Kamikaze Ant Bombs

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Wooly
Adventurer

Kamikaze Ant Bombs

Unread post by Wooly »

Kamikaze Ant Bombs

These are genetically engineered giant ants, the size of a small dog approx 20 lbs. Each ant contains a potent binary bio-explosive in their engorged abdomen. The ants will self detonate when touched by anything not marked with a friendly pheromone spray. Different pheromone sprays can be used to guide different broods of Kamikaze ants onto different targets.

The ants will also self destruct when they come into contact with a pre-coded pheromone goo that is "painted" on a target". Via a aemi automatic, 50 rnd, 10 Bio-E point "paintball gun" with a maximum range of 500ft.

The Kamakize ants are typically deployed via a cocoon containing 2D4 ants that is thrown by host armor, catapult (a 9ft x 6ft catapult, range 325 yards The Compendium of Weapons, Armour & Castles p.211) or dropped by flying warmounts.

Model Type: Explosive self-guided ground weapon
Class: Autonomous bio-drone
Crew: N/A

MDC by Location:
Head: 15 MDC*
Main Body 30 MDC*
*Depleting the Head or Main Body MDC will cause the kamikaze ant to detonate, as will physical contact with any being not marked as friendly by pheromone.

Movement:
Speed: Running 35 mph
Jump: 20 ft horizontally
Climbing: Can traverse most surfaces, even a 90 degree vertical with only a 20% speed reduction (28 mph)

Damage:
1D6x10 MDC initial explosive damage. 2D6 MDC sticky Acid damage for 1D4 rounds on all exposed surfaces (20ft burst radius).

Note: Not play tested (yet). 

Inspired by: https://koshersamurai.wordpress.com/201 ... real-good/
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
boxee
Hero

Re: Kamikaze Ant Bombs

Unread post by boxee »

Wooly wrote:Kamikaze Ant Bombs

These are genetically engineered giant ants, the size of a small dog approx 20 lbs. Each ant contains a potent binary bio-explosive in their engorged abdomen. The ants will self detonate when touched by anything not marked with a friendly pheromone spray. Different pheromone sprays can be used to guide different broods of Kamikaze ants onto different targets.

The ants will also self destruct when they come into contact with a pre-coded pheromone goo that is "painted" on a target". Via a aemi automatic, 50 rnd, 10 Bio-E point "paintball gun" with a maximum range of 500ft.

The Kamakize ants are typically deployed via a cocoon containing 2D4 ants that is thrown by host armor, catapult (a 9ft x 6ft catapult, range 325 yards The Compendium of Weapons, Armour & Castles p.211) or dropped by flying warmounts.

Model Type: Explosive self-guided ground weapon
Class: Autonomous bio-drone
Crew: N/A

MDC by Location:
Head: 15 MDC*
Main Body 30 MDC*
*Depleting the Head or Main Body MDC will cause the kamikaze ant to detonate, as will physical contact with any being not marked as friendly by pheromone.

Movement:
Speed: Running 35 mph
Jump: 20 ft horizontally
Climbing: Can traverse most surfaces, even a 90 degree vertical with only a 20% speed reduction (28 mph)

Damage:
1D6x10 MDC initial explosive damage. 2D6 MDC sticky Acid damage for 1D4 rounds on all exposed surfaces (20ft burst radius).

Note: Not play tested (yet). 

Inspired by: https://koshersamurai.wordpress.com/201 ... real-good/

Cool idea, living bombs.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Nice write-up Wooly
The Dragon Has Spoken
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Hmmm......how would these work with a Swarm Lord (from Rifter #51)?
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Return to “Splicers®”