house necropolis

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

eertbarc
D-Bee
Comment: I don't suffer from my madness, actually I rather enjoy it.

house necropolis

Unread post by eertbarc »

from the journal of the dark one.

all I ever wanted was to help others, be kind and live in peace. but it was never meant to be. this world Is no such place for such sentiment, nexus taught me that. in an instant she taut me the true weapon of survival was not a gun or blade, but fear. I realized that in order to win we had to teach this lesson not just to nexus but to all the world. I decided then and there not only must I create nightmares I needed to be a nightmare, master of the dark, the evil, the scary. I needed to gain power, but I also needed time. so I waited and planed. when the time came I struck, and in an instant I had it all but I still needed more, so I set forth to build my forces, secure resources, and most important of all bide my time. now I am ready to strike and when I do that b1tch shall know what fear truly is.

and from the dark we rise and she shall know fear.

a land based house set under a swamp/boneyard/old graveyard, a young dreadguard decided to take a page out of kalis book and use fear as his weapon so one night while the house slept he and the warlord stepped out for a word and only he returned thus began the rain of the dark one. in a few short months the house was rebuilt into something new, something dark, fear would be this houses new weapon, and so the necropolis was forged.

population census as taken by brain eater Darrell and blood drinker barker, 6 years after the ascension of the dark one
population: 72,000 (67,000 before ascension)
(add +5 to horror factor of all)
(warlord)dark one 1
(dreadgaurd)reapers 2%
(host armor is completely black, w.p. pole arm replaces 1 elective skill, gains access to psychology as an elective)
(roughnecks)bonemen 7%
(host armor is bleached bone white)
(biotics)steins 6%
(think Frankenstein's monster[universal style])
(outriders)horsemen 15%
(war-red, death-black, famine-pale green, pestilence-white w/blotches)
(packmasters)loup-garou 7%
(hyde armor w/fine fur coat, wolf like helmet, and L. claws replace swords)
(skinjobs)banshees 4%
(sonic weapon added to throat)
(scarcrows)mummies 1%
(mdc bandages cover the body,+30mdc to main body,+7mdc to all other locations, +2 disarm/entangle)
(saints)jekylls 1% (equial to hydes)
(long lab coat)
(tormenters)hydes 1% (equial to jekylls)
(appearance mimics jekylls)
(butchers)leatherfaces 7 (private assassins)
(armor resembles tanned leather)
(deliverymen)yowie 7%
(carnivorous/omnivore metabolisms only, heavy fur coat w/ r.cold, r.heat, adds 10% to camouflage skill)
(falconer)owlmen 3%
(armor modified to resemble demon owls, added l.claws to hands and feet,feathered wingpack only modified for totally silent flight)
(archangels)stregoi 3%
(only black leatherback armor w/echolocation, letherwings only)
(gardeners)gatormen 4%
(carnivorous metabolism only[r60], has R. jaw, and heavy scales that grant R. exoskeleton)
(geneticists)goblin tamers 1%
(no change)
swarm lords 2%
(darker tones on armor and insects)
(harvesters)ghouls 1%
(armor colored dark purple and looks desiccated)
(bombardiers)serkets 2%
(dark black chitinuos armor)
(sweepers)snappers 2%
(looks like giant anthropomorphic alligator snapping turtle w/ r.jaw)
(bio-slayers)wraiths 30 total (special order granted sanctuary by the dark one)
(no change)
(militiamen)zombies 9%
(desiccated looking h. hide armor only)
(marshals)wendigos 20 total
(both armors are white w/red ascents and small antlers, personal worgs are colored white)
(meta-morphs)shape-shifters 12%
(engineers)blood drinkers 9 total
(gene-pools[blood-pools])
(librarians)brain eaters 3 total
(brain-pool[brain-pod])
gene-thieves 5 total (recent edition to the house, have yet to be given a title. an experiment on the part of the dark one)
non-combatants 9% (children mostly, the dark one demands service from all)
warmounts: over 150,000
war:24%
(kamikaze) apeps 550
(bright red in color w/ black highlights) [even though the dark one hates to waste he had a large number made as a disposable asset]
(mountain lions)hellcats
(resembles massive dark red cougar)
(behemoths)minotaurs
(looks like massive red bull w/ 3 pairs large horns and hooves on all feet)[retains prehensile ability]
(Grendel's)Cyclops
(dark red coloration)
(marauders)blood knights
(black w/dark red highlights)
(ganesh troop transports)grootslang
(dark red coloration and covered in fine snake scales, added bladed combat tail, forked tongue, and heatpits)
death:27%
(gorehounds)worgs
(wolves only[r59],black fur only)
abominations
(no change)
(sygnus striders)ravens
(black feathers)
(mantis cannons)scorpion cannons
(cannon moved from back to added stinger tail, scythes replaced w/ pincers, looks like large black scorpion)
famine:21%
(black talon war hawks)demon owls
(added night vision, totally silent flight, replace plasma breath with a heat projector in the eyes giving them bright red glow, feathers are dark greenish brown, resembles great horned owl)
(dracos)wyverns
(dark green with sickly green highlights, napalm breath standard)
(skullcrackers)dire bats
(resembles horned vampire bat w/ browngreen fur and echolocation)
(zephyrs)scarabs
(has shiny goldengreen exoskeleton)
pestilence:28%
(tunnel rats)willards
(brown w/ white accents)
(bore worms)death worms
(pale and blotchy)
(Agni plasma birds)devil birds
(pale white w/ brown blotches, rockets cause loud whine when fired)
other:
(homunculi)goblins
(no change, granted partial legal status)
(mega-horses)nightmares
(can be any of the 4 styles, flame breath weapon added standard)
(juggernaut)cthulhu - 1 (still growing)
(green skin w/purple highlights, slime coating, non-skid pads on feet, acid blood, whip tail)
lamias - herd of about 3000 in special chambers, unknown number after release of initial 700 designed to be self sustaining.
caimen - unknown after initial release of about 600 to the surface, designed to be a self sustaining population

will be continuing to update and improve the house. would love to hear any and all comments and thoughts about it.
Last edited by eertbarc on Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:20 am, edited 10 times in total.
this is the most fun an autistic guy could have!
aberrant/lawful evil and loving it!
sometimes, for the greater good you must become the villain.
eertbarc
D-Bee

Re: house necropolis

fog bogger:
the dark one knew that frontal assaults on the machine would be suicide, so he asked the brain eaters to design an organism that would damage and disrupt the machine without anyone even having to be near them, something that would aid the mausoleum while hurting the machine,and so the eaters began their work. at first they tried mold, then animals, but each time the dark one rejected them all, if not for a pair of passing yowie conversing about how thick the fog was on the surface this trend might have continued. but lucky they did for it inspired them to create the first prototype fogger, but the resources to make many of them was not their, until a gator offered to test a plant version, and thus the fog bogger was ahem "grown". the eaters designed it not only to produce fog but a special fog full of spores that cause metal to rapidly rust, stick to the ground, gum up sensors, and disrupt electronic communication.
when on the host armor it looks like a mini pumpkin, when it reaches maturity it resembles a large pumpkin with a disturbing jack-o-lantern like face indented in the side w/the fog billowing from the top.
bio-e cost: 70
growth time: 1d6+2 hours from sapling to immature plant, 1d4+1 days to mature plant. takes 3 days for new one to grow on armor.
mdc: 60
range: covers a 100 foot radius in light or heavy fog (gators choice)
payload: none for immature plant (does not produce fog until mature, mature plant-continuous production
autonomous abilities: when fog comes in contact with metal it causes 1d6md per minute after 10 minutes of contact, -1 to strike, parry, and dodge after 20 minutes and an additional -1 every 20 minutes after that, after 5 minutes all visual sensors are rendered useless unless constantly wiped away blinding the robot, limits electronic communications to 500 feet and causes
-30% to communication skills
elder plant bonuses: none

tucksack:
the need to carry equipment has all ways existed in the resistance, but normal bag can be found and taken way to easily in the dark ones opinion, so he helped to design a new organism that could not only hide but actively avoid detection. a tick was decided apon simply because it amused him, but even he didn't figure on how well it would work, after increasing its size to monstrous proportions and adding a chameleon skin it worked like a dream. the tucksack only needed a small amount of blood to survive, and its natural hiding ability and enhancement allowed it to avoid machine forces easily when left in one place. he still hasn't figured out how to get it to hide from humans not from the mausoleum but its only a mater of time.
hf:6
mdc:70 regenerates 1d4 mdc per hour
metabolism: vampiric, requires 3 hp every 2 days(can find food when not attached to a person)
capacity:3cubic feet, 50lb
trade value: undetermined, not many want a giant tick strapped to their back

caimen
made to look like a natural animal
size: 3-51/2 feet
weight: 3-9 lb
a.r.:17
hp:2d6
sdc:3d6
attacks:2
damage: bite 1d8 sdc
bonuses: +2 init. +3 strike, +2dodge underwater
natural abilities: swim 90%, prowl(underwater)80%
speed: land 7, can run at short burst of 45, underwater 12
lifespan: 12-32 years
habitat: swamps, marshes, rivers, lakes
behavior: like an alligator in temperament except around machines, programed to take no hostile action and simply observe
enhancements: experimental spy-com(sight, memory trans, range 5 miles)
feeding: 6-8 pounds of meat every 3-4 days

lamia
designed to look like a natural animal (all ways black coat)
Class: herd animal.
Hit Points & S.D.C.: H.P.: 4D6+6. S.D.C.: 6D6+ 12
Speed:
Running: 35 mph (56 km) for an hour at a time, but needs period
of rest or slow speed
Leaping: 5 feet (1.5 m) high and 10 feet (3 m) across
Swimming: One mph (1.6 km or 0.86 knots) on the water's surface
only.
Flying: Not applicable.
Statistical Data:
Height: 56 to 60 inches
Length: 5-7 feet (1.5 to 2.1 m) from tip of the nose to the rump,
Weight: 800 to 900 lb
Cargo: Can carry 400 Ibs on its back, but can pull 1200 Ibs
Physical Strength: 1d8+20.
Operational Lifetime: 14-25 year life span.
Trade Value: 500 to 5,000 credits.
Senses & Features: None.
Feeding: Eats 20-30 pounds (4.5 to 9 kg) of plant matter per day
Sleep Requirements: Needs 6 hours of sleep.
Other Data (for individual animals):
Alignment: Any, but generally considered to be good
Attributes: I.Q. lD4+4 (medium to high animal intelligence),
M.E. lD6+ 10, M.A. 2D6+ 12, P.S. lD8+20, P.P. 2D6+8, P.E.
2D6+ 12, P.B. 2D6+ 12, Spd: 45-50 (averages around 30-35
mph/48 to 56 km).
Attacks per Melee Round: Two
Combat Bonuses (in addition to possible attribute bonuses): + I
on initiative, +2 to strike with kick attacks and head butts, +3 to
automatic dodge (Le., can dodge without using up a melee ac-
tion), +2 to pull punch/kick, and +2 to roll with punch, fall or
impact +3for spit attack
Equivalent (instinctive) Skills of Note: Begging 50%, Climb
50%10%, Identify Plants & Fruit (i.e., stuff it can eat) 80%,
Land Navigation 80%, Swim 50% and understands languages
(2) at 70%. Recognizes robots and machines as enemies to be
avoided.
Combat Capabilities: Front Leg Kick: 2D6 S.D.C. Rear Leg
Kick: 3D6 S.D.C. (+ 1D6 kick damage for a war horse) or 1D4
damage from a bite.
spit attack: more of a nuisance, used to blind attackers.
Bio-enhancements: high protein (grants double feeding benefit),
wool(makes vary sturdy clothing, waterproof)

kudzu moss
growth rate: 3ft per day
bonuses: provides double feeding benefits
penalty's: dies quickly in natural sunlight

tree nob:
a bio-organism made to look like the stump of a limb on a tree, has a built in eye that is extremely hard to detect. when placed against a tree it merges and cant be removed afterwards, so it draws nutrition from the host tree and can remain active indefinitely.
enhancements: single eye w/ advanced sight, spy-com(same as caimen)
skills: camo. 85%
bonuses: has miner chameleon skin that allows it to mimic the look and texture of the tree its attached to.
penalties: must be attached to a tree or it will not function otherwise.

last call
when the dark one first began to remake the house he made a decision many at the time was thought to be insane. he ordered the inclusion of plasma cells similar to those used in the apeps into all host armors, steins, and warmounts standard. when activated it causes a large amount of blue energy discharge to emanate from the armor/mount/stein
damage: 1d4x1000 to a 100 foot radius (sends out a signal over the bio-comms to inform others of its activation, detonates the next melee round)
limitations: only able to be activated when armor/mount/stein is at less than 10 mdc and is only to be used as an ABSOLUTE LAST RESORT!!!
Last edited by eertbarc on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:18 am, edited 8 times in total.
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

like i always say, its its good to see home brew Houses from my fellow Splicerheads

i like how you have incorporated material from both the books and the forums into the design of the house

we have the cosmetic element of the House, now; what is their motive? what is their intention? what is their goal?
do they want to represent the stuff of nightmares and fight the machine, or do they wish to conquer all?
connecting the dots
eertbarc
D-Bee

the rite of blood

early on it became clear that the dark one had something against technojackers for it seamed that after his ascension that all the house technojachers seamed to up and disappear. rumors abound about secret rituals and killings, but the truth is actually far less sinister. when the dark one rose to power he had all the technojackers gathered together and gave them a choice, leave or die. in truth the dark one did not hate them, but pitied them, seeing them as primitives bound to an ugly and horrible curse. he knows that to squander such a resources would be foolish and on many occasions has hired their services. but for all intent will not allow them in his mausoleum. thus he created the rite. a test designed to root out technojackers at birth. after a child is born a leatherface is called in to administer the rite in the presence of a reaper and a jekyll. a peice of metal is brought near the infant to see if it activates a response, if it does then the child is then treated for any injuries, a scar is left to show that it has undergone the rite. if no response occurs the reaper wisks the child away and leaves it in the care of a group of technojackers, at a retro village, or at the doorstep of another house. the dark one sees this as a necessity in order to keep the mausoleum pure of the machine.

goals of the dark one for the mausoleum of house necropolis

the dark one demand absolute loyalty from all his subject. he is swift and merciless with punishment and generous with rewords. death and banishment are never used as a sentence for that would be a waist of human recourses. the offender is ether converted into a stein or recycled.save for his methods the dark one seeks to destroy the machine same as every one. he believes that to defeat the machine humanity must show that no matter how scary nexus thinks she is that humanity is scarier. but in order to do this he needed not only to fight nexus he needed to out maneuver her, he needed to show her that no mater were she was that he could reach her, so he focused on intelligence gathering and stealth. more than even the other houses could do.
and so he has worked to make shirr that no mater what his forces are masters of the dark. he decided that all operations would be at night and under no circumstance lead anyone not of the house back to the mausoleum. he found the perfect location to move his house to. an ancient necropolis that the machine had used as a boneyard during the purge, in the time between then and now the land has tuned into a massive swamp and the machine presence has nearly vanished do to the difficulty operating there. though the aria surrounding it Is heavily patrolled by kali's forces, a small bonus in the dark ones mind for he has a personal vendetta against her for some reason. though he never speaks of it to any one, it is believed that brain eater darrell may know the truth. the dark one has carved out a deep and expansive system of catacombs under kali's swamp as he has come to call it. designed to be confusing with many secret passages and hidden doors in order to prevent any incursion into the mausoleum to have extreme difficulty finding their way around and allow defenders to quickly dispatch foes. and to top it all off 3 years after the house was finished he alone traversed the surface and with great difficulty managed to not only sneak into kali's computer core but leave a single black rose next to it with a note that read "I will always remember" and sneak out again. to insure that it is he that takes her down he had eater Darrell extend his lifespan and create several clone bodies directly linked to him so that if he should parish that his mind shall be transferred to one of his clones. only he and Darrell know of this, in order to insure his rule. and so he has become master of the night and bane of nexus, all as he has planned.
Last edited by eertbarc on Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

i like the journal entry

it would be interesting if H. Necropolis ever attempts to conquer my H. Necrys :demon: the battlefield would be hell on earth
connecting the dots
eertbarc
D-Bee

that's part of what inspired me was your house
that and all the horror movies I watch
actually having a little trouble figuring out the population lay out would appreciate any suggestions
if any one is wondering why their aren't any aquatic mounts/classes their to far from the sea for them to be viable
Last edited by eertbarc on Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
eertbarc
D-Bee

the dark one
a man of many contradictions, one minute he can be the nicest person you could meet, the next a being of such fury and contempt that it has many a time surprised even his most trusted of solders, many have learned that to cross him is a very big mistake and many don't get the chance to make it twice. on the other hand he will never harm a child and has shone that he has a vary caring and soft side. of course no one of the house thinks him weak for it, for they know better. he despises the machine and forbids any form of machine technology in the house. he has begun to show a romantic interest in one of the gene-thieves he has brought into the house. her name is sara and she is actually quite pretty. this is a first for the dark one and is a little unsure as how to proceed, but has yet to inform anyone or even display it.
(npc lv7) ht 5'11", wt 297lb
aberrant
IQ 17, ME 19, MA 21, PS 20, PP 12, PE 18, PB 11, SPD 23
SDC 71, HP 44,
skills: basic math 95%, speak English 93%,read/write English 85%, climbing 88/78%, HTH: expert, military ettiquete 83%, running, w.p.sword:+3str/+3par/+1throw, w.p.knife:+3str/+3par/+3throw, bio-coms 98%, biology 68%, genetics 61%, machine lore 98%, operate bio-equipment 98%, w.p. H.bio-weapons:+2str, host armor 98%, advanced math83%, chemistry 68%, forensics 68%, pathology 73%, toxicology 73%, psychology 68%(HR), d.ambush 63%, d.concealment 58%, w.p. pole arm:+3str/+3par, first aid 78%, history 73%, camouflage 53%, wilderness survival 63%, prowl 48%(3), interrogation 43%(5), body building, physical labor.
bonuses: strike +2, parry +3, dodge +3, #attacks 5, pull punch +3, roll +2, disarm +2, +2 vs insanity, +6% vs coma/death, +2vs mind control, +3 vs horror factor, crit 18-20, w.p. paired weapons, trust/intimidate 65%

the reaper
this host armor is completely black except for the face witch looks like a bleached skull.
often weirs a black trench coat and wide brimmed hat over the armor.
metabolism: parasitic, HF 11, HT 7'10", WT 598lb, splicer PS 27, lifetime:60 years,
MDC: head 147, m.body 435, force field 130, arms 137, hands 57, legs 207, feet 99
speed: running 40 mph, leaping 20h/40l, digging 20 mph, swimming 30 mph, max depth 700ft
skills: e.artist 55%, camo 50%, w. survival 70%
bonuses: strike +4, parry +6, dodge +8, #attacks +5, roll +8(+11 vs fall), pull punch +5, disarm +4, init.+8, +6 auto-dodge, +10% d.ambush, +1 strike w/ranged weapons built into armor, +1 strike HTH.
enhancements: armored eyes, infra/therm/ultra eyes, enhanced hearing (pinpoint noise 74%), heat pits (track heat 82%), motion detection, radar (shape 80%, distance 84%, direction 84%, speed 64%, location 74%), seismic (number/speed heavy objects 80% 2mile, number/speed small objects 82%, distance 78%, location 68%, seismic 80%), s.wiskers, chameleon skin, E. regeneration, E. neural connection, quick clotting blood, righting reflex, R. exoskeleton, S. regeneration, bio-force field, stealth field, bio-e vent, S.cups/G.hairs(H/F), nonskid pads(H/F),R.cold, R.heat, R.Electricity, bio-e blade, mouth(forum), adaptive digestion(omnivore)[forum, house rule],symbiotic nourishment.

custom mass impact acid edged scythe
dmg 1d6x10+2d6 +2str, +2perry
enhancements: mega, custom grip, I. balance
(used H. halberd as base)

toakka (the dark ones personal worg, completely loyal,
never disobeys a command, will listen to no one else)
toakka was created at the order of the dark one in order to create a companion an guardian. she appears to be a large gray wolf with bright yellow eyes.
he wanted a worg made to the highest standards and that is what he got. intelligent, strong, and fast. she was made to be completely loyal to the dark one, but any one else who attempts to order her gets a swift nip of displeasure. she has free rein of the catacombs and mausoleum and many people give her food as tribute to keep on her good side. like the dark one she will never harm a child and can often be found playing with them in her free time.
breed: wolf
M.D.C.
Front Legs (2) - 85 each
Hind Legs (2) - 109 each
Head - 157
Main Body - 318
Speed:
Running: 100 mph (160 km) maximum, but normal cruising
speed is only 30 mph (4S km). The act of running tires the
worg at about one tenth the rate of a human and it can run,
nonstop, for four hours at full speed before needing 1D6x 1 0+60
minutes of rest to go for another two hours before needing rest.
can romp at a leisurely pace (for it) of 50 mph (6O km) without
pause for up to eight hours straight before requiring
rest or 10 hours if it periodically pauses for 10-20 minutes every
hour or so. Note: Reduce speed by 30% in forests and rocky and
other difficult, obstacle-filled terrain.
Leaping: 20 feet (6.1 m) high or across, increase by 50% with a
short running start and double when running at full tilt.
Digging: 20 mph (32 km) through sand or dirt, but half that
speed through clay, rock or stone. Digging does not tire the War
Mount. To dig down enough to adequately bury itself and hide
takes 1D6 minutes.
Swimming: 40 mph (64 km or 34 knots); dog paddle. Maximum
depth underwater is 200 feet (61 m).
Flying: Not applicable.
Statistical Data:
Height: 4.5 feet (1.4 m) at the shoulders, 6 feet ( 1.8
m) to the top of the head.
Width: 3 feet (0.9 m) from shoulder to shoulder.
Length: 8 feet (2.4 m) from tip of the nose to the rump,
plus a foot (0.3 m) long tail.
Weight: 500 Ibs (225 kg).
Cargo: 800 Ibs (360 kg) can be carried on its back and 2000 Ibs
(900 kg) can be pulled.
Operational Lifetime: 42 year life span.
Bio-Regeneration Rate: 2D6 M.D.C. per hour for the main body
and ID6 M.D.C. per hour for all other locations. The Worg
cannot regrow severed limbs or destroyed weapon systems
(reduced to zero or less), there must be at least two M.D.C.
points remaining to regenerate lost limbs, but such extensive regeneration
takes 2D6 days.
Horror Factor: 16.
Senses & Features: Standard for a worg.
Feeding: The worg is an omnivore, but prefers meat and
carrion, and eats 10-20 pounds (4.5 to 9 kg) of organic matter a
day.
Sleep Requirements: As an artificial organism, the worg
requires only four hours of sleep or rest per day.
Rider: A rider will sit bareback just behind the shoulders.
Other Data
Alignment: aberrant (completely loyal to the dark one)
friend Attributes: l.Q. 9 (medium animal intelligence), M.E.
14, M.A. 28, P.S.27 (Supernatural), P.P. 21,
P.E. 28, P.B. 18, Spd. 110 (made to be the best).
Number of Attacks per Melee: 6.
Combat Bonuses (in addition to possible attribute bonuses): +7
on initiative, +4 to strike in hand to hand combat, +2 to parry,
+4 to automatic dodge (i.e., can dodge without using up a melee
action), +3 to pull punch/bite, +3 to roll with punch, fall or impact,
+2 to disarm, +10 to save vs Horror Factor, and +2 to save
vs poisons/toxins and disease, +3 perception.
Equivalent (instinctive) Skills of Note:
packages: survivalist, reconnaissance/scout
Begging 75%, Climb 50%/0%, Detect Ambush 80%, Detect Concealment 75%,
Herding 80%, Identify Plants & Fruit (i.e., stuff it can eat) 87%,
Land Navigation 90%, Prowl 72%, Swim 80%, camouflage 55%,
tracking 55%,track/trap animals 65%/35%, and hunting, understands
english 80% (cannot speak or read). Recognizes
robots and machines as enemies to be destroyed or chased
away.
Combat Capabilities:
Restrained Head Butt: ID6 S.D.C.
Full Strength Head Butt: ID6 M.D.
Pawing Claw Strike with Front Legs: 4D6 M.D.
Biting Attack: 5D6 M.D.
Leap Attack: 2D6 M.D., + 1 to strike and has a 01-70% likelihood
of knocking an opponent as large as 12 feet (3.6 m) tall off
his feet and onto his back (also a 01-65% chance the victim
drops whatever he was holding). If knocked off his feet, the target
loses initiative and two melee attacks/actions), and the
worg is poised for a fast bite attack (+2 to strike for the
canine's next attack). A leap attack uses up one melee attack for
the worg!
Running Leap Attack: 4D6 M.D., has a 01-85% likelihood of
knocking down an opponent and counts as two of the
worgs's attacks, otherwise the same as Leap Attack.
worg Bio-Weapon Systems: Standard ,plus
behavioral modification(super-predator),

sara (gene-thief) [npc]
HT 5'6" WT 186lb
lv 5, unprincipled, hf 15
IQ 15, ME 14, MA 18, PS 17, PP 18, PE 24, PB 21, SPD 70
SDC 507, HP 132
bonuses:
strike +4, parry +5, dodge +4, roll +2, disarm +1, pull punch +2, auto-dodge +4, initiative +4, +4 vs horror factor, +18% vs death/coma, +6 vs poison, trust/intimidate 50%, charm/impress 55%,
skills: basic math 82%, speak English 92%, read/write 88%, land navigation 72%, prowl 77%, tracking 65%, surveillance 70%, w.p. archery +3strike/+1parry/+2disarm/5attacks per melee, climbing 70%/60%, I. plants/fruit 60%, outdoorsmanship, swimming 80%, wilderness survival 65%, spelunking 70%, hunting, skin/prepare animal hides 65%, holistic medicine 50%/40%, masonry 40%, rope works 45%, leatherworking 50%, horsemanship 56%/36%, track/trap animals 45%/55%, zoology 50 %, carpentry 45%, boat building 45%, preserve food 50%, herding 50%, dowsing 50%, operate bio-equipment 60%, cook 75%, fishing 70%, sewing 70%, HTH-basic, camouflage 40%, basic brewing 45%/50%.
Last edited by eertbarc on Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
eertbarc
D-Bee

metamorph - shapeshifter
[combat]-hibagon
(covered head to toe with thick fur and slightly elongated arms)
[aquatic]-sobek
(has a large crocodile head w/ large scales replacing the lobster exoskeleton)
[armored]-genbu
(armor resembles massive black tortoise shell)
(a giant black tortoise)
[close combat]-cockatrice
(the head, shoulders, forearms, and calves have feathers w/ the rest covered in fine snake scales)
[runner]-mantacore
(given a more human/feline hybrid face and non-combat quills running down the tail)
[centaur]-ipotame
(large grinning mouth, small ram horns, goatee)
[bruiser]-bugbear
(leathery skin, slightly pointed ears and protruding lower canines)
[battleram]-nandi(a personal favorite of the dark one)
(given a golden, smoother skin)
[giant snake](forum)-lindworm
(demonic looking snake)
[h. assault]-kasairex
(false teeth and eyes are added to top of the cannon)
[angel]-azreal
(wings are all ways black)
[devil]-gargoyle
(looks to be made of stone/granite/concrete)
[spider]-anansi
(black w/white highlights)
[digger]-azeban
(raccoon/weasel hybrid)
[eagle]-harpy
(given the ability to speak)
Last edited by eertbarc on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

im glad i inspired you with my H. Necrys

well, you have already established that they are a landlocked House, so aquatic designs are not necessary.

the population and troop types is based on a number of factors, and that enriches the story:
how many people existed in the House before the changes?
how many left or were killed because they didn't agree with the new philosophy?
how old is H. Necropolis now? is it a fledgling House or has it been around for a couple of decades?
they may wish to be Gorehound focused, or heavy on roughnecks and biotics
you may have the rare Dreadguard that plays the part of a death lord and they command zombie looking biotics and the skeletal themed roughnecks
connecting the dots
eertbarc
D-Bee

their first meeting
sara knew she was in trouble. she had been in this situation before, chased by humans, half starved, low on arrows. it was nothing new, except for the 4 others she had with her this time. she had gather an adopted family, found them huddling in a cave cold and sick. she managed to revive and extract them from that hole but had not anticipated running into the resistance. it was not a situation she liked. not to mention traveling threw a d@mn foggy swamp in the middle of the night. thankfully it was a full moon so she could see were they were going. she hadn't herd the hounds for a while though and against her better judgment let herself hope they had lost them. she didn't want to lose her new charges. her mind moved from fleeing to hunting she needed to find food soon or the hunger would kick in. not just for her but the others to. she froze, they aren't alone, she almost missed them. at least a dozen, maybe more . humans, not the one that had bean chasing them. these were different, their armor was pitch black and they held perfectly still. only one was different, he had a skull for a face and wore a coat and hat. but they wielded the same weapon, a large scythe. she felt Goosebumps all over her skin and her hair on her neck stood on end. her bow at the ready she took aim at the pale faced one, and let her last arrow fly. she new it wouldn't hurt him, but she had to do something. she wasn't going to let them take her new adopted family without a fight. as the arrow whisked threw the air she prayed that it might hit the eye, but in a flash his hand reached up and caught it an inch from his face. a shudder ran down her spine. that moment a thought crossed her mind "this is it". she dropped her bow and stared at the ground. the pale faced one began to move forward, 1 step, 2 steps, 3. then she sprang forward expanding her jaw to its full size, charging him with all she had. with a swift swipe he brought his arm up and blocked her. she sank her teeth into it and began to work them in fury, yet he didn't even flinch. as she tore back ripping a chunk of his arm away she looked on in disbelief. he just stood their like nothing had happened, he lowered his arm to his side blood pooling at his feet, and right before her eyes it clotted and began to heal. then he raised his hand index and middle finger extended. she waited for the inevitable, but it never came. instead when he motioned, instead of weapons fire 2 of the black ones walked forward, leading what looked like 2 sheared alpacas forward, and caring what looked like black clothes. they walked right past her toward the children and handed them the ropes and clothes. she stood their in shock, she didn't understand, it didn't make sense. then the hunger kicked in and she no longer cared they all charged the animals an began eating, ripping into the soft skin, the flesh was sweat and more filling than she anticipated. after she had consumed her fill and her wits returned she remembered the humans as she stood up and turned coming face to face with skull. she was curious now, and when he held out his hand to her she stared for only a moment before placing her hand in his. she hasn't looked back sense.

their first meeting part 2 (the dark one)
his plan was working just as he had hoped. both he and Darrell had spent week tracking their movements, plotting the paths he would force them down. threw carefully placed clues, hints and signs he had lured the resistance to them. then he insured it so that the gene-thieves would get away. for the next few days he kept up this game of cat and mouse, always insuring that he was never seen. after the girl and the children entered his swamp he made sure that the resistance was thrown off their tail. he wanted them alive, and intact, for he had plans for them. the girl especially, for to obtain her was his foremost goal, the others were an added bonus. after insuring that the resistance had ben sent chasing shadows. he called for his most loyal reapers to meat him at the clearing he had set up exactly for this occasion. he had prepared the lamias ahead of time, he ordered them sheered and their wool made into clothing. making sure the clothes were slightly off size as to not draw suspicion. after his troops were in position he ordered them to remain still and silent. he didn't have to wait long. as she stepped into the clearing, it nearly took his breath away. the moon shown off her hair, her skin smooth and glistening with sweat. she was beautiful. as she crept forward, her bow at the ready and the children following close behind her, he adjusted so that he entered the moonlight ever so slightly. the others did the same. she froze, the children stopped fear spreading across their faces. her stair was intense, he waited suspecting her next action and she didn't disappoint. she raised her bow, pulled back and let the arrow fly. it was amusing, as it sored toured his face he instinctively moved his hand up and plucked it out of the air an inch from his face. the look on hers was priceless, a mixture of fear and rage. she let the bow fall from her hand, now came the moment he had been anticipating. he strided forward slowly, 1,2,3. she was fast, springing forward in fury, and extending her jaw to its full size. it was beautiful, a beauty and a beast all in one. he raised his arm and let her sink her teeth, as she began to grind them together he felt the pain, it hurt as she began to rend flesh and bone. he held his ground, forced himself to show no emotion, not even a flinch. he did not fear this creature, he adored her. as she pulled back tearing a chunk out of his arm, he had to squelch a yelp of pain. he slowly lowered his arm knowing that his armor would heal him. she stared at him in disbelief. over his bio-com jack spoke, "sir they are gene-thieves we should destroy them now", "silence" he spoke the word with a hushed threatening tone, and jack went quite in an instant. he raised his arm and with his fingers motioned for clara and mac to bring the lamias and clothes forward. ordering them over bio-coms to walk them over to the children. at first their was a slight objection but he quickly put it down. they walked past the girl to the kid and handed them the ropes and clothes. she stared in shock, her expression giving him great joy. as his reapers stepped back, the girl and the children leapt with gusto strait at the beasts.as they began to devour the animals he walked forward, every step silent as the grave, until he was right behind her. she rose from the carcass and spun, blood trailing down the sides of her mouth. her face no longer showed fear of him, but as he looked deep into her eyes he saw something else, curiosity. he reached out his hand, she stared at it for only a second before placing hers in it. a smile spread across his face. all according to plan.
eertbarc
D-Bee

GEOGRAPHY
house necropolis is located underneath kali's swamp. a massive tract of land that before the days of NEXUS was used as one of the largest graveyards on the planet. it housed several small mausoleums, tens of thousands of gravestones, and at its center the great mausoleum, used as a resting place for what at the time were the more important people. situated on a small river that's flow was controlled by a large dam. when the purge came kali immediately clamed the territory and began piling human after human in to the graveyard, her machines blasting as they went. for how long this went on or how many died is long forgotten, yet their remains still litter the ground in droves. also long forgotten is exactly how the dam broke, or when for that matter, but after decades of no maintenance the graveyard/boneyard became a nasty and putrid swamp. do to the fact it was a graveyard there are vary few pre NEXUS tunnels under it as most were redirected around it. after a while kali had to remove her robots from the area because the swamp caused many of her machines great difficulty to patrol it. so instead she has her machines patrol its perimeter in force. it is located only 20 miles form a power farm and 1 of kali's computer cores. sadly the nearest preserve is hundreds of miles away. a medieval retro village is located on the far side of the swamp opposite the farm about 120 miles out. after kalis forces retreated from the swamp gaia attempted to introduce several species into the swamp, but only a limited number succeeded in taking hold, although plant life abounds. gaia gave up on it and has sense moved on. though kali remains to watch over her prized possession. this was the location that the dark one chose to build his house, which is located about 2 miles underground. he believed that nexus wouldn't search for them in an area so totally under her control, for why would any human put themselves right under kali's nose. it was in the minds of many a death sentence. it is separated into three separate levels, with an internal architecture very much castle like in appearance, with corroders of stonework, glow cell torches, and stained glass murals honoring warriors that have fallen in battle against the machine. each level is spread out over a wide area, complete with lots of chambers, secret passages, hidden doors, anti-chambers, full aqueducts, chokepoints and even miraculously indoor plumbing.
eertbarc
D-Bee

GEOGRAPHY CONT.
the dark one designed it to be confusing and difficult to navigate for anyone or anything not from the house, while enabling defenders to flank and coral any intruders. each level is completely self sufficient and able to cut itself off at a moments notice in order to hide from the enemy. the top level contains the great mausoleum, the very same one from the surface. the dark one had it sunk down from the surface as his headquarters. extending out from the mausoleum for several miles are the catacombs, here is were all the bonemen reside as well as a significant portion of the houses military forces and a large number of warmounts. brain eater Darrell also resides in the mausoleum on this level. the second level houses much of the storage, warmounts, wendigo offices, dungeons, breading/housing for the lamias, and gardens. the second brain eater resides on this level. the third level is were the majority of the zombies are, and is were all the children are located, there is also a school, hospital, and even a market. each level contains 3 blood drinkers, and housing for all personnel. overall it is quite spacious and kept very clean. heading up to the surface from the first level are the shafts, with the entrances on the surface hidden, making them almost impossible to find if you don't know were to look. halfway up the shafts are the house made tunnels, witch extend outward to secret entrances linked to the old pre nexus tunnels so that the dark one can move his forces in and out of the area without drawing attention to the houses actual location. the surface is were the gatormen spend most of there time tending to the surface defenses, though they are under strict order not to use them. this is again done to keep from drawing attention to the swamp. what is probably one of the dark ones most ingenious ideas was to bring in the gene-thieves to the swamp, this was done to help divert attention away as well, because he knows that the machine knows that they are on the resistances s#!t list, and are given special status by nexus. even though house necropolis isn't the biggest, strongest, or best house. it is probable one of the most secure and safest, do in no small part to the efforts of the dark one.
eertbarc
D-Bee

GOVERNMENT
house necropolis, like the other houses is first and foremost dictatorship. though it appears to resemble more of a medieval monarchy, with the dark one reining supreme. there is a council of overseers that see to the everyday affairs of the house, each one from a different class and responsible for a different area of the house. every week the overseers meet and discuses new and old business and insure the safety and security of the house. each overseer is specially selected by the dark one based on ability and skill. the dark one can, if he feels that the overseer is failing to do a his/her job properly, immediately revoke their status. this is a very serious consequence as it results in the stripping of all rank, title, and privilege and possible conversion into a stein. this has only happened once since his ascension.
Last edited by eertbarc on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eertbarc
D-Bee

GOVERNMENT PART 2 (the overseers)
there is Michael the blind(owlman), overseer of the owlmen and master of recon; Shirlene the kind (Jekyll),[wife to Dave] overseer of the jeckylls, hydes, ghouls, and of the hospital; Dave the smart(hyde),[husband to Sherline] overseer of currency; Mary the generous(zombie),[wife to Kerry] overseer of the market; Kerry the fair(wendigo), [husband to Mary] overseer of the wedigos and the dungeons; Richard the swift(yowie),[husband to Michel] overseer of the yowies; Michelle the strong(stregoi), [wife to Richard] overseer of the stregoi; Alexis the houndmaster(loup-garou), overseer of the loup-garou and worgs; Quintin the tough(boneman), overseer of the bonemen, steins, and zombies; Daemon the sly(leatherface), overseer of the leatherfaces and keeper of the rite of blood; Gene the schoolmaster(zombie),overseer of the school, library and keeper of history; Deloris the strict(gator(ahem)woman), overseer of the gatormen, snappers, and keeper of the gardens; Mona the crafter(zombie),overseer of architecture and lady of murals; Scott the wise(wraith), overseer and head of the order of the revenant; Martin the steady(swarm lord), overseer of swarm lords, and serkets; Jay the humble(goblin tamer), overseer of the goblins and envoy of the blood drinkers; Mike the herder(zombie),overseer of the lamia herds; Frann the fierce(horseman) overseer of war; Melody the scary(horseman), overseer of death; George the just(horseman), overseer of famine; Nikki the survivor(horseman), overseer of pestilence; and the dark one, ruler of the house, overseer of the reapers, the brain-eaters, the gene-thieves, master of deception, provider of safety, and the last authority of all.

more to come... :bandit:
Last edited by eertbarc on Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
eertbarc
D-Bee

SOCIETY
before the ascension of the dark one house necropolis was just like every other miner house out there. they wanted to destroy the machine, but the losses and setbacks prevented them from gaining any momentum in their battles. the living conditions were rather poor and the house was on the brink of collapse. after his ascension things changed, instead of focusing on gorilla war against nexus. they shifted to intelligence and reconnaissance, seeking not to beat her through battle, but through knowledge. focusing heavily on misdirection, fear tactics and plain old trickery to insure that they remain hidden. so the dark one instigated many reforms, first the complete and total disappearance of the house from the radar of not only the machine but the resistance as well. he knew that such an act would cut the house off from support but would make every one think the house had ben destroyed. after moving to the area beneath kali's swamp he had a school and hospital built in order to raze the education, health and morality of the house. the average education level now is about that of a 12th grade education, focusing a lot on common sense(it even has a class called such). at the age of 12 all children are placed in an apprenticeship in order to maximize their education. he also banned the use and ownership of all non organic technology, which met with surprisingly little resistance. the next step was the rebuilding and redesigning of the houses forces in order to separate itself from the other houses. while they have separated themselves from the resistance it does not mean that they do not assist them, though the assistance usually comes in the form of packet of Intel dropped near the houses patrol routes. they have also very rarely come to the rescue of forces from the resistance against machine, but afterwards always leave without a word or even recognition of the resistances forces. their goal is the destruction of nexus not the other houses. in this the fear tactics used by house necropolis are 2 fold, to attempt to intimidate the machine and prevent the other houses from getting to close. the last thing they want is a blood feud as it would be a waste of resources. the house is also very excepting of its non human members, seeing them as steps toward a better humanity. they also are more accepting of things the other houses would usually never consider, like the gene-thieves, which are rapidly gaining acceptance. the house is also heavily militarized, with nearly everyone owning and trained to use mega damage weapons and armor. thus house necropolis has flourished again and they intend to continue on, forever a force not to dissimilar to undeath, never to die and forever to live.
eertbarc
D-Bee

you know, I forgot something when I started this post.
I would like to thank and reference all the people that indirectly contributed to house necropolis. I know slappy is one of them and there are a few others I cant remember off the top of my head. its mostly because I used many of the forum material in my house and wanted to make sure I didn't make any one feel as if I was cheating them. if u spot one of your creations mentioned please tell me and I will add ur name to the list. and I thank u all for any and all help that u have provided directly or indirectly.
:bandit:
eertbarc
D-Bee

HISTORY
7 years ago a small house by the name of house daekon was on the brink of collapse. nexus had been driving forward with an intensity rarely seen in this age. it had brought the house to the edge, starvation, disease, and heavy losses had caused moral to plummet. worse yet, warlord daekon ignored these signs and continued a mad campaign against her and continued his feuds with the other houses as if nothing was wrong. this continued for some time until on fateful day a young dreadguard returned to the house, battered and nearly broken after a particularly futile battle. he reported that the machine was nearly at their door, but when the warlord scoffed at this claim and scolded him for not dying with the rest of his squad, this lone dreadguard realized if something wasn't done that his entire house would be destroyed. he looked up and asked if the warlord would accompany him to the surface so that he may commit suicide and save his honor. warlord daekon, seeing the young mans condition and still believing that he was invincible, accepted the young warriors request and accompanied him to the surface, alone. when they reached the surface the warlord stepped forward, turning his back on the dreadguard as he waited for the young pup to end his life. this was the last mistake he ever made. as the warlord stared out across the landscape, seeing the robots only about 5 miles off, failed to see the actions of the dreadguard behind him. in a furious charge forward, grabbing a piece of sharpened pipe, knowing he only had seconds to spare, ram the metal threw the warlord ribs. using all his might he forced it threw the host armor and straight into the warlords heart. as the man fell to his knees, the nanobots beginning to tear him apart from the inside out, the dreadguard stood and watched silently as the man he had once called father die before him. but he did not have time to waste as he turned and raced back into the house. he appeared before the other remaining dreadguards and began in earnest to explain his plan to save the house from total destruction. none of the others opposed him, for they understood that this was their darkest hour and to argue meant they would all die. they gathered all the explosives they could find and gathered them at the center of the house. at the same time all the rest of the houses forces and civilians gathered at the houses border with all the warmounts that they could muster, and began to dig.
eertbarc
D-Bee

HISTORY PART 2
it seamed like an eternity as they moved slowly forward threw the earth. young daekon new that his plan only had a slim chance of working, but it was all he had. he had no options left, he had to do it, the sacrifice that his comrades would hopefully make nexus believe that she had destroyed the entire house and would allow the remaining survivors to escape. as he felt the shock waves threw the ground he could see in his minds eye the other as they battled, down to the last, just before the fire engulfed them, the robots, and what was left of what was once his home. in the weeks that fallowed he lead his people threw the dirt, seeking a knew place to settle. he had long ago found a place to go, but he had hoped to never use that option. but alas one does not always get what one wants, and it was in his mind the only option left to him. he moved forth, his house in tow, until they came upon the remains of an old building long sunk into the ground by the mud and water of the swamp above. he ordered the remaining people of the house into the old mausoleum, and commanded the few tunnel rats at his disposal to sink it even further, further than even he thought they could go. after months of gathering food, medicine and finding a place for the gene-pool that was about to hatch, he stepped forth into the main chamber and looked upon the wall at a mural of a skeletal figure draped in long dark robes wielding a large curved blade at the end of a staff. his thoughts wondered back to when he had first seen that image, the days both his mother and father had passed. 2 dreadgaurds approached him and addressed him, "warlord daekon, what are your orders?" he stood their a moment before ascending the stares to the image, and as he stood there, he turned to the others and said in a tone that made them shudder "do not call me by that title, for I have not earned it, nor refer to me by that name for it is the name of a fool, and it died with him. I have no name, no title. I am the inheritor of the darkness, keeper of the dead, and the start of a new line. I am the first, the last. I am the reaper, and today begins my reign". as he finished this sentence he saw the new spark of black fire alight in his peoples eyes as they bowed to one knee before him. and so began the rule of the dark one.
MethosDarkblade
Wanderer
Comment: The Dark General of the Apocalypse and the right hand man to the Horseman of Death

Unread post by MethosDarkblade »

Necropolis is pretty cool. How would they deal with the House Espada Pride Lords and Tigres?
Methos Darkblade

If you smell who the rat is cooking.

Super or otherwise, you are just a man, while I am a God!
-Darkseid

That was fairly ruthless father. I hope I made you proud.
-Aqualad

Always better to crash the mode
-Impulse
eertbarc
D-Bee

MethosDarkblade wrote:Necropolis is pretty cool. How would they deal with the House Espada Pride Lords and Tigres?

after reviewing your house and the pack lords and tigres, most likely they would avoid any contact. unless they were in a one sided battle against the nexus (were witch they would likely intervene to assist), they would follow, asses and report back to the dark one on any useful info, and take it from there.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Would this house make something along the lines of the blob?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
eertbarc
D-Bee

abe wrote:Would this house make something along the lines of the blob?

after reading this I toyed around with the idea of a blob like viral bio-weapon that consumes metal and self propagates in a similar manner to the movie but I'm not exactly shirr how to stat it out or if such a weapon might be unbalancing, or if it would violate the forum rules.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

how about a unuiqe occ the lich! a sorta reborn saint. (maybe)
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

eertbarc wrote:
abe wrote:Would this house make something along the lines of the blob?

after reading this I toyed around with the idea of a blob like viral bio-weapon that consumes metal and self propagates in a similar manner to the movie but I'm not exactly shirr how to stat it out or if such a weapon might be unbalancing, or if it would violate the forum rules.

acturally you could control the "blob" by using a bio-inginered cold dealing weapon!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Any new thoughts on the subject?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!

Return to “Splicers®”