Can a staked vampire be detected?

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Can a staked vampire be detected?

Unread post by darthauthor »

My adventures are in Mexico hunting vampires.

Some vampires were buried with stakes in them.

Can the heroes find them with:

Presense Sense?

Sense Evil?

Dog Boy Senses?

The wild vampires have stakes in their hearts but are buried (unexposed to sunlight or running water). Its up to the heroes to do the job right and finish off the vampires but the last dust storm and death of the one who buried them leaves the heroes with an easter egg hunt.
darthauthor
Hero

Re: Can a staked vampire be detected?

I just thought of a follow up question.

If indoors, underground or at night, is a staked vampire detectable via See Aura or such?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Everything has an Aura, even a Staked Vampire. See the Psionic Power Description for "See Aura" (RUE pg175-6, others are available). Even a staked vampire will have an aura.

As a Vampire is a host to an Essence Fragment, and the fragment doesn't return to the VI when staked would indicate that the Staked Vampire could be detectable by the other means in the initial post.
darthauthor
Hero

Good points ShadowLogon

I agree with you on both of them.

Follow up questions:

If a psychic used remote viewing on an pre vamp picture or drawing would they see the grave and be able to find it on a map?

Or just see an image of the anonymous patch of ground?

Basically trying to workout how the adventurers treasure hunt the vampire graves?

How do they do it?

How hard or easy should it be?

A single land navigation roll?
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I think they would see the grave of a Vampire. Remote-Viewing puts the psychic above them looking down, so they would see the grave. How easy it is to find is another matter one that I don't think lends itself to Land Navigation skill unless you can see some type of landmarks, and even then, you'd have to find the landmark. Afterall one patch of grass is likely to be indistinguishable from another, you'd need to have some "landmarks" (like a gravestone, a bush, tree, sign, etc).

The Astronomy skill would allow you to determine your latitude and longitude IF you as a GM allow for them to be able to see the sky and have the appropriate resources. Now since the glimpse is only for a few seconds I would suggest a penalty (rush job to get the necessary data, unless something like Total Recall is also used).
darthauthor
Hero

Good ideas, all.

Answers, like yours, are why I post on here.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”