new enhancement-silly string

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

new enhancement-silly string

Unread post by abe »

silly string shooter-basically allows you to shoot out a LARGE amount of a silly string type of substance entrapping opponents!
tell me what you think of this offering.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: new enhancement-silly string

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

:lol: There's ALWAYS room for Silly String!! A thousand and one uses!
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Any other thoughts on this enhancement?
What would be the uses for silly string anyway?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

bump?
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

I see this as derived from a spider's spinneret, a small bulb-like creature with vestigial spider-limbs (they grip onto a user's belt using these, they are not large enough or strong enough to enable self-locomotion). About the size of a normal plum & dubbed a 'squirt', they can launch a sticky, non-toxic streamer of spider-silk webbing for at least two meters. When aimed & launched, then can hinder a target's sight (organic or robotic) for several minutes until carefully removed. The webbing does eventually crust & fall apart after about one hour. A 'squirt' creature can launch a payload of it's webbing about four times a day.
If used as an impromptu grenade, the user, when priming the creature's 'grenade-mode', gently kisses a small bald spot on the top of it's body before tossing it. The contact of the thrower's lips sends a bio-chemical signal to the creature's tiny brain, causing it to build up it's naturally generated & contained air 'puff' to the point of popping. When the creature lands on it's target, it's legs clamp down on the spot when it touches & inflates quickly, popping & scattering it's ropy webbing in every open direction. The effect is the same as above.

'Squirts' have become quite popular with young children & some teenage members of some Houses, leading to the development of a training game called 'Squirt-Tag'. Some Houses have further popularized these little creatures by enabling the creature to tag a scent to it's webbing (most scents are foul-smelling, but some are quite nice). Warmount-Trainers and Gorehound Masters have used Squirts in teaching cubs & litters how to track & differentiate scents.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Return to “Splicers®”