Host Armor - Increase Size

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Htoad2020
D-Bee

Host Armor - Increase Size

Unread post by Htoad2020 »

I looking for a way to increase size to be like a full mecha.
Costing Bio-E points etc.....
kaid
Knight

Re: Host Armor - Increase Size

Unread post by kaid »

Hard to say about the closest thing to that would be more warmount sized. One of the aquatic warmounts has an enclosed "cockpit" and is about as close to mecha as I have seen in splicers. Something that big is likely to be some kind of warmount rather than host armor. Host armor does bulk you up and some like the swarm master/gardener host armors are pretty bulky but I don't think they go up to mecha sized.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

yeah, you're pretty much going to need to come up with your own rules on it. shouldn't be a hard modification, but the main thing to consider: this is a setting where you pretty much either need to be able to hide, or run away, because you are almost guaranteed to get into fights that you cannot win. as a result, stuff that cannot do either of those things is going to be pretty specialized for the few times where those are not required, because otherwise it wouldn't get made at all.

so if you want to have a giant-sized host armour... well, hiding is going to be somewhat harder, and host armours are generally not fast. it's entirely possible that you'll come up with something that is so specialized that it is not terribly well-suited for PCs to have long-term access to. it would be more like dracos warmounts; yeah, they're in the book, but you probably don't get one assigned to you as your person warmount. should you ever need one for an assigned mission, it will be loaned to you, of course... but you'd better bring it back in one piece. same thing should probably apply for these giant armours. probably stat it up as a warmount, and only assign them to PCs if they're either a specialized unit focused on open warfare, or if they're a generalist group that suddenly has a need for them (eg if they're assigned as a front-line assault squad in an attack on a machine facility being launched from the ocean or something like that).
TagsPB
Explorer

Unread post by TagsPB »

Look at After the Bomb...it has bio-e based size charts in it that could help
Htoad2020
D-Bee

Unread post by Htoad2020 »

TagsPB wrote:Look at After the Bomb...it has bio-e based size charts in it that could help

Thank You TagsPB But that was After the Bomb Book 5: Mutants in Avalon pg 10, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness pg 10 and Heroes Unlimited pg 165 but thank you all in all you helped me alot.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Htoad2020 wrote:
TagsPB wrote:Look at After the Bomb...it has bio-e based size charts in it that could help

Thank You TagsPB But that was After the Bomb Book 5: Mutants in Avalon pg 10, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles & Other Strangeness pg 10 and Heroes Unlimited pg 165 but thank you all in all you helped me alot.

The actual After the Bomb RPG goes more in to depth than the old TMNT AtB supplements. Page 23 has some additional rules where large mutants can earn extra BioE at the sacrifice of some attributes. If you are going for larger mecha-like suits, you might want to allow for that so you can get a few size steps bigger.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles

Return to “Splicers®”