Summoner

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

barna10
Hero
Comment: Started playing Palladium in 1990.

Summoner

Unread post by barna10 »

Does anyone really play a Summoner?

If so, how often do you find power circles?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Summoner

Unread post by Library Ogre »

They work best as opposition, and when you've got a secure base to make your circles.

Power circles, IMO, should be rare... definitely not every level, but maybe find your first around 4th, and then another, seven or eight, then twelve or thirteen. Finding a fair number of them isn't necessarily a problem... they're hard and expensive to use. I'd also say that being known as having them is going to make you a target.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

barna10 wrote:Does anyone really play a Summoner?

Yes.

If so, how often do you find power circles?

Pretty rarely.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Summoning circles can also be AMAZINGLY effective. While you have a pretty strict CONTROL limitation, you don't have any such limits on bargaining. If you give them a task they want to do, then it's not going to be as much of a problem.

Call up a minor demon, tell them to assassinate a person, and say "You can do it how you like, just so long as no one knows I'm involved." Boom. "You mean I get to go torture and murder some rando? Hell yeah!"

Call up an angel and ask them to heal someone, or say "I do not mean to control you, but there is this injustice going on, and I would like your help."

Call up an elemental and say "I'll let you go home as soon as you perform this magic for me." (i.e. some warlock spells that they can cast and won't put them in harm's way)

These are all reasonable deals that you can do as a 1st level summoner.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
barna10
Hero
Comment: Started playing Palladium in 1990.

Unread post by barna10 »

Candy wrote:
Mark Hall wrote:Call up a minor demon, tell them to assassinate a person, and say "You can do it how you like, just so long as no one knows I'm involved." Boom. "You mean I get to go torture and murder some rando? Hell yeah!"

I'd definitely want more restrictive language than this. One way for a demon to make sure nobody finds out who summoned them is to tear out the tongue of the summoner so he doesn't accidentally brag about it.

lol

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”