Cerberus WM

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Cerberus WM

Unread post by krispy »

this is another creation of H. Nekrys

Cerberus WM (with Kharon & Hell Spawn)

'Even in death...we serve' Nekrys saying

Based on the Dracos, this wingless WM looks more like the worm heads in the game Dante’s Inferno

The Cerberus is a multipurpose WM.

1. To eat the recent fallen (friend & foe alike) devouring all organic material on the battlefield (WM, HA, B, R, etc) it can and deliver the processed matter to the Engineers

This WM has a fast metabolism a huge stomach & large storage bladders for the processed matter for the Engineer (the tail also acts as a storage bladder for processed matter)

2. Create 'Hell Spawn'

MDC of Cerberus
Tail: 360
Clawed Feet (6): 110 each
Legs (6): 260 each
Necks (3 long): 270 each
Heads (3) heavily reinforced: 220 each
Main Body: 880
Pods (8, 4 on each side): 200 each
Rider’s war saddle: 110
War Platform (for the 2 Death Lords*): 350

Much like the Ganesh WM Cerberus has 8 pods (4 each side) but these pods aren’t for healing or for transport. Instead they house a modified alien organism (the one used to create the Gorehound) to create the Hell Spawn (a Big THANK YOU to Kevarin for this part of the WM design)

Running: 100mph maximum, with a normal cruising speed of 50mph
Leaping: not possible
Digging: 20mph in sand or dirt, & half in clay, rocky or stone
Swimming: can only paddle on the surface at a speed of 10mph
Flying: not Possible

Statistical Data:
Height: 11 feet at the shoulders, 23 feet to the top of the head
Width: 15 feet from shoulder to shoulder
Length: 23 feet from chest to rump, plus another 23 feet for the tail
Weight: 7 tons

Cargo: 8.5 tons can be carried/strapped to the Cerberus

Physical Strength: 1D6 + 44
Production Cycle: 5 years gestation, plus 8 years growth
Operational Lifetime: 55 years
Trade Value: I doubt many would want this WM

Bio-Regeneration: 5D6 per hour for the main body & 3D6 per hour for all other locations

Horror factor: 16 due to the nature of what the Cerberus does and its link with the Death Lords
Senses & features: standard for WM
Feeding: the metabolism of the WM is that of Detritivore (Guy_LeDouche) devouring decomposing matter. This "matter" can include anything organic; rotting leaves, an animal carcass, even fecal matter
& needs to eat 150kg of matter a day

Sleeping Requirements: the WM only requires 4 hours sleep per day

Attributes: same as dracos except the speed, as the Cerberus cant fly

Number of Attacks: 6

Combat Bonuses, Equivalent Skills & Combat Capabilities
: Follow Dracos

Bio-weapon Systems

1.Resin Ducts (6): each head has 2 resin ducts that can be fired at the same target. All 3 heads can fire at the same target

Range: 50m Payload: each Resin Duct has 8 shots per hour

2.Viral Immobilizer (3): each head has one of these neglected weapon systems

Range: 152m Rate of Fire: 2 shots per melee round each counting as one attack
Payload: each head has 24 doses available and with each spent does being replenished every hour

3. Shard Breath (3): instead of the mighty flame breath of the Dracos. to match the style of the Cerberus they are given 'Shard Breath' which is a beefed up version of the Shard Rifle

Damage: 5D12 Range: 65m and 1.5m wide

Payload: each head has enough bone material stored for 12 shots each

Other Abilities:

1. Create ‘Hell Spawn’ (would prefer a different name but coming up blank)

Within the pods, Cerberus can created these modified alien organisms that remain suspended in the pods slime medium where they patiently wait till they are given the necessary parts to build their body

Each pod houses one of these organisms, with another 8 in a gestation sac that can be distributed to a pod when the Hell Spawn exits. This gives a total of 16 Hell Spawn that can be initially created

When the pods are clear and the gestation sac begins to empty, the WM starts to grow more Spawn. it takes 36 hours and 300lbs of organic matter to grow one Hell Spawn.

Hell Spawn are created by merging this alien organism & the remains of fallen Roughnecks, Biotics (preferred), dreadguard pilots (not the HA).

The alien organism is given the same Bio-mass Assimilation ability of its brethren, the Reaper SJ & Corruptor WM

When the necessary parts are put into the pod the alien organism begins to bond/merge with the parts and then…hell is unleashed. Basically the combination is a humanoid beastman

The creation of the organisms by the WM bonds them to the WM and they are commanded by the Outriders

SDC human base (the MDC is basically the organism that wraps around and envelopes the parts)
MDC of Hell Spawn
MB: 200
Head: 80
Arms: 90
Hands: 20
Legs: 120
Feet: 30

If Biotic parts are available to make the Spawn then the base MDC is
MDC of Hell Spawn
MB: 300
Head: 120
Arms: 135
Hands: 30
Legs: 180
Feet: 45

When available the Bio-Weapons used by Roughnecks are placed into the pods and merged with the organism (maximum of 2 weapons) NOTE: only bio-weapons can be used not ones ripped off a biotic or HA as the organism doesn’t have the genesis nodes. The exception to this is bone blades, horns, spikes, quills

They also pick up and use bio-weapons from the battlefield

PS: 30 Splicers PP: 18, PE: 20
Speed: 100mph
Leaping: 12 feet across or up, 18 feet across of up with a run up
Swim: 30mph
Fly: can't fly

Cap on the amount of Hell Spawn:

Due to the nature of Bio-mass Assimilation the dead tissue used in the creation of Hell Spawn body only lasts 6 + 1D8 days in which case the alien organism sheds the rotting flesh and crawls back into the pods of the Cerberus

The Cerberus is designed to cap the amount of Alien organisms it creates at 20 to a max of 24

Initially the WM has 16 alien organisms for the creation of Hell Spawn: 1 for each of the pods & another 8 in the gestation sac. Once these 16 Hell Spawn are created the Cerberus will only produce a maximum of another 8 alien organisms (which will take 12 days and 2400lbs of matter)

The availability of viable dead humans and the duration in which the tissue can be sustained limits the total number of Hell Spawn per Cerberus, usually caps them at 20 to a max of 24 (initial 16, then 6 days to grow 4 more and the tissue that is bonded to the initial Hell Spawn lasts 6 + 1D8 days)

2.Create Kharon: Along the base of the tail there are a series of 8 depressions. These depressions house a creature that is created by the WM. The Charon (or Kharon) they can simply be described as land octopus/squid nicknamed Kharon after the ferryman in Greek mythology who would ferry the dead across the river Styx.

The Kharon inspect the fallen, select, prepare and deliver the required pieces to the pods for the Hell Spawn

Only 8 Kharon can be made at one time (one per depression) and only replaced when they die (takes 36 hours to grow another Kharon)

Kharon MDC
MB – 100
Beaked Maw: 30
Barbed Tentacles (8) – 25 each
Eyes (6) – 15 each

PS: 25 Splicer, PP: 20, PE: 16
Speed: 45mph
Swim: 20mph
Leap: ………
Dig: can’t dig
Fly: can’t fly

Kharon have exceptional senses to analyze the bodies of the fallen to determine the viability of the flesh for the Hell Spawn

Smell: equal to that of a Blood Hound

3. the WM is also charged with the task of obtaining Bio-matter for the Engineers Gene-pools so this WM will eat everything organic, though it mainly eats fallen Splicers, and much like the Metamorph the WM has a series of internal storage bladders that expand to store the vast amount of organic matter

The Wm can store up to 5 ton of organic matter for the Engineers but deduct this amount from how much the WM can carry

Note: only one Outrider is assigned to the WM and the other 2 are not Outriders but a type of Packmaster called the Death Lords and they are the ones who command the Hell Spawn
this pairing of WM & PM makes for a devastating foe
Last edited by krispy on Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Re: Cerberus WM

Unread post by boxee »

Seems a bit over powered. Creates monsters on the fly? Does it control them? Do they have a limited time then "die"? Is this just for gamemasters or are you thinking of players using them?
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

boxee wrote:Seems a bit over powered. Creates monsters on the fly? Does it control them? Do they have a limited time then "die"? Is this just for gamemasters or are you thinking of players using them?

the Dracos can carry 18 ready troops (12 on clamps & 6 on its back) this WM has to find enough resources (humans) to build the 16 Spawn and then it takes another 48 hours before another Spawn is made

it does say in the original post that the 3 Outriders command them

it is a slow WM, it can't fly, it doesnt have many initial weapons

it is still rusty and needs work

i had considered the Spawn to be permanent till they are killed
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

permanantly bonded as in they are a part of it?
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

boxee wrote:permanantly bonded as in they are a part of it?

they are able to roam free but stay close to their maker (mother)

the bond is an extension of the bond between an outrider and their WM or dreadguard and HA, like a packmaster and their gorehounds
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

krispy wrote:
boxee wrote:permanantly bonded as in they are a part of it?

they are able to roam free but stay close to their maker (mother)

the bond is an extension of the bond between an outrider and their WM or dreadguard and HA, like a packmaster and their gorehounds

Cool, well it looks interesting, still waiting for you to reveal the house info. :)
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

boxee wrote:Cool, well it looks interesting, still waiting for you to reveal the house info. :)

i was trying to give this WM a supporting role not a front line nor artillery nor transport but something that could clean up after a battle (can't waste resources) while also slightly bolstering troop numbers (Spawn are kept in Bio-comm range)

im getting there with the House info. hopefully in the next couple of weeks. i dont always hit home runs with my ideas and i have to throw it out and go back to the drawing board or give it an overhaul.

at the moment the House has:

Reaper Skinjob
Corruptor WM
Dark Librarian
Harpy & Vulture HA
Howler Biotic
Cerberus WM
Absorption HA (adopted from Kevarin)
Last edited by krispy on Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
connecting the dots
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

interesting idea will think it over but looks like a pretty decent warmount but what do you mean by the outriders being bonded to it ?
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

kevarin wrote:interesting idea will think it over but looks like a pretty decent warmount but what do you mean by the outriders being bonded to it ?

i didnt explain that properly. my bad. 3 outriders are assigned to the WM and each can sit in the saddle and command the WM. when one of them is in the saddle the other 2 either stand on the war platform and command the Spawn or walk along side the WM

i was thinking of making the same imprint between HA & Dreadguard with this WM & its Outriders

with this WM, i was trying to create a Splicer version of a greater demon in the alternate Dead Reign setting where it would eat livng people and poo out zombies (awesome). whilst trying to stick with a main H. Nekrys theme of using the dead
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

krispy wrote:
kevarin wrote:interesting idea will think it over but looks like a pretty decent warmount but what do you mean by the outriders being bonded to it ?

i didnt explain that properly. my bad. 3 outriders are assigned to the WM and each can sit in the saddle and command the WM. when one of them is in the saddle the other 2 either stand on the war platform and command the Spawn or walk along side the WM

i was thinking of making the same imprint between HA & Dreadguard with this WM & its Outriders

with this WM, i was trying to create a Splicer version of a greater demon in the alternate Dead Reign setting where it would eat livng people and poo out zombies (awesome). whilst trying to stick with a main H. Nekrys theme of using the dead

For the spawn you could use necrobot and necroborg, just special effect it to make them non nanotech.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

boxee wrote:
krispy wrote:
For the spawn you could use necrobot and necroborg, just special effect it to make them non nanotech.

thats an interesting angle, i hadnt thought of that.....how would you get past all the metal pieces on them :?:

a WM that converts necroborgs/necrobots to Splicer equivalent

it would be interseting if the pods acted like a mulcher/wood chipper where you put the necroborg/necrobot in, it neutralizes the nanite via the slime medium then spits out all the metal bits before the alien organism bonds with the human remains

or simply the WM eats the necroborg/necrobot, neutralzes the nanites, strips the metal off the corpse, spits the metal out through a type of gill then the alien organism can bond and is released, reborn as a Hell Spawn
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

krispy wrote:
boxee wrote:
krispy wrote:

thats an interesting angle, i hadnt thought of that.....how would you get past all the metal pieces on them :?:

a WM that converts necroborgs/necrobots to Splicer equivalent

it would be interseting if the pods acted like a mulcher/wood chipper where you put the necroborg/necrobot in, it neutralizes the nanite via the slime medium then spits out all the metal bits before the alien organism bonds with the human remains

or simply the WM eats the necroborg/necrobot, neutralzes the nanites, strips the metal off the corpse, spits the metal out through a type of gill then the alien organism can bond and is released, reborn as a Hell Spawn

Well the idea was just use the stats for quick easy use. Replace the nanite with necrosis virus that animates the bodies and "teethers" them to the creating WM.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

I agree with Boxee, I would also suggest avoiding the Necroborgs and Necrobot experimentation all together and simply have the Great House devise or specialize in some form of Necrosis virus/version/facet of Biotech that supposedly re-animates things. Necroborgs and Necrobots are specifically renaimated by nanobots, so undoing this is not going to get you the result I think you are looking for.

Not to mention deactivating nanobots is something that the Resistance is dealing with the entire setting and once you begin to fix a major issue of the setting then you begin to fix the game or take away a major facet of it, IMHO.

Devising some biotech version or equivalent stimulated idea of necromancy however just might get the job done. I would suspect that other Great Houses would express major concerns throughout the Resistance with such biotech experimentations and where this is possibly leading humanity, but hey soldiers have to come from somewhere and simply breeding humans is not going to get the job done fast enough in a numbers game when the Machine outputs millions at a factory on a constant and shorter time span basis.

As to the Outriders being bonded, are they bonded like the Outriders in the Krakens or are they bonded together to control the Cerberus various features and who controls the kharons?

BTW, Cool Name for a WM! I had a tank like WM idea using Cerberus as a name & ideology as well, may still cook it up some day.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

boxee wrote:Well the idea was just use the stats for quick easy use. Replace the nanite with necrosis virus that animates the bodies and "teethers" them to the creating WM.

ok i get it now...i interpreted that completely wrong :thwak:
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Premier wrote:I agree with Boxee, I would also suggest avoiding the Necroborgs and Necrobot experimentation all together and simply have the Great House devise or specialize in some form of Necrosis virus/version/facet of Biotech that supposedly re-animates things. Necroborgs and Necrobots are specifically renaimated by nanobots, so undoing this is not going to get you the result I think you are looking for.

Not to mention deactivating nanobots is something that the Resistance is dealing with the entire setting and once you begin to fix a major issue of the setting then you begin to fix the game or take away a major facet of it, IMHO.

Devising some biotech version or equivalent stimulated idea of necromancy however just might get the job done. I would suspect that other Great Houses would express major concerns throughout the Resistance with such biotech experimentations and where this is possibly leading humanity, but hey soldiers have to come from somewhere and simply breeding humans is not going to get the job done fast enough in a numbers game when the Machine outputs millions at a factory on a constant and shorter time span basis.

As to the Outriders being bonded, are they bonded like the Outriders in the Krakens or are they bonded together to control the Cerberus various features and who controls the kharons?

BTW, Cool Name for a WM! I had a tank like WM idea using Cerberus as a name & ideology as well, may still cook it up some day.

i totally misinterpreted what Boxee was getting at...so disregard all those ideas for converting NEXUS necro creations

i was trying to create something like a Splicer version of the necroborg/necrobot by using the modified alien organism that goes into the Gorehound but bind it with remains of the dead to create reanimated beast soldiers

the Outriders are not physically bonded to the WM like the Kraken, i imagined an imprint between riders and WM, no actual permanent physical bonding, so the 2 that arent piloting the WM can command the Kharon & Spawn and help defend the WM
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Did you look at what i sent to you?
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

boxee wrote:Did you look at what i sent to you?

i have, yes, i was going to PM you later tonight. but i will just reply in ur thread instead :)
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

krispy wrote:
boxee wrote:Did you look at what i sent to you?

i have, yes, i was going to PM you later tonight. but i will just reply in ur thread instead :)

Sounds great. :)
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

i just checked my OP and i just realised where i put that NB regarding the 3 Outriders i typed bonded instead of assigned

it has been edited
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

krispy wrote:i just checked my OP and i just realised where i put that NB regarding the 3 Outriders i typed bonded instead of assigned

it has been edited

Ok question, this is a warmount, is this the choosen warmount of the outriders, or just a warmount they can use? Is it the choosen of one outrider who shares it with the other house members.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

boxee wrote:Ok question, this is a warmount, is this the chosen warmount of the outriders, or just a warmount they can use? Is it the chosen of one outrider who shares it with the other house members.

we all know that Outriders have one WM that is their personal WM, but they can ride any WM but without the benefits of the Personal WM Bonuses....so any Outrider can ride this WM but...i imagine a trio of Outriders that work as a team and are give a personal WM and are given an imprint similar to the Dreadguard & their HA which enables them to command the Kharon & Spawn.

if one of the 3 Outriders is killed another joins the trio and is imprinted to the WM
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

ive edited it now but i forgot to ad in my OP that the Cerberus has 'Shard Breath'
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Looks good, I like what you did with them.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Cool. I like this. Do you have any more refinements on it?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Aramanthus wrote:Cool. I like this. Do you have any more refinements on it?

thanks mate

you know what, i was only looking through my old stuff about a week ago and was thinking that i had to fininsh them off

i have a few days off soon, i will try to put some time towards my material
connecting the dots
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

That sounds great Krispy! I'm looking forward to seeing these updates.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Aramanthus wrote:That sounds great Krispy! I'm looking forward to seeing these updates.

did a small edit on the WM

and a slight change of direction, instead of 3 Outriders being assigned there is only one and the other 2 are a Packmaster variant called Death Lords that command the Hell Spawn
connecting the dots
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Was just thinking about this and thought it could be very powerful as the outriders get their extra Bio-E. So one mount with three riders pouring their points into it!!!!
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

boxee wrote:Was just thinking about this and thought it could be very powerful as the outriders get their extra Bio-E. So one mount with three riders pouring their points into it!!!!

I realised that after i designed the WM and i thought that would make it too powerful so as i stated in the post above there is only one Outrider for the WM and the other 2 are a Packmaster variant called Death Lords that command the Hell Spawn
so now there is only 1 lot of Bio-E for Enhancements
connecting the dots
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Cerberus (hades dog) had 3 heads, maybe your Cerberus could have 1-2 extra heads as a specific reward for good service?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

abe wrote:Cerberus (hades dog) had 3 heads, maybe your Cerberus could have 1-2 extra heads as a specific reward for good service?

I don't see why not mate. maybe at level 6 and level 12 they receive an additional head to reflect their experience.

and to help balance it out, they do not receive any bio-e for level 6 or 7, nor for level 12 & 13..... possibly even 6-8 and 12-14
connecting the dots
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

krispy wrote:
abe wrote:Cerberus (hades dog) had 3 heads, maybe your Cerberus could have 1-2 extra heads as a specific reward for good service?

I don't see why not mate. maybe at level 6 and level 12 they receive an additional head to reflect their experience.

and to help balance it out, they do not receive any bio-e for level 6 or 7, nor for level 12 & 13..... possibly even 6-8 and 12-14

I just remembered that the Cerberus (hades dog) also had a snake for a tail, maybe you could add that to the base model or use it as a bio-e attachment?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

ever think of doing bio-tech based upon other mythological creatures, say a gorgon ray that freezes macheenes in there tracks or temporarily(at least) turns off the nano-plauge, or a gps type of system so they can get out of maze type circumstances quickly like a minutaur?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

abe wrote:ever think of doing bio-tech based upon other mythological creatures, say a gorgon ray that freezes macheenes in there tracks or temporarily(at least) turns off the nano-plauge, or a gps type of system so they can get out of maze type circumstances quickly like a minutaur?

I have based some of my other Splicer creations upon mythological creatures... some of them you can find on the board... others i have in my personal collection (a fair few within H. Necrys, Myre & Skyrus, Lebryntha and Red Sands) that i have kept off the board as i have seriously considered consolidating all that material for a future submission.

but that wont be for quite a while. i am nearly finished with my H. Pandorum expansion article that i will submit for the Rifter.... and i have another BIG Splicer project that i will be diving into (already written a ton for it) the moment i finish Pandorum 2
connecting the dots
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

krispy wrote:
abe wrote:ever think of doing bio-tech based upon other mythological creatures, say a gorgon ray that freezes macheenes in there tracks or temporarily(at least) turns off the nano-plauge, or a gps type of system so they can get out of maze type circumstances quickly like a minutaur?

I have based some of my other Splicer creations upon mythological creatures... some of them you can find on the board... others i have in my personal collection (a fair few within H. Necrys, Myre & Skyrus, Lebryntha and Red Sands) that i have kept off the board as i have seriously considered consolidating all that material for a future submission.

but that wont be for quite a while. i am nearly finished with my H. Pandorum expansion article that i will submit for the Rifter.... and i have another BIG Splicer project that i will be diving into (already written a ton for it) the moment i finish Pandorum 2

how are you coming along with the project?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

abe wrote:how are you coming along with the project?

I finished House Pandorum 2 and submitted it a while ago. We will just have to wait and see whether it gets published in the rifter.
I've already dived into my other project which is going along quite well
connecting the dots

Return to “Splicers®”