Thank You!!!!!!

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Thank You!!!!!!

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

I've been quietly sulking, waiting, fuming about Palladium not giving us a REAL BOOK for SPLICERS! Instead, just getting stuff ripped into sections and printed in Rifters. Not that Rifters are "bad", just that Splicers DESERVED another BOOK! Thank You Chuck, Chris, Lance and Whoever else stuck in there for the Spliceheads! THANK YOU!!!!

I can now Gladly Give My $$$ to Palladium AGAIN! (I've been on a boycott for a while now)
YIPPIE!!!
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
kaid
Knight

Re: Thank You!!!!!!

Unread post by kaid »

Just got mine damn this thing is big. I knew it had to be pretty big with all the stuff from the rifters and some extra stuff but it is a BIG juicy source book. If you like the splice pick this up has all the nice artwork and goodies all in one delicious package with a great cover.
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

While I've been away on boycott, I did not get the "I am Legion" series in the Rifters. I am a bit disappointed that it is mostly a reprint, but still happy that I HAVE A REAL SPLICERS BOOK IN MY HANDS!!!!!! Please Palladium: Print more Splicers!!!! Keep taking my money, print more Splicers! The Splice Must Flow!!!!!!
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Thank you... so.... MUCH for coming out of the bastian and supporting!!! We are extremely thrilled for Splicers and I Am Legion!

Riftjunkie, your comments mirror multiple Splicers fans that I've spoken with that were or are discouraged about the long wait for Splicers products. Hopefully with the nice support that I Am Legion is getting and with what is in the pipeline now, we will see more Splicers products released. I AM Legion is only a fragment of what Slappy and I have compiled. Plus Galactus Kid, Guy LeDouche, Krispy and GK's brother have turned in (2) scripts that I will be eager to see released. This is not to mention several special projects I'm chomping on for this wonderful setting. So lets keep the momentum flowing!!!!
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Premier wrote:Thank you... so.... MUCH for coming out of the bastian and supporting!!! We are extremely thrilled for Splicers and I Am Legion!

Riftjunkie, your comments mirror multiple Splicers fans that I've spoken with that were or are discouraged about the long wait for Splicers products. Hopefully with the nice support that I Am Legion is getting and with what is in the pipeline now, we will see more Splicers products released. I AM Legion is only a fragment of what Slappy and I have compiled. Plus Galactus Kid, Guy LeDouche, Krispy and GK's brother have turned in (2) scripts that I will be eager to see released. This is not to mention several special projects I'm chomping on for this wonderful setting. So lets keep the momentum flowing!!!!

At the risk of sounding like a Fanboy, I seriously love the work you guys are doing for Splicers! I've enjoyed what gets put here on the Forums and put into Rifters all in the hopes that the Splice will Flow! I would love to know what/how much support is needed for Splicers to make a comeback of sorts. I can pledge to buy any Splicers stuff that comes out (but not Rifters). I know I'm not supposed to bash PB on these Forums and I'm not trying to do that, but I believe all the chopping up and piecemealing Splicer stuff into Rifters is a cheap lazy way to edit/publish good works. Granted, I am no editor or publisher so that last comment isn't really qualified. It seems that from the beginning, there were manuscripts on the desk and nothing happened. Splicers didn't take off the greatest at the start. I am/was part of that problem, because what I saw and read in PB's promo didn't do anything to draw me in. I received a copy in a X-mas Surprise Package, and it still sat for 3 months before I opened it and read it. The setting is Incredible! What would it take to get a "Re-Launch" of Splicers? Without a "reboot" and/or "repackaging", I fear Splicers will merely continue to fade away. I do NOT want that to happen!
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Premier wrote:Plus Galactus Kid, Guy LeDouche, Krispy and GK's brother have turned in (2) scripts that I will be eager to see released. This is not to mention several special projects I'm chomping on for this wonderful setting. So lets keep the momentum flowing!!!!

Fingers crossed they see the light of day. I'm really hoping this is the beginning of a renewal. I've got two manuscripts sitting here as we speak.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Finally bought my copy. I'd only seen the Legion stuff from Rifter 71-72, I'd fallen behind. I'm about halfway through it and this book is amazing as sourcebooks go. The artwork is easily some of the best I've seen from Palladium. My only gripe is the adventure reads more like someone wanted to write a Splicers novel, was told no, and turned their story idea into a sourcebook instead. I could easily see my group going off in different directions than the intended storyline. But I'm truly enjoying reading it and wish we could get a novel for it.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

LostOne wrote:Finally bought my copy. I'd only seen the Legion stuff from Rifter 71-72, I'd fallen behind. I'm about halfway through it and this book is amazing as sourcebooks go. The artwork is easily some of the best I've seen from Palladium. My only gripe is the adventure reads more like someone wanted to write a Splicers novel, was told no, and turned their story idea into a sourcebook instead. I could easily see my group going off in different directions than the intended storyline. But I'm truly enjoying reading it and wish we could get a novel for it.

Then let them,,,,you have the information to do things now. A nice hidden prototype production center (you just need someone who has some form of clearance to get you in) lots of new toys, NPC’s to guide/help when needed....heck......you can have Legion make some guest appearances before you introduce the adventure.

So many possibilities.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

TagsPB wrote:
LostOne wrote:Finally bought my copy. I'd only seen the Legion stuff from Rifter 71-72, I'd fallen behind. I'm about halfway through it and this book is amazing as sourcebooks go. The artwork is easily some of the best I've seen from Palladium. My only gripe is the adventure reads more like someone wanted to write a Splicers novel, was told no, and turned their story idea into a sourcebook instead. I could easily see my group going off in different directions than the intended storyline. But I'm truly enjoying reading it and wish we could get a novel for it.

Then let them,,,,you have the information to do things now. A nice hidden prototype production center (you just need someone who has some form of clearance to get you in) lots of new toys, NPC’s to guide/help when needed....heck......you can have Legion make some guest appearances before you introduce the adventure.

So many possibilities.

Oh I agree. It's just written far more rail-roady than I'm used to I guess.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Hi Lost One,

Thank you so... much for the incredible compliments and support!!! Glad you are catching up with Legion and supporting Splicers as a whole. Doing the art for the adventure was a pleasure and an honor as Spliceheads are IMHO, the BEST Gaming community there is and deserve so much more.

As to the adventure being like a novel, I totally understand. I felt that the adventure unfolded very much like a cinematic story and was always thrilled to read the next chapter when I got it from Chris "Slappy" Kluge. The funny thing is this adventure sourcebook was not originally meant to be this big. We simply discussed ideas of how the machine could be conducted and wanted to create something that would help paint the picture to fellow Spliceheads how the N.E.X.U.S. personalities could be role-played by GMs and NOT as if the Machine was some Skynet copycat. We wanted to demonstrate that the machine could get very interactive with players the further a campaign developed. The more influential, effective and bigger the impact the players are, the more they begin to catch the attention of different machine personalities whose plans they have either foiled or interrupted. Each personality would conduct themselves differently making encounters with the machine very unique from other AI controlled post apocalyptic scenarios. Legion was to give players an example of such interactions.

The adventure and source material to support it just kept growing as we wanted to create a memorable personality that was different from the pre-existing personalities. IF Legion acts like this, then how crazy, obsessed, calculating, creative or forgiving, might the other personalities be? What unique objectives and secret plans or new concepts could they be developing and doing? We wanted to stimulate the setting by setting forth a solid example. We wanted the adventure to also be useable for new and seasoned Gamers, and wanted to seed in quality NPCs that the players cared about and could be "reasonably" influenced by. We wanted NPCs including the Legion personality to be fun for GMs who are conducting the game so that they also get to enjoy the adventure as they conduct it for the players.

But I don't want to give away everything, but as you continue to read you will see that there is plenty of adventure arc branches that you can take with the Legion adventure to expand your campaign and or creating new paths. We encourage creativity and role-playing is never in my mind about staying on the railroad tracks.
By all means if you decide to conduct or add the "I Am Legion" experience to your group, please post and keep us updated with how they handle things and what unfolds.

As to a novel, whew, I would have to ask Slappy about that one as I would be the first to buy the first 5 copies though.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

Premier wrote:As to a novel, whew, I would have to ask Slappy about that one as I would be the first to buy the first 5 copies though.

I enjoyed the Rifts novels about the coalition troops. But those aren't the characters I'd have picked for a Rifts novel. The CS are always badguys in every game I've ever played. :)

I'd love for some solid Splicer novels or Rifts about a ragtag band of Tolkeen adventurers who fought in the siege and are now picking up the pieces of their lives after barely escaping and uncover new conspiracies or whatnot. Even some good Nightbane novels would be excellent.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

RiftJunkie wrote:
Premier wrote:Thank you... so.... MUCH for coming out of the bastian and supporting!!! We are extremely thrilled for Splicers and I Am Legion!

At the risk of sounding like a Fanboy, I seriously love the work you guys are doing for Splicers! I've enjoyed what gets put here on the Forums and put into Rifters all in the hopes that the Splice will Flow! I would love to know what/how much support is needed for Splicers to make a comeback of sorts. I can pledge to buy any Splicers stuff that comes out (but not Rifters). I know I'm not supposed to bash PB on these Forums and I'm not trying to do that, but I believe all the chopping up and piecemealing Splicer stuff into Rifters is a cheap lazy way to edit/publish good works. Granted, I am no editor or publisher so that last comment isn't really qualified. It seems that from the beginning, there were manuscripts on the desk and nothing happened. Splicers didn't take off the greatest at the start. I am/was part of that problem, because what I saw and read in PB's promo didn't do anything to draw me in. I received a copy in a X-mas Surprise Package, and it still sat for 3 months before I opened it and read it. The setting is Incredible! What would it take to get a "Re-Launch" of Splicers? Without a "reboot" and/or "repackaging", I fear Splicers will merely continue to fade away. I do NOT want that to happen!

Thank you kindly for such incredible, humbling words and support. Splicers is very dear to me and this community is simply the best! So glad you got a copy in your Christmas Grab Bag to be infected with the Splice!!!! Like many Splicehads, I feel Splicers is one of the most slept on RPGs that Palladium has and that indeed it needs a reboot. I hope that the interests that is garnered with I Am legion demonstrates that Splicers warrants more product support.
I've plans to do just that and relaunch Splicers with a New revised core RPG book called SPLICERS RPG Evolved Edition plus 3 additional source books:

Splicers: Arms Race World Book 1
Splicers: The Preserves Bestiary Volume 1
Splicers: Biotic Rebellion Sourcebook

...to help with the relaunch.

That, not including the 2 sourcebook that were turned in by Galactus Kid, Guy LeDouche, Krispy and Michael Orr.

Splicers: Genetic Expressions Sourcebook
Splicers: Blood and Iron Sourcebook

All together this would be (6) new titles to help relaunch and support the Splicers game.
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

That would be awesome!
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Premier wrote:
RiftJunkie wrote:

Thank you kindly for such incredible, humbling words and support. Splicers is very dear to me and this community is simply the best! So glad you got a copy in your Christmas Grab Bag to be infected with the Splice!!!! Like many Splicehads, I feel Splicers is one of the most slept on RPGs that Palladium has and that indeed it needs a reboot. I hope that the interests that is garnered with I Am legion demonstrates that Splicers warrants more product support.
I've plans to do just that and relaunch Splicers with a New revised core RPG book called SPLICERS RPG Evolved Edition plus 3 additional source books:

That, not including the 2 sourcebook that were turned in by Galactus Kid, Guy LeDouche, Krispy and Michael Orr.

All together this would be (6) new titles to help relaunch and support the Splicers game.

If this comes to pass, count this as a pre-order for each!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

RiftJunkie wrote:
Premier wrote:
RiftJunkie wrote:

If this comes to pass, count this as a pre-order for each!

Add my pre-order to the list. I never get to play Splicers but I love reading the books and the artwork is always outstanding.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

well, finally had a bit of spare money to put into this. looking forward to it, and thanks not only for the work in getting this book submitted, but for all you guys did to get this finally into the pipeline :)

i'm sure i don't fully realize how much it must have taken to get from manuscript to published book, but given how many other products haven't made the transition, i'm sure there was lots... so thank you :)

Return to “Splicers®”