Detect psionics and Nightvision

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Detect psionics and Nightvision

Unread post by darthauthor »

Forgive me is this question is obvious or trivial but I ask it because I want to learn if there is something I don't know.

I noticed Detect Psionics is categorized as a Healing psionic power.

While Nightvision is listed as a Physical psionic power.

In my mind, powers such as these are sensitive psionic powers as they provide information about the outside world. So why are not listed as sensitive psionic powers?

I don't suppose it is that big of a deal. Nightvision is easily substituted for with tech googles or a TW googles. The psionic power is really for people without batteries or enough PPE.

Very Respectfully
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Detect psionics and Nightvision

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

No good reason that I can tell with Detect Psionics; that should be the epitome of "Sensitive" psionics.

Nightvision, on the other hand...
Well, the "Physical" category seems to include powers that augment the physical body, and Nightvision is basically an augmentation of the physical eyes.
So that one kind of fits.
"Sensitive" is more about mental awareness of things, rather than physical sight and such.
6th Sense stuff, not 1st-5th sense stuff.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

You make a good point about Nightvision
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I tend to agree that Nightvision is an "alteration of the body" type power, but, yes, Detect Psionics should be sensitive. I don't have a problem with it being Healing, as well, but it should be sensitive, as well.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”