OCC proposition

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Quantum07
Explorer

OCC proposition

Unread post by Quantum07 »

Kind of a house rules, kind of a thing I have been thinking on, especially since seeing the Dreadnaught.

Multiclassing with similar classes seems weird and clunky in the system. So, to supplement just starting as any of the OCCs presented, when changing classes we could do more of a learning package.

Basically, moving from being a Roughneck to a Sweeper? Cool, have some Demo skills. Already got them? Here, have a bonus for the extra training.

Roughneck to Dreadguard? Here, some skill bonuses.

But the general thing is, you don't lose your level. Palladium system is super clunky as is for it, this kind of streamlines the changing process. Opinion? Would people like this more fleshed out?

I know for my house, everyone starts with Proto Host Armor as a Roughneck, before going into a specialized Host Armor class. Outsiders, those not born into the House, start as the non-Host Armor classes, the exception being Deliverymen.
Slight001
Hero

Re: OCC proposition

Unread post by Slight001 »

Palladium O.C.C.'s are just clunky in general. That said I'm sure some would like the material being written up.

Me, I've largely gotten in the habit of ignoring the O.C.C. system in general and when I feel the need to create a rpg style stat/skill block I just largely create the O.C.C. as needed, aided by a system I had started working on almost two decades ago that is still limited to its original notebooks. Of course I'm creating characters for stories not trying to run a game and having to juggle the personalities of the players with my own expectations.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Multiclassing in palladium makes me sad. Thinking about it right now honestly hurts my brain. Though to be fair everything palladium is clunky as hell, and i think its kind of charming. The carpal tunnel syndrome i have from writing house rules really only acts up in the cold, and i live in florida so its nbd.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I agree multi classing in the system is really awkward. Could be done but would need alot of work for splicers.

Return to “Splicers®”