Modern weapons data

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirLitimus
D-Bee

Modern weapons data

Unread post by SirLitimus »

I'm looking for any weapons and equipment data from the 90's to current 2020 or so. Sure, I could spend hundreds of hours making it up for my own, but that demands sleepless nights.

Items I seek are:
Modern firearms and explosives, with missiles and the like.
Vehicles.
Uniforms.
Equipment.

What type of setting you ask? Modern spec ops campaign against terrorism. That sort of thing.
"Science officer, identify this strange alien race we are seeing for the first time. What? They are Humans?!? ALL GUNNERS, OPEN FIRE!!!"
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: Modern weapons data

Unread post by Warshield73 »

The obvious place to start is the Compendium of Modern Weapons. After that the Heroes Unlimited GMs Guide has a small section as well, including vehicles, although there is a lot of overlap with the CMW.

I don't have any handy but I believe some of the Dead Reign books also have some modern weapons.

Hope that helps and best of luck.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

Warshield73 wrote:The obvious place to start is the Compendium of Modern Weapons. After that the Heroes Unlimited GMs Guide has a small section as well, including vehicles, although there is a lot of overlap with the CMW.

I don't have any handy but I believe some of the Dead Reign books also have some modern weapons.

Hope that helps and best of luck.

I would also add that, for most newer small arms, the primary differences are going to be the incidentals: weight, cost, magazine size, etc. For the most part, though, the weapons themselves are going to be use the same cartridges (5.56mm NATO, 7.62mm NATO, 7.62x39mm, 5.45mm Russian, etc.) that are already detailed in the weapons in the various sourcebooks/main books & Compendium.

As for missiles...eh...missile combat in Palladium is...very, very abstracted. Don't expect to have any good official stats for high-velocity missiles, especially SAMs or AAMs (or even most ASMs & SSMs, especially those that aren't anti-tank in nature), beyond what's in the Compendium.
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

Overall I don't believe there is a list like you are looking for in Palladium. The Compendium of Modern Weapons, unless it was seriously updated, was written I think in the early 90's maybe?

I believe Rifts Merc Ops has the various generic stats - say a .45 caliber pistol you have damage, capacity, range. You don't get the specifics of a Glock 21 for example.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

The Dead Reign core book pg 108-113 also has generic stats, but the problem is that the damage stats don't always align well across settings or even between books in a setting.

As a GM, I usually consider this a fudge factor when determining ammo. For the sake of simplicity, I avoid specific models and simply say .45 pistol with relevant stats. Caliber determines the general damage, but if it makes sense to the story or just to shake things up (i.e. perhaps a PC deserves a bonus), perhaps I might bump the damage from 4d6 to 5d6 (or down to 3d6) to reflect the quality of manufacture.

At the end of the day, what's a couple SDC points between friends?
Jakeoh
D-Bee

Unread post by Jakeoh »

Grazzik wrote:The Dead Reign core book pg 108-113 also has generic stats, but the problem is that the damage stats don't always align well across settings or even between books in a setting.

As a GM, I usually consider this a fudge factor when determining ammo. For the sake of simplicity, I avoid specific models and simply say .45 pistol with relevant stats. Caliber determines the general damage, but if it makes sense to the story or just to shake things up (i.e. perhaps a PC deserves a bonus), perhaps I might bump the damage from 4d6 to 5d6 (or down to 3d6) to reflect the quality of manufacture.

At the end of the day, what's a couple SDC points between friends?

Good idea. So if it's old worn down handgun it might get lower roll, but if it got repaired it might get a bump, do I get it right? Trying to make some notes for future campaign :D
Jake from Tx
Other hobbies: hunting, target shooting.
Go-to rifle: Bergara B-14
Fav Riflescopes: Leupold Mark5HD
Go-to hunting blog https://blog.gritroutdoors.com/

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”