Boi-E $?

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Htoad2020
D-Bee

Boi-E $?

Unread post by Htoad2020 »

How much is 1 Bio-e in credits $?
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Re: Boi-E $?

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Each Bio-Enhancement in the Splicers Main Book has a Bio-E points cost, but nothing in credits.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Htoad2020
D-Bee

Unread post by Htoad2020 »

Can someone tell me what a Bio-E cost is in credits that is not in the main book?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Htoad2020 wrote:Can someone tell me what a Bio-E cost is in credits that is not in the main book?

I don't believe there is a equivalency.
The closest I think there is to such a grading is that there are some similar bio systems In Powers Unlimited Two(under the Eugenics Heroes tables) that have costs, and one can attempt to work out some rough average prices, but those are SDC creations, and the price in dollars.

I figure that if the PCs are going to try to purchase biotech from a House, and are figuring it on a Bio-E basis, it can become a GM-overseen point of haggling, and depending on House and circumstance, the price can be quite high.

Otherwise, you're on your own figuring out equivalencies.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Since I realized I'm probably going to have Splicers biotech being traded on the local market in my Rifts'verse......
Okay. did some paging between Splicers MB and PU2 and did some math comparing generally similar Eugenic/Genetic features.
Comparing Prehensile Feet, Horns, Extra Eyes, Chemical Spray, and Super Light Cells, I gota range of Bio-E to credits(ignoring HU’s SDC to Splicer’s MDC for the sake of simplicity) I got a range of 10,000 -30,000 credits...or a general average of 27,000 credits to the Bio-E.

1 Bio-E point= 10,000(prehensile feet)-25,000(horns)-30,000(extra eyes/super light cells) credits

Sounds good?
Problem is, that’s a limited sample, so i punched in Bio-Regeneration, Super, at 7 million dollars to 30 Bio-E and wound up with 233,000 credits per Bio-E, which blows the above average out of the water.
So frankly expect that the more powerful biotech(like Omega Blasters and Stealth) is going to potentially cost 10x the average Bio-E rate .

The above rate also doesn't mesh with the given prices of some of the Splicer weaponry(16,000 credits, for example, for a Pod Rifle), but we can assume that the weapons in the SMB are mass production designs, and that the price has gone down because of streamlined forced-growth, and the Houses giving themselves healthy discounts .
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

I doubt that most enhancements *have* a price in credits, or at least, not a reasonable one. at best, I would expect that those prices taalismn proposed might be for buying a piece of equipment second-hand, in cases where that is even possible, where you probably have little to no control over what the enhancements are and are just lucky enough to pick up whatever someone has looted. that would still leave popular enhancements being worth more since more people want them, whereas probably comparatively few people are interested in, say, the addition of (essentially) a flashlight to your gorehound in comparison to the number of people who would like to get a gorehound with a stealth field.

custom enhancements take a fair amount of time from some really high-profile people (engineers, librarians, geneticists, etc). these people are generally speaking already busy doing a lot of things, including scheming for whatever it is that *they* want, and most of the stuff they want that can be bought with credits has probably already been bought with credits.

instead, I would expect that the price to buy bio-e (at least in the form of custom enhancements) is measured in favours. if you want something big, you'd better be willing to do something really impressive, because you can bet that the most powerful people in each community are interested in getting their hands on those same resources you're looking for, either for themselves or to secure their family's continued prominence.
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

There's an article in Rifter 0 detailing BIO-E used solely on hand-held weapons where the purchase price, when a given house allows soldiers to buy them in the first place, is 1:100 credits. I'd say purchasing BIO-E for Host Armor (say, from a Geneticist) shouldn't generally be an option.

Return to “Splicers®”