of Rampage, from Transformers: Beast Wars. The Dracos are my favorites of the ones in the main book, though. Nothing says "badass" like riding a three-headed dragon into battle.
Mike Taylor

Rampage was the massive Predacon crab that was always mixing it up with Depth Charge, the Manta Ray. They ended up killing each other, I believe.
Mike Taylor

Hmm... Depth Charge gives me an idea for a War Mount....
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

In terms of the setting, I like that the organization of the resistance is in various and often antagonistic Houses. That Dune-like element goes a long way in my book.

Regarding mechanics, the much improved combat rules and use of BIO-E are also excellent aspects of Splicers.
TechnoGothic
Knight

sweet

speaking of Beast Wars...

Megatron the Dragon, that would be nice.

Dinobot huh...Transmetal 2 Dinobot was awesome though. His robot form rocked with those big *** blades for fingers >evil grin <
Beast Wars season 1-3 are on DVD now btw...

---------

Splicers...i'll have to see what i like the most. as you all know.

Is their anything like a Bio-Borg in the game...a few of my players i know will want something like that, permenant enhancements.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I have to say my favorite part of the game is just how 'inhuman' the humans and their minions look. If the Splice forces ever found Rifts earth they would be immediatly attacked by the Coalition as inhuman monsters.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

I suppose my favorite thing in general is that it is a "hard SF" sort of setting (though certain parallels can be drawn from comic books and anime as well). That and the fact that you can talk about poop guns and turd rockets and be deadly serious. :D

Favorite O.C.C. so far: Outrider. What can I say, I'm more attracted to the War Mounts than the Host Armors.

Favorite Bio-Tech creation: The Behemoth War Mount. It very much reminds me of a living MAC II Destroid from Robotech.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
TechnoGothic
Knight

Tinker Dragoon wrote:I suppose my favorite thing in general is that it is a "hard SF" sort of setting (though certain parallels can be drawn from comic books and anime as well). That and the fact that you can talk about poop guns and turd rockets and be deadly serious. :D .

So true...
Favorite O.C.C. so far: Outrider. What can I say, I'm more attracted to the War Mounts than the Host Armors.

Favorite Bio-Tech creation: The Behemoth War Mount. It very much reminds me of a living MAC II Destroid from Robotech.

MAC II-like WOW...ummm i know a player or two who will like that too.

Are the War Mounts more like Robot-Vehicles then ??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Basically yes, though some are more intelligent and personable than others. They fill the same niche in the game that robot vehicles and mecha do in other Palladium games, just as the Host Armor takes the place of Power Armor, but as living and sometimes intelligent beings they have additional special considerations and gameplay opportunities to them.

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

My fav Splicer..thing are the packmasters - gore hounds kick ass!!

I think Skin jobs are cool too

it all rawks to be fair.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

My fav thing...is no Glitter Boys, no SAMAS or versions of them.

Or is the pages of 'built your own armor suit', so I do not have to this (fill in blank) stock suit of armor.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
TechnoGothic
Knight

i wouldnt mind a few good flying armor mind you ;)
something like a Japan Banshee or the others with wings...
Anything like that in the books ??
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

TechnoGothic wrote:i wouldnt mind a few good flying armor mind you ;)

You actually have an OOC that gets wings for their suit and can fly. ;)

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Mike Taylor

Tinker Dragoon wrote:Favorite Bio-Tech creation: The Behemoth War Mount. It very much reminds me of a living MAC II Destroid from Robotech.

It looks like a semi knock-off of one of the Techno Spawn action figures (Gray Thunder) by McFarlane.

http://www.toywebb.net/prod1747.htm
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Mike Taylor wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:Favorite Bio-Tech creation: The Behemoth War Mount. It very much reminds me of a living MAC II Destroid from Robotech.

It looks like a semi knock-off of one of the Techno Spawn action figures (Gray Thunder) by McFarlane.

:quiet: Don't say that, or they'll have to change the name to Splicebane :D

Mike Taylor

Maybe that is how they see themselves? The Machine is insane after all.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Daniel Stoker wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:i wouldnt mind a few good flying armor mind you ;)

You actually have an OOC that gets wings for their suit and can fly. ;)

Daniel Stoker

good good good
one of my players loves Flying stuff.
He also loves things with Fire too...

In Rifts his is in love with the SA2 - Solar Combat Armor. He has Nevr used his arm gun though, just the Plasma Projectors since they have Unlimited ammo.

Hehehe, guyver-ish huh, that cool.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

My fav thing is that it isnt connect to the Rifts story line. It doesnt need to be. I like Rifts and all, but I like how Splicers is on its own, a fully functioning separate RPG
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
maasenstodt
Adventurer

The Deific NMI wrote:My fav thing is that it isnt connect to the Rifts story line. It doesnt need to be. I like Rifts and all, but I like how Splicers is on its own, a fully functioning separate RPG

Here, here! :)
TechnoGothic
Knight

true NMI...

its like Wormwood in that regard.

But it just so tempting to mesh them in your head at least for giggles.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

maasenstodt
Adventurer

TechnoGothic wrote:true NMI...

Interestingly, despite Rifts being the game that I ran my longest running campaign in, I had never considered combining Splicers with Rifts. To be honest, the idea of doing so seems quite distasteful to me. To each his own... :P
Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

Mike Taylor wrote:

Turnabout is fair play, I suppose. :demon:
Stormseed
Explorer

maasenstodt wrote:

Interestingly, despite Rifts being the game that I ran my longest running campaign in, I had never considered combining Splicers with Rifts. To be honest, the idea of doing so seems quite distasteful to me. To each his own... :P

I had an idea (the post should still be here, btw) that the Splicer world is in the same dimension as Rifts Earth. If I ever GM, it would be a colony world of Earth, but with the coming of the Rifts, got cut off from the homeworld; it does explain why no cavalry ever showed up from elsewhere, IMO.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Stormseed wrote:
maasenstodt wrote:

I had an idea (the post should still be here, btw) that the Splicer world is in the same dimension as Rifts Earth. If I ever GM, it would be a colony world of Earth, but with the coming of the Rifts, got cut off from the homeworld; it does explain why no cavalry ever showed up from elsewhere, IMO.

good idea...
in mutants in orbit, they did mention a Ship sent out of solar system right before the rifts happened...noone has heard from it since btw...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Stormseed
Explorer

TechnoGothic wrote:
Stormseed wrote:
maasenstodt wrote:

good idea...
in mutants in orbit, they did mention a Ship sent out of solar system right before the rifts happened...noone has heard from it since btw...

Yeah, in my games, it will be 109 PA, just like in Rifts. The colony gets set up in a nearby star system, but a few decades into it, all contact with Earth stops, and the colonists have to go on their own from then on.

Return to “Splicers®”