Riddick

For talk about the upcoming Rifts Movie.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Riddick

Unread post by Swift-13 »

So, a couple of weeks ago, I saw the new Riddick movie and noticed it was produced by Vin Diesel. While it wasn't the best movie (loads better than the crap on SyFy these days), I still found it entertaining. It also went to show what a fellow can do when he's got the means to make his own ideas *happen.* Anyway, I was watching it and the whole time I was putting together various elements of the film, such as alien worlds, nasty monsters, energy weapons, that style of hovercycle he used and I was thinking, "This guy could do a Rifts movie!"
What do y'all think?
Remember who you wanted to be.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Riddick

I just wanted to clarify that I'm not being critical of Bruckheimer or his work. It was just an idea, considering that the guy has an extremely busy schedule, what with handling TV shows and movies.
MaxxSterling
Adventurer
Comment: I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum...

Unread post by MaxxSterling »

Well, Vin Diesel is a gamer... So he has probably even heard of Rifts and understands what gaming is. I think he'd probably do a lot better job then most people. It'd really depend up on the script.
Swift-13
Dungeon Crawler

MaxxSterling wrote:Well, Vin Diesel is a gamer... So he has probably even heard of Rifts and understands what gaming is. I think he'd probably do a lot better job then most people. It'd really depend up on the script.

Oh, I know the dude's a gamer. His character in "xXx" had a tattoo of the name "Melkor", a D&D character of Vin's. :)
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Still damn good movie though. I want one of those Dingo Dongo things.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I think getting this done is possible. And easier than You think. Ninjas vs Zombies anyone?
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Don't get to happy about Vin having producer credits. That usually means the actor has a part of the gross. It often hasn't a thing to do with who got the movie made.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I really enjoyed Riddick, but sadly it didn't do well. I don't understand how it wasn't a hit. It had all the food groups for a kick butt action space flick!

It cost $38M and made $98M worldwide, but the production cost does not include advertising costs which are generally assumed to be at least half production cost (often much, much more). The total profit doesn't mean the studio cut, which is about half the total.

So Riddick cost $38M + $20M (or more) and only made $50M, so they are probably negative $10M until they break even on cable and Netflix and whatever DVD sales still exist.

Sadly, the long tail is the only place it will make a profit.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=riddick.htm

That said, I would LOVE for Vinny Dee to be in the Rifts movie!

Return to “Rifts® Movie”