Alien Races with Splicer Technology

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kinghawke
Explorer

Alien Races with Splicer Technology

Unread post by Kinghawke »

Using Rifter #66, the Megaverse Builder book, the Splicer corebook, & the Phaseworld tables for making aliens: I made 1 planet with 4 major alien races all within the dimension that is An Alien Intelligence. However, they only have the ability for Organic Technology due to no thermodynamics (no plasma/fire) & no technology dimensional matrix (no high tech works).
1) The Canine Humanoids have slightly above rifts level technology with organics but are pacifists.
2) The Aquatic Humanoids are Rifts Level Technology with organics but are genocidal xenophobes.
3) The Feline Humanoids are same as canines but with a specialty. They are a Warrior Race.
4) They are humanoid apes with stone-age tech.

for races #1-3, I can use the Splicer books to come up with the basic threshold of technology, but I am having trouble with making them different. How to make the Feline Humanoids distinctly warrior & feline twist on the tech, while the Canines have high tech but are Pacifists. also...trouble coping with the Aquatic Humanoids due to their physical attribute of aquatic & their attitudes.

Can anyone put forth ideas on how to make them different than each other & compatible in the same world? Levels of advancement are Aquatics are Lower, Canines are higher, Feline are highest.
I'm good at the concepts but bad at implementation.
King Hawke--I don't make the world, I just live in it
89er
Adventurer

Re: Alien Races with Splicer Technology

Unread post by 89er »

I get the same problem King H, but I have a few ideas.

Have the Canines use their biotech on active ecosystems, with making an environment more dangerous when threatened.

Aquatics believe that their ability to live on both land and in water makes them superior, using beasts tamed with parasites.

The Felines are the only one who can create and use Host Armor.

The apes are just more in tune to their living home.
Kinghawke
Explorer

89er wrote:I get the same problem King H, but I have a few ideas.

Have the Canines use their biotech on active ecosystems, with making an environment more dangerous when threatened.

Aquatics believe that their ability to live on both land and in water makes them superior, using beasts tamed with parasites.

The Felines are the only one who can create and use Host Armor.

The apes are just more in tune to their living home.

So it would be more of a race of Gardeners (in practice) for the canines, the Aquatics more of Wormwood bad guys, & Felines being the true splicer fighters? making sure I understand.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Kinghawke wrote:Using Rifter #66, the Megaverse Builder book, the Splicer corebook, & the Phaseworld tables for making aliens: I made 1 planet with 4 major alien races all within the dimension that is An Alien Intelligence. However, they only have the ability for Organic Technology due to no thermodynamics (no plasma/fire) & no technology dimensional matrix (no high tech works).
1) The Canine Humanoids have slightly above rifts level technology with organics but are pacifists.
2) The Aquatic Humanoids are Rifts Level Technology with organics but are genocidal xenophobes.
3) The Feline Humanoids are same as canines but with a specialty. They are a Warrior Race.

for races #1-3, I can use the Splicer books to come up with the basic threshold of technology, but I am having trouble with making them different. How to make the Feline Humanoids distinctly warrior & feline twist on the tech, while the Canines have high tech but are Pacifists. also...trouble coping with the Aquatic Humanoids due to their physical attribute of aquatic & their attitudes.

Can anyone put forth ideas on how to make them different than each other & compatible in the same world? Levels of advancement are Aquatics are Lower, Canines are higher, Feline are highest.

Let me make sure I get what your seeking to do right first, before making suggestions.
1. Are these alien species Anthromorphic species where their heads, haunched legs, etc., are entirely animal-like while they stand upright (i.e.: Wolfen, Bearmen, etc.) or are they more humanoid like via Thundercats & Grimm?

2. Are they all from the same planet within the dimension or separate planes within the same dimension and sympatric with one another?

3. Are they truly derivatives of felines, canines, apes, etc., or are they resembling these species but harbor different characteristics, abilities and traits?

4. Are they isolated from Humans?

5. Another apex species that they must contend with, defend against and evolve among that would significantly effect their cultures and developments?
Kinghawke
Explorer

Premier wrote:
Kinghawke wrote:Using Rifter #66, the Megaverse Builder book, the Splicer corebook, & the Phaseworld tables for making aliens: I made 1 planet with 4 major alien races all within the dimension that is An Alien Intelligence. However, they only have the ability for Organic Technology due to no thermodynamics (no plasma/fire) & no technology dimensional matrix (no high tech works).

Let me make sure I get what your seeking to do right first, before making suggestions.
1. Are these alien species Anthromorphic species where their heads, haunched legs, etc., are entirely animal-like while they stand upright (i.e.: Wolfen, Bearmen, etc.) or are they more humanoid like via Thundercats & Grimm?

2. Are they all from the same planet within the dimension or separate planes within the same dimension and sympatric with one another?

3. Are they truly derivatives of felines, canines, apes, etc., or are they resembling these species but harbor different characteristics, abilities and traits?

4. Are they isolated from Humans?

5. Another apex species that they must contend with, defend against and evolve among that would significantly effect their cultures and developments?

1. they are anthromorphic species like the wolfen & bearmen.
2. they are all from the same planet that rests within a dimension where the Alien Intelligence composes the fabric of the dimension.
3. they did evolve from canines, felines, & fish, etc. Splicer level animals also evolved there.
4. they've never seen a human before unless one came through a random rift.
5. the Canines hide/escape the Aquatics while the Felines protect the Apes & combat/contain the menace of the Aquatics. they are high tech, but since no tech or fire works on that world, only Organic Technology works.

Return to “Splicers®”