Ranged weapons on moving vehicles without penalty

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Ranged weapons on moving vehicles without penalty

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I'm curious to find the examples of characters able to, as above, use a ranged weapon on a moving vehicle without penalty. Normally such would resolve as a wild shot at a lower rate of fire, with those classes with access to sharpshooting and the like only losing half their bonus. While the exceptions I can remember off-hand all have slightly different circumstances under which they can operate without penalty (detailed below), they all are listed as capable of doing so on a moving vehicle. These are:
  • Paratrooper OCC: Rifts Mercenary Adventures (when running, swimming, or parachuting)
  • Vintex Warriors: Rifts World Book 30: D-Bees of North America (when running, upside down, or in mid-leap)
  • Long Bowman OCC: PFRPG (Long Bow, when on horseback or in an awkward position)
  • Ancient Weapons Master: Powers Unlimited 2 (Bow, when on horseback, or while in mid-air leap or falling)
  • Traditional Samurai:Rifts World Book 9: Japan (Bow, on horseback, in mid-air, or from an awkward position)
Does any other source come to mind for anyone? (ed:sp)
Last edited by Curbludgeon on Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Ranged weapons on moving vehicles without penalty

Unread post by Warshield73 »

You should check out the sharp shooting skill in the New West World Book. I think it has what you are looking for.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Curbludgeon
Hero

The relevant trick under Sharpshooting (#3, New West pg 81) reduces any bonus to strike by half.
Curbludgeon
Hero

I found another one. PU2's Supersoldier has a couple of applicable options: Phenomenal Balance, and Uncanny Targeting and Throwing.

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”