Has Palladium done anything with "Sacred Architecture?"

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

thorr-kan
Adventurer

Has Palladium done anything with "Sacred Architecture?"

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Quick definition: Geographic and geometric structures meant to enhance or enable magical works. Like the original layout of the city of DC or Masonic rules for how a church should be assembled.

It's a cousin to the Feng Shui idea.

Atlantean Stone Pyramids and the magical OCCs around them are an excellent example. Are there any others that focus on this type of magic?
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Has Palladium done anything with "Sacred Architecture?"

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Not off the top of my head, no. I know some people have come up with ideas like "Build an entire town as a protection circle", which could work pretty well, but nothing beyond "Pyramids are magical" that I know of.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

thorr-kan wrote:Quick definition: Geographic and geometric structures meant to enhance or enable magical works. Like the original layout of the city of DC or Masonic rules for how a church should be assembled.

Atlantean Stone Pyramids and the magical OCCs around them are an excellent example. Are there any others that focus on this type of magic?

It comes close but not so much.

Nazca Line Magic litterally creates/alters ley lines to produce magical effects.

Mystic China has an actual Fang Shui class called Fang Shih which has access to some "Geomatic" chi spells, but it's extremely limited and likely isn't exactly what you are looking for.

The cloest there is is Pyramids from Stone Magic. but that's just the One thing.

Basically if you want a magical building that is in any shape other than a pyramid, your only real option is to stick a lot of wards and/or TW stuff inside.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
thorr-kan wrote:Quick definition: Geographic and geometric structures meant to enhance or enable magical works. Like the original layout of the city of DC or Masonic rules for how a church should be assembled.

It comes close but not so much.

Nazca Line Magic litterally creates/alters ley lines to produce magical effects.

Mystic China has an actual Fang Shui class called Fang Shih which has access to some "Geomatic" chi spells, but it's extremely limited and likely isn't exactly what you are looking for.

The cloest there is is Pyramids from Stone Magic. but that's just the One thing.

Basically if you want a magical building that is in any shape other than a pyramid, your only real option is to stick a lot of wards and/or TW stuff inside.

Just clarifying Nazca Line Magic's effects includes buildings made of Ley Line Energy per text.

Adding to list of magics that could be used for a magical building:
-Circle Magic is known to be used in the construction of at least one building (Stormspire in Rifts WB16 IINM has a teleporting tower due to circle magic).
-IIRC the Psionic Crystal "tech" from Palladium Fantasy (Island at the Edge of the World) also includes enchanted buildings.
-Cloud Magic can be used to build Castles out of the Clouds (not enchanted IIRC).
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

There's also a Rip of Magic (Beyond the Supernatural, 1E) surrounded by a Protection Circle: Superior (also Beyond the Supernatural, 1E). It ain't much for a poor man's sanctum sanctorum, but beggars can't be choosers.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”