Carpet of Adhesion penalties

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

narcissus
Explorer

Carpet of Adhesion penalties

Unread post by narcissus »

I've read through a few CoA posts here, and the general consensus seems to be that CoA = no dodge. I don't actually buy this, because CoA != paralysis. The target can still move, just not their feet (assuming, for the sake of argument, it's cast under them). They can still pivot and weave. Sure, they should have a penalty to dodge, but they shouldn't get automatically hit. I'm toying with the idea of a -6 to dodge and -3 to strike/parry (because you can't move your feet, so things are a little more awkward). I'm also thinking about allowing called shots on the leg/foot which would be automatic hits - no dodge possible.

What do other people think of this / are there any other suggestions? I honestly don't think CoA was intended to be paralysis, but unfortunately PB didn't provide explicit penalties, so that's how it's played.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Carpet of Adhesion penalties

Unread post by Glistam »

PB is very specific about when and where it gives it's arbitrary penalties. Since Carpet of Adhesion has no such penalties in any of it's iterations, there is no penalty to anything. It just prevents a character from moving away from the spot they are standing in, and does not go away if they teleport out of it.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”