Twins...

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirSpamHammer
Explorer

Twins...

Unread post by SirSpamHammer »

Do we have rules for rolling up characters that are twin siblings?

Otherwise, I would just assume that you roll on one set of stats for both of them together. Since they might be identical...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Twins...

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No rules to role up twins, far as I know.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

SirSpamHammer wrote:Do we have rules for rolling up characters that are twin siblings?

Otherwise, I would just assume that you roll on one set of stats for both of them together. Since they might be identical...

No rules but shouldn't be a big deal. I had two players in college that wanted twins, wulfen ones. What we decided was they rolled attributes plus stats like height and weight and then we rolled for 2 or 3 stats that were slightly different. A couple of attributes that were 1 or 2 points different, maybe one is an inch taller, they also had different psionic powers. After that though everything was individually rolled so the bonuses from gymnastics were individual as well as the 1D6 that you roll to add to PE for HP. I think we also did SDC as individual as well. Basically anything from birth they rolled together, anything that came about after they rolled separate.

They only played a few scenarios but it wasn't that big of a deal to let them do it.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

SirSpamHammer wrote:Do we have rules for rolling up characters that are twin siblings?

For non-identical twins I would just roll them up as individuals just like any other characters (except for taking into account their backgrounds, land of origin, etc. - presuming they were raised together)

For identical twins I would roll up a single set of attributes for both characters, but everything else from then on (except for background, etc.) I would treat separately.

There were rules in TMNT & Other Strangeness for characters that were siblings who were raised together. Some of it is mutant-animal-specific, but the rest not. It had things like sharing bonus rolls on attributes, and bonuses for choosing the same skills (the idea being that you trained together all your lives and that made you better). I don't remember all the details, sorry.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

I decided to make them identical twins and yes, I did only roll up one set of stats for both of them. I'm happy enough with that.

Just one thing, though. Is it possible for male and female siblings to be identical twins?

I know that sounds dumb, but I really mean them to be statistically identical...
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

SirSpamHammer wrote:I decided to make them identical twins and yes, I did only roll up one set of stats for both of them. I'm happy enough with that.

Just one thing, though. Is it possible for male and female siblings to be identical twins?

I know that sounds dumb, but I really mean them to be statistically identical...

From what I have read biological gender would be the same as identical twins would have identical DNA, including sex chromosomes. Differences in DNA would mean simply fraternal twins.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
SirSpamHammer
Explorer

So, I really need to roll another set of statistics for the other twin...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

SirSpamHammer wrote:I decided to make them identical twins and yes, I did only roll up one set of stats for both of them. I'm happy enough with that.

The only way I can see this happening...is in a lab. Where they fiddle with just the sex genes of one of the pair after the zygote divides into a twin pairing.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

N&S birth order chart might mention twins.
That’s all I got.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”