So I'm searching for an OCC that was posted

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

So I'm searching for an OCC that was posted

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Long story short, I feel dumb. I created the Arbiter OCC a while back and posted it to the boards. I can't find it, the search function isnt working right now, and the computer it's stored on is very, very dead. Did anyone happen to save it back in the day or anything? short description is I made it to fill the niche of long term deployment. it could sustain a scarecrow and a small amount of equipment in the field and initiate mutations if someone leveled up so they wouldn't have to go back to the house. minor mdc, low splicer strength. sound familiar? anybody got a copy?
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
abtex
Champion

Re: So I'm searching for an OCC that was posted

Unread post by abtex »

I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Here it is.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:The Arbiter O.C.C.

It started as a rash, then the affected area turned grey. Monead thought he was rotting alive. he knew that he couldn't have gotten away from combat with that Epitaph unscathed. He used to be so sure that Saints were immune, everyone was, but now they all knew better. Just when he thought it was going to end, he'd turn into a Heretic or preferably die, His tentacles fell off. All six just popped off in a matter of hours, and then he felt....different. He started to feel stronger, smarter, better. He was not the only one. Finally, 4 months later, no more accidental infections were reported. Unfortunately, some neo-Saints had infected non-Saints. The fact that they turned into Advanced Biotics was intriguing to the Librarians and Engineers, who decided to look in to this aberration. What they found wasn't a Librarian, Engineer, Biotic or even an Epitaph, it was some perverse combination caused by a retro-viris from that Epitaph. The virus, which normally turns you into a biotic, had infected the one Saint whose symbiote hadn't yet decided which Sym-pool it would become. Due to the "looseness" caused by its fluctuating genetic structure, the Bio-X virus had just enough room to get in where it would normally fail. After it had changed the genetic structure to where the host had the most use of all its possible latent abilities, it had mutated also. It was unable to change its structure and so, when it passed to the next host, it changed the next host to be like the first. The original was asked to name what was now a new race. He decided on the alias of the Epitaph who infected him, The Arbiter.

Arbiters look quite a bit like Humans. Well, if humans had dead-grey skin with purplish-black veins crisscrossing their bodies. Not to mention the foot-and-a-half long scythe-like blades in a retractable housing along your forearms. Furthermore, it certainly doesn't help your appearance that your limbs get progressively dark the farther they get from your trunk, nearly turning black past the elbow and knee. Hey, at least you don't have tentacles anymore, thats got to count for something...right?
Arbiters typically look a lot like their original Hosts, though aside from the previously mentioned changes their hair is usually white, grey, or silver. While Arbiters appear alien, they were all Saints once, and tend to have similar, if not the same, outlook and attitude concerning most things. This has generally helped the masses adjust and accept them.(recently discovered by some, Arbiters brains are altered in the process of the Mutation and, due to a somewhat alien way of thinking, they just don't identify with ethics and morals the same way humans do, thus aberrant alignments are possible.)

Note on Stats: Do not add any Attribute bonuses acquired by the IQ bonus, the bonus is meant to represent an increase in data storage and processing abilities, such as which protein strains cause what mutations, as opposed to raw intellect(ie if IQ is increased from 18 to 24 don't and the extra 6% to skills). Also, a strong local analgesic coating the blades has remarkable effects on the battlefield, namely that the deepest cuts barely even sting. Since organic opponents don't feel any significant pain, they don't tend to realize just how gravely they are injured. This leads to many warriors underestimating Arbiters, overestimating their combat capabilities, and bleeding out before they know what happened. Even if you see the blood running down your arm, you don't make much of a wound that doesn't hurt. And besides, Arbiters aren't front line combatants, they can't be that dangerous can they?

Generally speaking, Arbiters make fairly good supporting characters, and add a little to in-House politics, but they most likely wont be seen as needed. Not particularly meant for PC's, but they can be pretty cool if played right, and can add a level of Roleplaying not even experienced by Marshals. This extra level comes into play on the rare occasion you may need to put down a Librarian, or when an Engineer is killed. Arbiters can help pick up the slack for a short while, before the loss becomes crippling, by taking mundane(for these beings) tasks to free-up their time to do Librarian/Engineer specific things. Furthermore, A Librarian can "scrub" an Arbiters' genetic signature out of someone's Genes. But really, why would they?

Name: Arbiter O.C.C.
Alignment: Good, Unprincipled, or Aberrant only. Something about the virus changes the chemical and physical composition of the brain to these predetermined alignments.(possibly due to the mental state of Patient Zero)
M.D.C.:3D6X10+60 M.D.C. plus P.E. at level one. Gains P.E. attribute in M.D.C. at every level starting at 2.
Attribute Requirements: IQ 10 or higher, high ME and PE are suggested, but not mandatory.
Attribute Bonuses: + 6 to IQ, + 1D4 to ME and PE, +3 to PS, +2 to PP
OCC Bonuses: Has Splicers strength, Immune to mind control,+3 to save vs disease, poisons, drugs and toxins.
Arbiter OCC Abilities:
1. Arbiter's Altered Body & M.D.C.: The Arbiter is an almost impossible combination of Engineer, Librarian, Biotic and Epitaph. It has many aspects from each, and one constant aspect is MDC flesh. The old Saint body is remade(re-roll mdc and, optionally, attributes) into an entirely new being. This aberration gives the Arbiter significantly more MDC and survivability. The Arbiter starts with 4D6X10 MDC and gains MDC equal to their PE attribute every level, starting at level one. An Arbiter regenerates at a rate of 1D6 MDC per melee round and can last 8 times longer during strenuous activity. This means most can stay awake/alert for close to 3 days without ill effects. When the transformation takes place, the Sym-Pool is reconstituted into the organs that it replaced using the genetic memory of the host. Unfortunately, or rather fortunately depending on how you look at it, this information is corrupted by the genetic code of the Sym-Pool. This invariably generates organs that have no human equivalent. One such organ replaces the adrenal glands, these new glands secrete chemicals that allow for the regeneration of limbs. Another neat little addition is an internal Bio-Comm.
2. Phoenix Bladder: This small organ takes the place of the gall bladder. It is naturally capable of generating one ounce of the Elixir of Life every week. It can, however, generate one ounce a day if necessary. This is very stressful on the body(reduce skill performance by 10% and combat bonuses by -1 per dose over 1 per week). The Elixir uses a "blank" protein in that can bond with the receptor for the personal protein of the Librarian. The "faceless" protein has a natural effect of creating resistance to the personal protein of Librarians(treat as having been through withdrawal with no penalties) although that added bonus disappears after several consistent doses from a Librarian. This Ability can be used to sustain a Scarecrow in the field, Ween him away from his Librarian, or create your own. The Arbiter has no control over his Scarecrows, other than possible gratitude, furthermore a Liberated Scarecrow has its Lifespan reduced by 1/3 and his PS by -4, PP -2, while his PB and MA increase by +3(less skeletal and irritable, after all, now they're not bound to a creature that is destined to be destroyed for its dangerous insanity). Note: At GM's discretion the fluid produced by the Phoenix Gland can be used to revive the recently dead(less than 10 minutes).
3. Sustenance and Modification: Imbedded in the forearms of the Arbiter are two long Scythe/Needle-like blades, much like those possessed by Librarians(can be used in combat, 1D8 MD plus PS). These blades are attached to two organs, one that creates Retro-Viruses, and another that generates the nutrient fluid consumed by most BioTech created by the Resistance. The Sustenance Organ, which is about the size of your thumb, can generate one ounce of fluid per day, per arm. The second organ, the Modifier, is not in the arm. It is housed in the main body and connected to the blades by veins. Being larger than the other modified organs, it can generate much more of its contents. In this case it generates specific Retro-viruses to infect and mutate others. Only one virus made by a specific Arbiter can infect/mutate an individual at one time, and one individual can only have one Arbiter's genetic signature at all(i.e. no "double dipping"). This virus can be used to evolve any biological advancement the arbiter knows(takes 1D4 days to gestate, and 1D4 to mutate during which time the weapon/feature can't be used). If desired, it can be altered into a maximizing agent, one that maximizes the genetic potential of the recipient(only 10 bonus Bio-E once per level of the recipient to Host-Armor or War-Mounts, just once for equipment 2D10+10 Bio-E for armor and 2D10 Bio-E for weapons). It can also be injected in pure form into a new host, making the pure virus is very stressful on the body, no penalties but can only be done once per month. The effect is different depending on whether it is used on a human or a Saint(Biotics and Scarecrows are immune). If used on a human, he becomes an Advanced Biotic with 3D4X10 Bio-E to use on any upgrade the Arbiter knows(most will know all known by their house, but not experimental or "new" ones, i.e. cannot create their own). When used on a Saint it creates a new Arbiter with all the genetic enhancement knowledge of its creator. (Note: As being a biotic, even an advanced one, is not a...preferred...state, this will not be done to others lightly. In fact, if the individual does not consent, it is treated as murder! PC's should not go around creating their own armies as this will get them killed. Warlord permission is advised.)
Common Skills: standard(+5)
OCC Skill Programs: Medical Doctor(+20%), Bio-Technology(+30%), Infantryman and two of choice(not including Host Pilot, War Mount Rider, and Pilot Wing Pack)
Elective Skills: select five skills at level one and two more at levels 3, 5, 8, 10 and 13.
Communications: Any(+5%)
Domestic: Any(+5%)
Espionage: Any
Medical: Any(+10%)
Military: None
Physical: Any(+10% where applicable)
Rouge: None
Science: Any(+5%)
Technical: Any
Transportation: Any, except Host Armor Combat, War Mount Combat, and Pilot Wing Pack
Wilderness Skills: Any(+10%)
W.P.'s: Any
Secondary Skills: Select five skills, and one more at levels 3, 5, 7, 10, 13, and 15
MDC Living Body Armor: Typically Dragon Scale Armor, but heavier may be worn. Arbiters are issued 3D10+35 Bio-E(Total, including their abilities) to upgrade their Armor. Additional Bio-E is received in increments of 7 per level of experience. Armor is modified to accommodate the Arbiters blades. They also usually have their old Leatherback Armor if they need it, and they have a suit of non-biological armor for backup or disguise.
Standard Equipment: 1D4+4 sets of dress clothing, 1D4-1 floor length robes/cloaks, a long coat, first aid kit, Face Wrap, hatchet, one light bio-weapon and one weapon for each W.P. with all the ammunition needed for moderate combat, A Mega-Horse for travel, tent, knapsack, saddlebags, backpack, two water skins, emergency food rations(two weeks), survival knife, and some personal items.
Money: Has 6D6x10 in precious metals, relics, or trade items, and 5D6x100 in in available credits.
The Upside: Congrats, now when those pesky Librarians go nuts you can grab their Scarecrows and put them down like sick dogs. If you and some friends work together you can even pick up most of the slack, at least until a replacement is found. The same goes for engineers, to a limited degree, and everyone, especially roughnecks, finds you invaluable when on long term or deep insertion missions, and even out in the field in general.
The Downside: Congrats, You used to be a Saint, beautiful and necessary for the survival of the Human Race. Now your just some dead looking Schmuck who can do a lot of nifty things. Things that several other beings can do much better, even if not one of them can do them all...

Note: Sustenance can be used like a slap patch, takes 5d6 minutes to take effect and heals 1d6 hp and sdc. Can live nearly indefinitely as either a carnivore, herbivore, or lithovore, but must consume all three in order to create the Subsistence Nutrient.
:mrgreen:

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

You da best
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

No problem.

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Once again, more proof that the Splicers Community is simply the Best! Great job guys!
Now lets "refresh" ourselves with the Arbiter shall we.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

We should probably also keep in mind the background material that inspired/contributed to this creation.

The Heretic
The Baron of chaos wrote:The Heretic O.C.C.(R.C.C.?)
Rupert the Unlucky did not believed his luck. Being just a Roughneck trainee he did not get the respect and fame that Dreadguards got. Let’s forget about girls, who seem to literally strip in front of those pompous arrogant jerk. Rupert thought this free day would have ended like so many others: drinking a cheap vodka at Emma’s Pub until he got too drunk to stay awake even with his armor on. But he got a nice surprise in this sexy girl, that seemed very interested in him. If he told to his brigade they wouldn’t believe him. Rupert the unlucky that got hit by a blonde wet dream like this. He himself would not believe it if he wasn’t seeing it with his own eyes. Generally he is a more traditional person, avoiding too aggressive women, preferring being him the hunter, but that girl , was not just beautiful, was gorgeous and carried a something exotic in the way she move and act.
In the bedroom , in her very clean and comfortable hut, he thanked the Engineers for the first time for having to be naked for wearing the host armor.
“I’ll wear something more appropriate for this moment cutie.. In the meanwhile do as it was your house” she said going behind a paper wall, decorated with some oriental painting.
Man, considering how he was excited, he would have problems wearing his Armor now. But why he would need to don it right now?
Suddenly the blonde dream come out wearing just a short silk nightgown that let really nothing to imagination. Rupert thought when he kissed her, was that he should have to change his nickname . Unlucky does not seem fitting him in this very moment.
……..
“I still don’t’ know your name” Rupert asked still breathless but all her attention. The girl don’t seemed fatigued at all, and this hurt a bit the little ego of Rupert.
“Oh I have many” she answered looking with interest the host armor, resting right at the bed’s feet.
“no , really, I know nothing about you” He insisted, wanting to know her and see if they could see again.
“hmmm, I’m hungry now…do you mind if I eat something?” She said still looking at the host armor
“Well no, but ….” He wasn’t able to spoke another word
In front of him that beautiful girl turned into an horror of mouths and tentacles, grabbing his host armor and devouring it in few bites
Rupert only thought was the explanation he would have to give, and not noticed the thing-girl saying
“hmm tasty, but I’m still hungry…..” and started moving toward him, grinning on twelve mounths.

The heretic are a mutation, an unwanted degeneration of the very same organism that would give birth to the Saint. How such aberration come to life is something that worry and puzzle the Engineers and Librarians alike. It was speculated that does have something to do with the organism’s host genetic flaw. Or perhaps it was something else. Whatever the reason the end result is the same , not a peaceful healer, but an egomaniacal shapechanging creature with very little regard toward humankind.
The Heretic existence is hidden from lower class and NOT tolerated, exist clear orders for these creatures to be terminated whenever they are spotted. The reason for this is obvious: Saints are one of the best example of positive aspect of the bio-technology, whose very existence bring hope for future in common people. Discovering that they can mutate in an way too often murderous monster would be a terrible strike to the yet too frail moral of the Human Resistance.
Sadly is not easy to spot them. Right after the organism implant, they look like and behave like a normal Saint, the mutation emerge only 2-3 weeks after becoming Saint, and after that then newborn Heretic are eager to learn their abilities to escape attempt to kill them. Despite the bad fame, and their peculiar diet of Splicer technology, the Heretic are not necessary enemy of humankind, just they feel no compulsion to be on their side. They like being free to do as they please , and consider the Saint stupid do-gooder that waste time helping others.
After all life is short better enjoy it as it last.

Alignment: Any, but typically Anarchist(20%), Miscreant (35%) or Unprincipled(15%)

Attribute Requirement: PE: 10 or better, MA of 15, High ME and PP are helpful but not mandatory
Attribute bonuses: +1d4 to IQ and ME, +1d6 to MA. Reduce PB by 4, in natural shape an heretic’s features are dull and skin t so transparent that one could see the morphing organs underneath. Thankfully they rarely hand around in their natural forms.
OCC Bonuses: Has Splicer Strength, + 2to save vs. mind control, +2 to save vs. poison and toxins, +10% to save vs. coma/death, +15% to impersonate people, imitate voices and disguise. HF vary. See OCC powers below.
Base S.D.C. : not applicable

Heretic O.C.C. powers
1. Heretic Altered Body and MDC: The Heretic like the Saints, possess a superhuman body, with Splicer strength and is turned into an MDC being with 1d4x10+PE, add 1d6 MDC per level of experience starting at level two. The Heretic does not have the same level of bio-regeneration , only 1d6 MDC per hour, but they can use their morphing ability to increase this(see Shapechanging), their body is almost immune to fatigue poison , fatiguing three times slower than normal, they are double jointed, and can age two times slower than normal.
2. Shapechanging: the main ability of the Heretics, the complete control over their own cellular structure, allowing them to change shapes at will, not only but they can reply all the biological enhancements , at will! Limited of course by endurance and experience. The Heretic have a pool of 2d8x10 +PE Bio-E points plus 1d8 per level of experience, that they can spend and re-absorb depending on the needs Example: they could decide to spend 170 point for a two heat cannons with Mega-upgrades in one moment and then re-absorb everything to grow wings for a quick escape moment later. In case of lost bio-e , like for organic rockets or in case of mutilation or serious damage, the bio-e could be replenished resting at the rate of 1d4 bio-e per hour or feasting upon Splicer Bio-Tech at rate of 1 Bio-E per lb of spliced-flesh eaten, 4 times as much in case of flesh and blood of Saints, Librarians or gene-pools. The Heretics could also use this ability also to increase temporary their overall Bio-E pool, never more than 3 times its base value. This additional Bio-E point cannot be Re-absorbed and any enhancement grown with them last only 1d4 melees + 1 per level of experience. The Heretic can also use this temporary Bio-E to instantly heal wounds, at rate of 2 Bio-E for 1 MDC healed, but most prefer just adopt an improved Bio-regeneration factor with their permanent pool and use additional Bio-E for weapons . It took one melee round to pass from a form to another
Additional use of Shapechanging power include:
Human mimic: assuming whatever human and humanoid shape cost only 25 Bio-E plus 1 bio-e for additional PB point They need a successful roll vs. disguise to copy an existing person HF can also be increase by 1 bio-e, if one does not increase PB at the same time
Shrinking: The heretic can reduce their own size , albeit only to a max of three feet tall(or leghtwise). This cost 30 Bio-E But is a need if they want to mimic some smaller animals
Stretching: The Heretic can stretch limbs, neck and his abdomen spending 5 bio-E per additional feet of length , for maximum of five times the normal length. Note that while double jointed the stretched part is not elastic as rubber, it still does have a skeleton.
Animals can be easily mimicked for 10 Bio-E for mammalian and 15 for reptilian and birds, but additional Bio-E should be spent for reply natural abilities like flight or heightened senses
Supernatural Strength : For 50 Bio-E that Heretic make his strength supernatural. As side effect size increase by two feet and weight increase by 100 lb, all muscle tissues
Nano Plague Immunity: Constantly changing their cellular structure the Heretic can confuse the Nanomachines enough to not trigger the Nano-plague, only problem is that is very physically taxing and cannot be maintained for too long. Cost a whooping 70 Bio-E and can be hold only for a 2 minutes plus one minute each odd level of experience
3. Genetic Digestion: The heretic sense of taste is advanced , so advanced that work like a genetic laboratory, analysing all the information correlated to the DNA. Trough feeding they can get the following informations:
- Presence of Genetic defect or Sickness 70% + 4% per level of experience
- Any sign of genetic manipulation or contact with Splicer technology 98%
- Any sign, even minimal, of use of drugs or alcohol 60% +5% per level of experience
- A clear mapping of the DNA, with info of all physical attributes , weakness and intolerance of the organism 30% +5% per level of experience
- An idea of the potential of mental attribute of organism 20% +5% per level
- Can predict the biological reaction to a given situation(fear, stress, hormonal unbalance, vomit, desire for some food and so on) 25% +3 per level of experience
4. Control Splicers: After their shape changing powers, the most feared ability of the Heretics, is their ability to control Splicers bio-tech, to some extent. This is require physical contact that allow the poisoning with special pheromones that make the bio-tech susceptible to suggestions.
Saving Throw: roll vs. 16 or better; Saints, Scarecrows roll vs. 12 while librarians and engineers are immune. Normal humans are immune, unless they are wearing an host armor. Non sentient Splicer Bio-Tech, like weapons fail automatically
Effect: the victim follow the suggestions of the Heretic, albeit must be simple suggestion and not over complicated or too much against one’s own Alignment. Bio-Weapons can be ordered to stop working, or ordered to shot at certain conditions

Common skills: Standard (+5%)
O.C.C. skill Programs: Undercover(+25%), Entertainer(+20%), Stage Magic/Trickster(+25%) plus one Skill Program of choice
Elective Skills: Select 7 Elective skills from the following list at first level, plus one additional Elective skills at levels 3,5,8,11,15. All new skills start at level one proficiency.
Communication Any
Domestic Any (+5%)
Espionage Any (+10%)
Medical Any
Military Any
Physical Any
Rogue Any (+10%)
Science Any
Technical Any
Transportation Any
Wilderness Any
W.P.s Any
Secondary Skills: The character get to select five Secondary skills at level one and one additional at level 2, 4, 8, 10 and 13. These are additional areas of knowledge starting without any special O.C.C. bonus
M.D.C. Living Body Armor: None, they tend to eat them rather to wear them but they often own a M.D.C. Light Miracle Fiber Armor

Standard Equipment: 1d4+2 set of clothes of various type , 2 hooded cloak (earth tones or camouflage pattern), survival knife, utility belt, tinted goggles, one bio-weapon of choice(see it as sort of pet that would never be eat), backpack, saddlebags, water skin, emergency food rations(two weeks supply), 2d6x100 credits worth of stolen items and object, few personal items
Money: 3d4x10 credits worth of trade items or precious metals, 1d6x100 in available credits
The Upside: Host Armors are cool, and get a lot of cool features, but you can go beyond that and get whatever bio-enhancement you need! You are not tied to a single shape and this make you a really one man army if the need arise. Or you could simply decide to hide yourself changing identity from time to time. You’ve the freedom to choose whatever pathway you want
The Downside: Your freedom is seen as danger by the Engineers and Librarians alike. The very name they had given to your kind, Heretic, is an hint of what the general feelings are about you. You’ve to live in shadows, forced to restrain your abilities, to prevent being killed by zealous Dreadguards . Is a grim life, indeed. And sometimes, watching how welcomed your “cousins” the Saints are, you feel that perhaps is true , that you are truly a monster that is not meant to be.

The Epitaph...
The Baron of chaos wrote:I found some free time to work on my Splicer ideas. Very dark ideas. :D
Epitaph O.C.C.
HASTEO ERGO SUM
An Epitaph is when an The Heretic become old enough to evolve into something else at all. In Their pure cousins, the Saint, this means becoming an engineer or librarian symbiote. Fort he heretic is worse. To say the truth only 10% of all Heretic undergoes such drastic biological evolution. Possibly they subconsciously suppress this, in order to prevent becoming this murderous monster. But no one know for sure.
The Epitaph appearance is that a quite attractive humanoid, androgynous but oddly charming, with pale white skin, and curious body marking reminding tattoos. What mark this creature in very scary way is the mass of spiky tentacles that are their "hairs". The head does indeed have distinctive medusa outlook, with dozens of long thing tentacles ending in a sharp thin spike. The epitaph retain very little of the shapechanging power of the Heretic , but they develop more and deadly powers. In few words their body become a living bacteria and virus factory, able to synthesize any form of deadly micro organism they need. Dangerous, aint it, and vicious too. Because you see, whatever humankind they had left as Heretic, disappear completely as Epitaph. In this new form they crave only for using their powers in new and often cruel for others way, they also developed and insane hatred for Engineers and Librarian and all bio-tech in general. Nothing give the Epitaph more pleasure than spreading a deadly plague into a Great House and watching all of them die vomiting out their intestines reduced to liquid from a viruses they created. Is better than sex for them.
As noted before , thank heavens, Epitaph are rare, it was theorized that in existence there less than 12 of them around. But those twelve are more than enough to menace the existence of Splicers, not only for their powers, but for what they embody: the failure of the biotech, the living proof that also the Splicer Technology that will in theory save humankind is as flawed as non bio-tech and is able to create monsters as dangerous as NEXUS. Is not surprise that the existence of Epitaph is classified material that only Warlords, Librarians, engineers and few trusted Dreadguard advisor know.

Alignment: Diabolic or Miscreant only, they have become completely sadistic inhuman monsters.
Attribute Requirements: Beng an Heretic of at least 50+ years old is the only requirements
Attribute Bonuses: +2d6 to IQ(min 20), +1d8+2 to ME and PB, but reduce MA by 2(alien and intimidating), Bonus: +2 attack per melee, + 4 to strike , + 4 to parry only when using the tentacles in combat
Epitaph O.C.C. Bonuses: Splicer PS, +4 initiative, +6 pull punch, Immune to poison, toxins, & drugs, +30% to save vs coma & death, +4 to save vs Horror Factor.
Base M.D.C: The Epitaph sturcutre change so much that almost nothing oftheir previous being is left, M.D.C. is 2d6x10+P.E.., plus 1d10 M.D.C. per level of experience, starting at level two. The Epitaph regenerative powers are the best in Splicer earth , healing 1d6+10 M.D.C. per melee round , or 1d20+30 per minute and does not fatigue at all nor need to sleep .
Epitaph powers: The Epitaph posesse some devasting powers who allow them to be the deadliest life forms around.
Bio-E Pool: Like the heretic the Epitaph posses a pool of regenerating Bio-E Points that they could use triggering their powers : Bio-E Pool is P.E.x10, regenerate completely after 24 hours or draing from other living being
Human mimic: The only one Shapechanging power left, assuming whatever human and humanoid shape cost only 25 Bio-E plus 1 bio-e for additional PB point They need a successful roll vs. disguise to copy an existing person HF can also be increase by 1 bio-e, if one does not increase PB at the same time.
Genetic Drainage: Stabbing a victing with on of their tentacles does no damage, at first, but allow them to drain all the genetic materials they need at rate of 1d6 Bio-E per hit point or 1d4 bio-E per MDC point, each drain attack count as 2 ApM and the Drain is 1d8 hit point/MDC +2 per level of experience
Bio-Factory: The Epitaph can use his Bio-E to create a series of devastating bacteria and viruses delivered with its tentacles follwiongare just the most common, GM are suggested to create their own batch, as each Epitaph have their own personal trademark batch.
Note that a saint could attempt to heal such infection, but at risk of being infected himself! In addition such healing act could result in battle of will between the saint and the Epitaph.
Pestilence: The most devastating bacteriological attack in the hand of the Epitaph, these bacteria attack any living organism, causing any sort of symptoms, is like getting all the worst sickenss of human history, skin start decaying and cover in blisters, blood vessel breaks,involutnary muscular spasm, bloody diarrhea . The good thins is that is NOT deadly, albeit you wish for death if you’re struck, and heal back with time and rest for 1d4 week for Epitaph level. Victims have no combat bonus whatsoever, speed is reduced by 2/3 and Strength is a 5 until healed, also all body weapons don’t work(the casting gun with diarreha…eeeww) Saving throw: 16 vs. poison toxins, -2 if being a product of Splicer technology. Cost: 15 Bio-E, plus 10 to make it pandemic and highly transmissible(with breath, fluid exchange …)
Rot: One of the few biological attack with inorganic in minds. These bacteria, released as a purple mist by tentacles, cause the metal and plastic to rust and weaken. Any metallic substance infected, lose 1d6x10 % of their SDC/MDC , plus in case of robots and machines their speed and reaction times are slowed and make screeching sound when moving. Oddly enough this bacteria resulted DEADLY to Techno Jackers who suffer the same effect except they lose from their SDC and Hit Points!. Saving Throw: none for metallic object, 16 for Machine’s Robots and Techno Jackers
Cost: 20 Bio-E
Fever: This Virus cause a mental instability and feverish state that make the victims susceptible to subliminal suggestion and mind control. A failed saving throw means gaining one insanity(roll on biotic table or on any Palladium books table for insanity, all core books have them) and drop ME by half. Duration: 2d4 weeks Saving Throw: 14 vs. Poison/Toxins Cost: 15 Bio-E
Cleaner: The cleaner bacteria purpose is to clean , as the name suggest, but not in the way you could think. It deteriorate dead organism at 10 times the normal speed, consume all the dirt, and make everything clean and polished. On side effect cause paralysis in Host armors and Warmounts.
Saving Throw: 14 vs. Poison/Toxins Cost: 15 Bio-E
Pro-Biotic: this batch of retro-viruses does a simple thing, turn a normal human or animal into a monstrous biotic. Dislike normal biotic their starting Bio-E depend upon how much energy the Epitaph pump into it. The Biotic so created are slavish loyal to the Epitaph who created them and will jump in nuclear fire for him. Saving Throw: 14 or better vs. poison/toxins , Biotic , Scarecrow and Saints are immune Bio-E cost: 25 Bio-E for the base biotic plus the Bio-E for further enhancements. This retro viruse can used to further mutate bio-technology, like living body armor or bio-weapons
Unifier: This grotesque Virus cause the Splicer Technology, be it weapons, host armor or small warmounts, to merge , physically and permanently with whatever organic substance. In case of host armors they painfully meld with the wearer. This is not deadly, but the victim is stuck in a monstrous form and the resulting merging cause madness and mental degeneration (reduce I.Q. By 1d4+2 per lever of the host armor) Saving throw: only if merging with sentient being 14 or better vs. poison cost: 15 Bio-E
Golgotha: aka. Burning death. The organic life forms infected turn into biological bombs, literally. Their metabolism activity increase by thousand time, granting them a significant increase in strength, speed and stamina, but is secondary comparing to what else happen to their body. It burst into flames! And will explode like true bomb in matter of hours. Victims get +2d6 PS(splicer), see their speed doubled and don’t feel nor pain or fatigue. Fall into an uncontrollable homicidal fury, the bio fire does 1d4 MDC to everything they touch. After 1d6 hours they explode doing 2d8x10 megadamage to a radius of 35 ft from them
Saving throw: 16 vs. poison/toxins, but only splicer can roll to save Cost: 20 Bio-E
Tentacles: The hair of epitaph are thin tentacles with sharp spike on edges. They are used to deliver mos tof their biological attacks, and are damn useful in combat. Damage: 1d8+ PS MegaDamage/Hit point . M.D.C of tentacles: 30+PE, regenerate completely in 1d4 minutes if severed. Number of tentacles : 8-16 Length: 12ft often coiled around the body.
Bio manipulation: Stabbing with their tentacles the Epitaph can take complete control ove rsomoen else body. As long as the tentacle is in place the Epitaph can slow, increase or completely stop any biological function be it sight, bio-weapons, movement , speech or else. The effect are not permanent(unless some bacteria or retro viruses is used). Saving throw: 14 vs. poison/toxins Cost: none. Note this can be used to “hack” into Host armors and Warmounts in order to pilot them

Common Skills: Standard
O.C.C. Skill Programs: Medical Doctor(+20%), Bio-Technology(20%), and Assassin(15%), and any twoe Skill Program of choice(Included Host Pilot or War Mount Rider).
Elective Skills: Select 6 Elective Skills from the following list at first level. Plus select another one Elective Skill at levels 4, 8, and 12. All new skills start at level one proficiency.
-Communications: Any(+10%)
-Domestic: Any.
-Espionage: Any(+10%).
-Medical: Any(+5%).
-Military: Any.
-Physical: Any.
-Rogue: Any(+10%).
-Science: Any(+10%).
-Technical: Any.
-Transportation: Any
-Wilderness: Any.
-W.P.s: Any.
Secondary Skills: The character gets to select three Secondary Skills at level one and one additional at levels 3, 6, 9, and 12. Secondary Skills are additional areas of knowledge starting without any special O.C.C. bonuses.
M.D.C Living Body Armor: The Epitaph does have suit of grotesquely modified of living body armor. The armor is modified with 5d6+10 Bio-E point worth of modification of any type, but is so horrible to see that does have an HF of 14!(thing like Nighbane stigmata at nth power).
Standard Equipment: a couple sets of dress clothing, a large black cloack, survival knife, utility belt, first-aid kit(with 1D4 Slap Patches), Ceramic Mask, tinted goggles, hatchet, one light and one heavy Bio-Weapon of choice, set of surgical and medical items , tent, knapsack, backpack, two water skins, emergency food rations(4 weeks), personal items, one secret lair hidden dangerously close to a great house.
Minions: The Epitaph are natural leaders and love surround them of cronies, generally low level scum or losers not accepted in great houses, who crave more power. Had always 1d10 of them at his/her direct order that will do everything they will be ordered. Could and could not be modified
Money: Has 2D8x1000 credits worth of precious metals or trade items, as well as 6D6x10 credits. As always, money can be spent now on additional equipment or saved for later.
The Upside: As long as you exist no Splicer is safe. You know and they know that soon or later you will succeed into slaughtering all the engineers and librarians and feast on their poor misshapen remains. Till then you get some fun playing with humans and their hypocrysis.
The Downside: You’re an abomination. A living blasphemy of everything good the bio-technology brought. Everyone hate you and you know well. And you know also that even if you could win your endless war against your “parents” you’ll sign the doom of humankind. The fact that you don’t care disturb you more than the actual thought of thousand of humans perishing under the claws of the Machine.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."

Return to “Splicers®”