Invented Magic Tattoos

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Invented Magic Tattoos

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Since there are topics for new spells and PSI.
If you are referencing a spell from the invented invocation make sure to post it before posting here.

Magic Tattoo
Crocodile or Alligator (swim)
Duration: 30 min./L or till canceled
PPE: 30
Effects: Grants the user the effects of "Swim like a Fish" and "Cold Blooded" for the duration.

Magic Weapon
Doom Candy Cane
Duration: 5 min./L
PPE: 22
Effect: Creates a large candy cane that can be used as a melee weapon or shoot out mini-candy canes.
Melee Damage: 3d6 damage (MD or ND) , +3 to entangle, tripping, and disarm with the candy cane.
Ranged Damage: single: 1d6+1 damage (MD or ND), four does 2d8 (MD or ND), Range: 200 ft + 10 ft/L. WP rifle bonuses are applicable.
(yes, this was based off the Ludicrous Magic spell from Rifter 9.5. for discloser reasons.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Invented Magic Tattoos

L Monster Tattoo
Scary Clown
MDC: 50
APM: 4, S/P/D: +3
spd/SNPS/PP: 20
Activation PPE: 50

Modifiers:
large candy cane weapon +10 PPE to activation.
Pies: thrown, blinds targets if they hit. additional +3 to hit with thrown items. +12 PPE to activate
In clown car: +100 spd strait line driving or +20 spd maneuvering, standard ramming damage.+30 PPE to activate

Comment from a user.... "Never Ever go to a tattoo master that was once a Ludicrous Mage. Your life as a respected warrior will be over."
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

power arrows
Skull pierced with arrows.(death trance)
Duration: 15 min/L, or until cancled
PPE: 40. 50 if with wings
Makes four tattoo arrows
Effect: Imposes the effect of the "death trance" on any target that is hit and fails their save, for the duration of the tattoo, or till cancled.
The visual effect of being hit is that the arrow is impaling itself through the target's head or heart, staying there even if it had been a winged arrow.
The victim of the magic is only barely aware of their surrounding as like with the death trance spell.
If the arrows are winged, then they only return to the T-Archer if the target is missed, or the target saves vs magic.

The LM version of this tattoo the arrow has a thin band running from one side of the skill over the top to the other, connecting the two ends of the arrows. (i.e.: the skull looks like it is wearing a joke 'arrow through the head' headgear.
The effects are different in that the victim is fully aware during the full duration, even so, they still look dead to anyone examining them. (as per the death trance spell)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Modern Weapon Tattoo: Nade Launcher
Duration: 5 min per level
Max throw range: 3000'
Max effective range: 2000'+67'/level
This will launch off any standard nade (anything but RPGs and the incendiary nade from N&S)[fusion blocks are not nades]{will throw rocks of the right size too,
Damage/effect: as per nade type

Magic Tattoo nades
Duration: 5 min/L
*magic tattoo is the effect pict (same as arrows) surrounded by half covered nades*
Each make four nades and have an effect radius of 5'.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Cat's Paw Tattoo (a animal or monster tattoo with the addition of a cat's paw neckless to the tattoo)
Duration: Doubled
PPE: doubled
This modification lets the tattoo user to experience what the tattoo would experience. This experiencing two places at once is mightily distracting. Having to focus more on one then the other. The side not focused on has -2 to all combat rolls, half as many attacks and -30% on all skills.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

Elemental Tattoo: Ice Man
Appearance: icy figure standing with arms crossed
Cost: 40 (+10 per figure)
Duration: 1 minute per level (5 minutes for each figure)
Range: self

Upon activation of this power the user takes on the image of an "ice man" covered from head to toe ice-like coating. +1D8 damage from punches and kicks. Will not lose footing on icy surfaces, and impervious to cold. The user can also create ice "copies" of himself. When he does so, the copy is in the exact stance the user was in just moments before casting and in the exact location (the caster is "teleported" just a foot away). These clones have and M.D.C. of 5 per level and if the caster is standing still it will be visually hard to tell a copy from the real deal. This has a number of applications:

*The user can entangle someone and then create a copy...leave it there with the victim securely held.
*The user can block a sliding door with a copy to hold it open.
*The user can "copy dodge" (+3 dodge) and let the duplicate take the damage.

This power can get very draining very quick.
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Mark of the Arachnid (Spider hanging from a web)

Cost: 25
Duration: 2 minute per level
Range: Web line 90 feet and 60 feet for the web net.

The T-Man gains spider climb ability at a reduced speed of 30%, glass or other smooth surfaces reduce speed to 50%, can shoot web lines from his hands and form a web net with thats requires a 16 to dodge. The web netting has 30 M.D.C. and entangles up to 1 to 4 human-size victims for 2D6 melee rounds. All webbing disappears when the tattoo duration ends.
Last edited by runebeo on Sun May 09, 2010 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Recall Halo

Cost: 40
Duration: one hour per level
Range: Self

Once activated the next tattoo monster shaping construct, monster or animal is created with a white halo over head. If the construct is destroyed it automatically reforms with full M.D.C. or S.D.C. and remains till the original duration ends.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

runebeo wrote:Mark of the Arachnid (Spider hanging from a web)

nice
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Ther very good,Hope to see more.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Mirror Twin (Shattered mirror with 2 monsters)

Cost: 50
Duration: 30 minutes per level

Once activated the next tattoo monster or animal tattoo make two creatures instead or one. No other creature can be created till one is destroyed. The damage from a destroyed creature is doubled to the T-Man till only one remains. Both creatures have their normal duration reduced by 50%.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Eye in the Sky (Glowing sphere)

Cost: 20
Duration: 10 minutes per level
Range: one mile per level

Creates a transparent floating globe with 5 M.D.C., flight speed of 30 mph able to fly up to 30 feet high, all images are projected into the T-Man's mind but with no sound and the destruction of the sphere deals causes the T-Man to expend an additional 10 P.P.E. to reform the sphere.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Mary Poppins' Umbrella Or The flying Umbrella (an open umbrella with leaves blowing by)
Duration: 30 min per level
Weight limit: one person and 50 lb. per level
PPE: 30
This magic tattoo grants the user the ability to fly up to 10 mph per level, just by grasping the handle. The user can pass off the umbrella to another to use.
The umbrella, while furled, can also be used as a weapon (1d6 damage blunt or 2d4 damage thrusting) and can be used to parry any sort of attack up to 200 points of damage.
So long as the design on the umbrella & the leaves are different the person can have multiple tattoos of the same power.
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
runebeo wrote:Mark of the Arachnid (Spider hanging from a web)

nice

I 2nd that... 8-)
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Dr. Hellstromme wrote:Black Hole (of Magic)
..snip

nice
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

flaming net
basically you can stop a enemy in it's track & burn it for 1d12 damage to boot!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

abe wrote:flaming net

*sees only descriptive text and damage*
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Anti-Magic Cloud Tattoo
(A Cloud with a Broken Lightning Bolt in the center)
PPE Cost : 100
Range 300 Feet radius, +10ft per lvl.
Duration : 5 Minutes per level.
Saving Throw : Standard
Effect : Works like the Spell itself. Only the Tattoo user can continue using Magic or Magic Tattooes while inside the cloud. This tattoo is devestating in battle against the supernatural or creatures of magic.

We invented this Tattoo in our Tattoo Man game a few years back, which was fun.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

the effects are to make a enimie imobile & burn it for 1d12 damage the imobile effect is for the same amount of time as the damage the enime suffers.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

goofy goober-summon spongebob squarepants,or a peanut butter sandwich,whichever will get the bigger laugh at the time.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

abe wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

the effects are to make a enimie imobile & burn it for 1d12 damage the imobile effect is for the same amount of time as the damage the enime suffers.

Becomes more specific and points out that Range, Duration, and PPE cost were not stated.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

[/quote]becomes more specific and points out that Range, Duration, and PPE cost were not stated.[/quote]
range is 30 feet per level duration is the same as damage,ppe cost is 230,better?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

abe wrote:becomes more specific and points out that Range, Duration, and PPE cost were not stated.
range is 30 feet per level duration is the same as damage,ppe cost is 230,better?

Sees in this quote...

Range: 30'/L
Duration: Same as Damage
PPE: 230

Maybe if you put things in the standard format......So far you have the below (put into standard format)

Flaming Net
[basically you can stop a enemy in it's track & burn]
Range: 30 per Level
Duration: 1d12 (¿ time unit ?)
Damage: 1d12 MD/ND

So what I see needed by this proposed M.T. would be a full Descriptive Text, and how long it lasts (what time units), and is the Damage per APM, per melee, per min.?
Basically what I'm trying to get from you is something that is Finished. Sit down and think about it.

Critique: sounds like a neat tattoo but the PPE cost looks to be a bit high. Unless the Time unit is in hours.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
abe wrote:
becomes more specific and points out that Range, Duration, and PPE cost were not stated.

range is 30 feet per level duration is the same as damage,ppe cost is 230,better?[/quote]
Sees in this quote...

Range: 30'/L
Duration: Same as Damage

Maybe if you put things in the standard format......So far you have the below (put into standard format)

Flaming Net
Duration: 1d12 (¿ time unit ?)
Damage: 1d12 MD/ND

So what I see needed by this proposed M.T. would be a full Descriptive Text, and how long it lasts (what time units), and is the Damage per APM, per melee, per min.?
Basically what I'm trying to get from you is something that is Finished. Sit down and think about it.

Critique: sounds like a neat tattoo but the PPE cost looks to be a bit high. Unless the Time unit is in hours.[/quote]
it's in hours,sorry
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

*wonders why people only answer the very last question I ask in a multi-question post*
so far....
Flaming Net
Duration: 1d12 hours
Damage: 1d12 MD/ND (¿ per time unit ?)
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:*wonders why people only answer the very last question I ask in a multi-question post*
so far....
Flaming Net
Duration: 1d12 hours
Damage: 1d12 MD/ND (¿ per time unit ?)

sdc unless the victim is mdc then it's mdc as well & the damage is applied only once.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
JuliusCreed
Hero
Comment: Yesterday is history,
Tomorrow is a mystery,
But today is a gift.
That's why it is called "the present".

Unread post by JuliusCreed »

Hey everybody! Uncle Remus here with a little something from the vaults for your consideration. Whaddayathink?

Beast Within
Appearance: Rips in the Tattoo Man's skin with claws that give the appearance of some creature tearing its way out. Tattoo may include a glowing eye or two, a hint of fangs or any other little details desired, but the overall effect must be that of some unseen creature ripping through the T-Man's skin.
PPE Cost: 200
Duration: 4 melees/lvl
Saving throw: None
Effect: Activation of this tattoo causes an effect similar to the Monster Shaping tattoos (Rifts South America 1 pg 101 & Book of Magic pg 233) except rather than summoning an ectoplasmic armor around the T-Man, his body actually takes on the shape of some horrific nightmare creature. The exact appearance of the creature varies widely between individuals, from hairy werewolf-like monstrosities to rampaging lizard beasts, fanged demonic horrors and literally anything you can imagine, but the basic abilities between them all are identical.
The transformation grants the following powers; +10 to PS, +5 to PP, +100 S/MDC, an additional +2 to Strike and Parry, +4 to Dodge and Initiative, 1 additional attack per melee and the T-Man gains claw attacks (3d6 dmg+PS bonus) and bite attacks (2d6 damage). The beast form also gives the T-Man enhanced senses for the duration of the spell, including Nightvision out to 60 feet, enhanced sense of smell that allows him to track by scent at 70% proficiency (90% if it's a blood scent), and acute hearing that grants the combat bonuses above and allows him to parry attacks hand to hand attacks from the rear (can still be shot in the back)
Now the bad news. The T-Man's other tattoos cannot be used while transformed unless they have already been activated beforehand. for example The T-Man has this tattoo plus an animal (a lion), a simple weapon (battle axe), and a power tattoo (death touch). The T-Man summons his axe for his first attack, brings up his lion for his second attack and then activates Beast Within. While Beast Within is active he can still wield the axe and command his lion, but he will not be able to activate his Death Touch power tattoo until the duration for the Beast Within expires or is cancelled. If he activates Death touch before the Beast Within, he can use that power while in the transformed state.

Questions? Comments? Compliments? Complaints? Suggestions?
Sure, lions and tigers are stronger...
But I've never seen a wolf jump through hoops in a circus
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Is ther any Tattoos that give telekinesis powers?
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

dragon tounge-basically you can breath fire!
ppe-239
duration-once per hour for 1d6 hours
range-sight
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

abe wrote:dragon tounge-basically you can breath fire!
ppe-239
duration-once per hour for 1d6 hours
range-sight

I would make it so they can have two breath attacks during a 30 sec period. (<---duration)
And limit their ability to use the tat to once ever 1d6 hours. (<---limitation)
I would also have it to be a grinning dragon's head. Or a dragon head spewing's breath attack
and the type of breath attack is the same of the dragon head depicted.
Range: would also be limited by what dragon head is depicted by the tat.
Giving them a LoS range can be so easily abused.

Another idea would for them to gets +1 breath attack for every 5 levels gained after they get the tat. with an upper limit of 4 breath attacks total in the 30 sec duration.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

gaby wrote:Is ther any Tattoos that give telekinesis powers?

Not to my knowledge, why don't give it a go at making one up?
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

I have never posted anything I have some up with on the boards here before, but here goes . . .

Magic Weapon Tattoos

Weapon Smashing or Impaling a Yin Yang Symbol (Anti-CHI)
PPE to activate: 10, 20 if combined with the wing feature.
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience or until canceled.
Powers: This weapon inflicts no physical damage. Instead, it inflicts damage to the target's CHI base (Positive or Negative CHI, it makes no difference, however the CHI base can only be reduce to Zero, this weapon cannot be used to add CHI of the opposite polarity).
Damage is equal to the SDC normal damage for that weapon, except this amount is subtracted from the victim's CHI. For example; a tattoo of a sword which would normally inflict 2D6 SDC would instead take 2D6 CHI from its victim. The attack can be parried or dodged as usual or a saving throw vs. magic at 14 or higher is possible against successful strikes.
Cannot be combined with the dripping blood or covered in flame, tattoo effects. Only affects living creatures.
The weapon can also inflict damage equal to its SDC damage as SDC or MD to defenses composed entirely of CHI energy, such as Hardened Chi. This does not include physical matter which has been strengthened through the use of CHI, like items empowered by the Fill Object with Chi ability.

Weapon Impaling a Mirror (Twin Weapons)
Additional PPE to Activate the twin weapons feature: Identical to the original weapon cost.
Duration: Fifteen minutes per level of experience or until cancelled.
Power: When this tattoo is activated the T-Man gains a second identical weapon of the exact same type he currently has. Can only be applied to one-handed melee weapons, not two-handed weapons or bows & crossbows, etc. Activating the Twin Weapons feature does count towards the limit of 6 active tattoos.

Power Weapon Tattoos (New Category)

Weapon Covered in Coiled Lightning
PPE to Activate: 25
Duration: 5 minutes per level of experience or until cancelled
Power: The weapon, whether it be a dagger, sword, club, axe or whatever, inflicts 3D6 mega-damage plus an additional +1D6 at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, & 14. The weapon otherwise functions in a manner similar to Magic Weapon Tattoos (Indestructible, etc.), however its appearance is slightly altered, it is a metallic blue in colour, and seems almost crackling or pulsating with power or energy. This weapon can have the "Wings" feature added to it, however Bows, Crossbows, and other ranged weapons are NOT included as part of this tattoo (however a Bundle of Arrows can be made from this tattoo). This Tattoo can only be selected in place of a Power Tattoo, and not as a Magic Weapon Tattoo.

Power Tattoos

Animal Skull with Glowing Eyes
PPE to activate: 30
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience or until dismissed.
Power: This Tattoo allows the T-Man to summon and control 1D4 animals per level of experience of the same type as the animal skull in the Tattoo (Provided those animals are within 200 foot radius, +100 feet per level of experience). The Animals will treat the T-Man as their leader, not just their master, and will do anything for him, as well as understand him (not necessarily his words, but his intent), but simple instructions only, they are unable to follow complicated instructions. If they are instructed to take an action that will endanger their lives, and/or the lives of their young (if they are of a species that protects their young) then they get a standard save vs. magic, if they save, they will not obey the order, but will still respond to other commands. The types of animals available are the same as are available for the Animal Tattoos and the same restrictions also apply. Only one type of animal may be selected for the tattoo.
Note: Like the different Animal Tattoos that are available, Different Animal Skulls with Glowing Eyes are considered different Tattoos and do not fall under the restriction for having more than one tattoo of a given type. Each Tattoo must depict a different animal skull for this to apply.

Monster Skull with Glowing Eyes
PPE to activate: 75
Duration: 5 minutes per level of experience or until dismissed.
Power: This Tattoo allows the T-Man to summon and control 1D4 Monsters at level one (plus an additional 1D4 at levels 4, 8, & 12) of the same type as the Monster skull in the Tattoo (Provided those Monsters are within a 100 foot radius, +50 feet per level of experience). The Monsters will treat the T-Man as their leader, not just their master, and will do anything for him, as well as understand him (not necessarily his words, but his intent), but simple instructions only, they are unable to follow complicated instructions. If they are instructed to take an action that will endanger their lives, and/or the lives of their young (if they are of a species that protects their young) then they get a standard save vs. magic, if they save, they will not obey the order, but will still respond to other commands. The types of Monsters available are the same as are available for the Monster Tattoos and the same restrictions also apply. Only one type of monster may be selected for the tattoo.
Note: Like the different Monster Tattoos that are available, Different Monster Skulls with Glowing Eyes are considered different Tattoos and do not fall under the restriction for having more than one tattoo of a given type. Each Tattoo must depict a different Monster skull for this to apply.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

13eowulf wrote:I have never posted anything I have some up with on the boards here before, but here goes . . .

Magic Weapon Tattoos

Weapon Smashing or Impaling a Yin Yang Symbol (Anti-CHI)
PPE to activate: 10, 20 if combined with the wing feature.
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience or until canceled.
Powers: This weapon inflicts no physical damage. Instead, it inflicts damage to the target's CHI base (Positive or Negative CHI, it makes no difference, however the CHI base can only be reduce to Zero, this weapon cannot be used to add CHI of the opposite polarity).
Damage is equal to the SDC normal damage for that weapon, except this amount is subtracted from the victim's CHI. For example; a tattoo of a sword which would normally inflict 2D6 SDC would instead take 2D6 CHI from its victim. The attack can be parried or dodged as usual or a saving throw vs. magic at 14 or higher is possible against successful strikes.
Cannot be combined with the dripping blood or covered in flame, tattoo effects. Only affects living creatures.
The weapon can also inflict damage equal to its SDC damage as SDC or MD to defenses composed entirely of CHI energy, such as Hardened Chi. This does not include physical matter which has been strengthened through the use of CHI, like items empowered by the Fill Object with Chi ability.

Weapon Impaling a Mirror (Twin Weapons)
Additional PPE to Activate the twin weapons feature: Identical to the original weapon cost.
Duration: Fifteen minutes per level of experience or until cancelled.
Power: When this tattoo is activated the T-Man gains a second identical weapon of the exact same type he currently has. Can only be applied to one-handed melee weapons, not two-handed weapons or bows & crossbows, etc. Activating the Twin Weapons feature does count towards the limit of 6 active tattoos.

Power Weapon Tattoos (New Category)

Weapon Covered in Coiled Lightning
PPE to Activate: 25
Duration: 5 minutes per level of experience or until cancelled
Power: The weapon, whether it be a dagger, sword, club, axe or whatever, inflicts 3D6 mega-damage plus an additional +1D6 at levels 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, & 14. The weapon otherwise functions in a manner similar to Magic Weapon Tattoos (Indestructible, etc.), however its appearance is slightly altered, it is a metallic blue in colour, and seems almost crackling or pulsating with power or energy. This weapon can have the "Wings" feature added to it, however Bows, Crossbows, and other ranged weapons are NOT included as part of this tattoo (however a Bundle of Arrows can be made from this tattoo). This Tattoo can only be selected in place of a Power Tattoo, and not as a Magic Weapon Tattoo.

Power Tattoos

Animal Skull with Glowing Eyes
PPE to activate: 30
Duration: 15 minutes per level of experience or until dismissed.
Power: This Tattoo allows the T-Man to summon and control 1D4 animals per level of experience of the same type as the animal skull in the Tattoo (Provided those animals are within 200 foot radius, +100 feet per level of experience). The Animals will treat the T-Man as their leader, not just their master, and will do anything for him, as well as understand him (not necessarily his words, but his intent), but simple instructions only, they are unable to follow complicated instructions. If they are instructed to take an action that will endanger their lives, and/or the lives of their young (if they are of a species that protects their young) then they get a standard save vs. magic, if they save, they will not obey the order, but will still respond to other commands. The types of animals available are the same as are available for the Animal Tattoos and the same restrictions also apply. Only one type of animal may be selected for the tattoo.
Note: Like the different Animal Tattoos that are available, Different Animal Skulls with Glowing Eyes are considered different Tattoos and do not fall under the restriction for having more than one tattoo of a given type. Each Tattoo must depict a different animal skull for this to apply.

Monster Skull with Glowing Eyes
PPE to activate: 75
Duration: 5 minutes per level of experience or until dismissed.
Power: This Tattoo allows the T-Man to summon and control 1D4 Monsters at level one (plus an additional 1D4 at levels 4, 8, & 12) of the same type as the Monster skull in the Tattoo (Provided those Monsters are within a 100 foot radius, +50 feet per level of experience). The Monsters will treat the T-Man as their leader, not just their master, and will do anything for him, as well as understand him (not necessarily his words, but his intent), but simple instructions only, they are unable to follow complicated instructions. If they are instructed to take an action that will endanger their lives, and/or the lives of their young (if they are of a species that protects their young) then they get a standard save vs. magic, if they save, they will not obey the order, but will still respond to other commands. The types of Monsters available are the same as are available for the Monster Tattoos and the same restrictions also apply. Only one type of monster may be selected for the tattoo.
Note: Like the different Monster Tattoos that are available, Different Monster Skulls with Glowing Eyes are considered different Tattoos and do not fall under the restriction for having more than one tattoo of a given type. Each Tattoo must depict a different Monster skull for this to apply.

Nice new magic tats.
However, with the Weapon Covered in Coiled Lightning. You should state what sort of damage the extra damage does. From the title I would infer that the damage is magic lighting/electricity. But this is not stated in the text of the power.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

There was no intended type of damage, a weapon covered in flames does mega damage but is not fire damage, this was meant to be the next level, a weapon where the damage increases with character level (mainly resulting from complaints about magic tattoo weapons from players in my RL group), but still only doing magical mega-damage, similar I guess to Skorblades, or Chrysteel weapons . . .
Last edited by 13eowulf on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Power tattoos

Gas in a Bottle
P.P.E to activate 5
duration:1 minutes per level of experience
range:affect everyone in 10 foot radius around the character evuding the vapors.
damage:based on the gas used
Power:After activating the user blows a Gas from mouth,the type of gas is tie to the color gas in the Bottle,Blue is sleep gas,Red is Acid.Yellow is tear gas,Green is laughing gas and Black is posion.
the use also get immune to ther gas for as long as the gas lasts.

Sorry still wokring on the damage and penalties for each of the vapons.
Any ideas?
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

I was bored Sunday afternoon and flipping through Rifter 61. The new Atlantean tattoos caught my eye and got me thinking. The Atlanteans are touted as great dimensional explorers, but they really don't have any innate dimension spanning powers beyond spell magic and the use of their pyramids. Additionally, the Chiang-Ku, the originators of tattoo magic, unlike many of their dragon kin, lack the ability to teleport within a dimension without resorting to spell magic. From that, I came up with the first tattoo below. Dunno why, I haven't played in years and years, but like I said, I was bored. The other tattoos just kinda grew from there. The bottom two are revised versions of tattoos that appeared in Rifter 52.

Stone Pyramid Crackling With Energy(Dimensional Powers)
PPE to Activate: 200
Duration: One melee round(15 seconds) per level of experience. If either the Close Rift, Dimensional Teleport, or Teleport: Superior power is used, the tattoo's duration is ended.
Power: Manipulate dimensional energies to achieve the following effects:
-Teleport: Lesser: Same as the spell, useable once per melee round.
-Mystic Portal: Same as the spell, useable once per minute.
-Teleport: Superior: Same as the spell, useable once per activation of the tattoo. Teleportation is always 100% accurate; user either arrives at the desired destination or the magic fails to function due to a what would have been an error.
-Close Rift: Same as the spell, useable once per activation of the tattoo. Unlike the Close Rift spell, the user of this tattoo does not permanently sacrifice a portion of their PPE.
-Dimensional Teleport: Same as the spell, useable once per activation of the tattoo. If the destination is a stone pyramid the user of the tattoo is familiar with, they gain a +30% chance of successfully teleporting.
Availability: Very common among Atlanteans and Chiang-Ku dragons. Known to the Splugorth, but given rarely and only to the most trusted Maxi-Men.

Dimensional Rift Trapped Within an Hourglass(Temporal & Dimensional Magic Boost)
PPE to Activate: 60
Duration: Five minutes per level of experience.
Power: Activating this tattoo enhances temporal and dimensional(teleportation, space warping, etc) magic cast by the user. At the spellcaster's discretion, one of these effects can be applied to such magics: increase range by 100%, increase area of effect by 50%, increase duration by 100%, or increase spell strength by +1. Additionally, the user gains the following temporal and dimensional sensory powers:
-See Dimensional/Temporal Anomaly: Same as the spells.
-Sense Dimensional/Temporal Anomaly: Same as the spells.
Availability: Known to the Atlanteans, Chiang-Ku, and Splugorth, but its use is uncommon among all three factions. Most often used by Atlantean temporal wizards and shifters.

Fist Grasping a Stone Globe(Stone Master Powers)
PPE to Activate: 30
Power: The tattoo user gains the Stone Master abilities of Mold Stone, Push Stone, Carry Stone, Move Stone Mentally, and Levitation & Telekinesis of Stone. All powers are at an effective level equal to one half the user's level of experience[i.e. 8th level Undead Slayer would use the powers at 4th level]. Additionally, all powers inherent in magical Stone Pyramids that are normally only accessible to a Stone Master become available to the user of the tattoo for its duration and they gain a +20% bonus to their Operate Dimensional Pyramids skill, if they know it. Stone Masters who use this tattoo find that all of their powers over stone, but not those associated with gem magic, are doubled in strength.
Availability: Known to the Atlanteans, Chiang-Ku, and Splugorth, but only common among Atlanteans. Atlantean Stone Masters almost invariably have this tattoo.

Rune of Magic Within a Golden Six Pointed Star(Circle of Protection vs Magic)
PPE to Activate: 50
Duration: One hour per level of experience.
Power: Activating this tattoo engraves an indestructible circle of protection into the ground at the user's feet. It has a maximum radius of 5ft, plus 1ft per level of the user's experience and behaves identically to the Protection From Magic: Superior circle of protection used by Summoners. The user and up to one other person per three levels of experience is granted protection against magic; +6 vs all types of spell magic, elemental magic, necromancy, etc. This bonus is reduced to +3 vs the magic of gods, demon lords, and alien intelligences.
Availability: Known to the Atlanteans, Chiang-Ku, and Splugorth. Most common among Atlanteans and Chiang-Ku dragons, with relatively few Splugorth minions having access to it.

Bloody Chains Encircling Twisted Demon & Deevil Runes(Circle of Protection vs Demons & Deevils)
PPE to Activate: 35
Power: Activating this tattoo engraves an indestructible circle of protection into the ground at the user's feet. It has a maximum radius of 5ft, plus 1ft per level of the user's experience and behaves identically to the Protection From Demons & Protection From Deevils circles of protection used by Summoners. The user and up to one other person per three levels of experience is granted protection against demons & deevils. All lesser demons & deevils, including sub-demons such as brodkil and the various species of gargoyles, cannot come within 10ft of the circle's edge. Greater beings(Baalrogs, Archfiends, etc) can approach the circle without restriction and are allowed a save vs circle magic to attempt to enter it, but suffer the standard penalties if they choose to do so. Those protected by the circle gain a +5 bonus vs any magic or psionics used against them by demons or deevils.
Note: The circle's magical strength initially requires a save of 16+ vs magic to breach by those beings able to make the attempt. This strength increases by +1 at 7th level and again at 14th.
Availability: Common among the Atlanteans, Chiang-Ku, and Splugorth.

Silver Cross Within a Golden Sun(Circle of Protection vs Undead)
PPE to Activate: 35
Power: Activating this tattoo engraves an indestructible circle of protection into the ground at the user's feet. It has a maximum radius of 5ft, plus 1ft per level of the user's experience and behaves identically to the Protection From Undead circle of protection used by Summoners. The user and up to one other person per three levels of experience is granted protection against vampires, zombies, mummies, and all other forms of undead, which are incapable of entering the circle. Those protected by the circle gain a +5 bonus vs any magic or psionics used against them by undead, plus they are immune to the mind control/calling powers of vampires or similar undead, and +5 vs horror factor.
Note: The circle's magical strength initially requires a save of 16+ vs magic to breach by those beings able to make the attempt. This strength increases by +1 at 7th level and again at 14th.
Availability: Known to the Atlanteans, Chiang-Ku, and Splugorth. Extremely common among Atlanteans, especially Undead Slayers, and Splugorth minions tasked with combating the forces of vampire intelligences. Rare among Chiang-Ku.

Rune of Magic Within an Energy Bubble(Resist Anti-Magic Effects)
PPE to Activate: 70
Duration: One minute per level of experience.
Power: Activating this tattoo creates an invisible barrier that surrounds the user, blocking spells and effects that would prevent or dampen the effects of magic, such as the Anti-Magic Cloud spell or the Mystic Drain ward. The barrier has a maximum radius of 5ft per level of the user's experience and functions without fail if activated before entering the area affected by magic draining effects. If activated from within such effects, the tattoo user must make a save vs magic against the spell or circle strength of the opposing caster to determine if the tattoo functions. Additionally, the perimeter of the bubble is impermeable to targeted anti-magic effects, such as the Negate Magic and Dispel Magic Barriers spells, but presents no other impediment. The resistance conferred by the barrier is indiscriminant and will benefit anyone within its radius of effect, enemy or ally alike.
Availability: Extremely rare! Known only to a few Clan Acherean tattoo masters. Consequently, it can currently only be found among members of Clan Acherean and the closest of allies.

Spinning Coin Balanced on the Tip of a Pin(Miraculous Luck)
Duration: Two minutes per level of experience.
Power: For the duration of this tattoo, the user experiences incredible good luck. Critical strikes against the user only inflict regular damage and death blows are instead only stunning. Additionally, gain the following bonuses: +3 initiative, +2 strike, +6 parry & dodge, +3 automatic dodge, +10 roll with punch, impact, or fall, +4 disarm, +6 vs poisons, toxins, & gases, +3 vs psionics & possession, +3 vs magic, +25% vs coma/death, and +10% to any skill involving luck or chance.
Availability: Extremely rare! Known only to a few Clan Acherean tattoo masters. Consequently, it can currently only be found among members of Clan Acherean and the closest of allies.

Chain Wrapped Around a Mountain(Earth Powers)
Power: Influence the elemental forces of earth.
-Dig: Same as the Warlock spell.
-Throwing Stones: Same as the Warlock spell, but inflicts an additional +1 MD per level of experience.
-Wall of Stone: Same as the Warlock spell, useable once per melee round.
-Wisdom of the Earth: Mimics the effects of the following Warlock spells: Dowsing, Identify Minerals, Identify Plants, Locate Minerals, & Track.
-Communicate With Earth Elementals: As per the Warlock ability to speak Elemental, but only effective with Earth Elementals.

Pair of Translucent Hands Emerging from a Brain(Telekinetic Powers)
Power: Manipulate telekinetic energies to achieve a variety of effects.
-Telekinetic Blast: Same as the super psionic power, but double range and damage.
-Telekinesis: Super: Same as the super psionic power, but lift up to 200 pounds per level of experience.
-Telekinetic Force Field: Same as the super psionic power, useable once per melee round.
-Telekinetic Shockwave: Same as the super psionic power.

Iron Spike Driven through a Brain(Bio-Manipulation)
PPE to Activate: 40
Power: Deaden Senses equal to the psionic power and can perform one Bio-Manipulation as often as once per melee.
Availability: Known to the Atlanteans, Chiang-Ku, and Splugorth. Most common among Splugorth minions who have been tasked with capturing or controlling slaves.

Black Void With Star Field(Space Powers)
Power: Useful only in outer space or the rare terrestrial vacuum created by artificial means, this tattoo gives the following powers:
-Vacuum Speak: Same as the spell, active for the duration of the tattoo.
-Impervious to Vacuum: Same as the spell, active for the duration of the tattoo.
-Stellar Navigation: Same as the spell, active for the duration of the tattoo.
-Sub-Light Space Flight: Same as the spell, active for the duration of the tattoo.
Availability: Developed by Clan Acherean of Alexandria in the Three Galaxies, knowledge of this tattoo has not spread to the Splugorth, Chiang-Ku, or most other Atlantean clans. Consequently, it is rare and not often encountered elsewhere.

Three Shining Stars(Star Powers)
PPE to Activate: 60
Power: Manipulate energy magically harvested from stars to achieve the following effects:
-Shooting Star: Same as the spell.
-Starlight: Same as the spell, but only one area of Star Light can exist at a time. To create another the first must first be dispelled.
-Star Blade: As the spell Lightblade, but formed from stellar plasma rather than light. Inflicts double damage to creatures vulnerable to light(vampires, shadow beasts, etc), similar to a Lightblade, and to creatures vulnerable to fire, heat, or plasma.
-Nova Blast: Same as the spell.
Availability: Developed by Clan Acherean of Alexandria in the Three Galaxies, knowledge of this tattoo has not spread to the Splugorth, Chiang-Ku, or most other Atlantean clans. Consequently, it is rare and not often encountered elsewhere.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

stone with broken chain(super-earth strienth)
basically you have super striength but ONLY if you are touching the earth with your BEAR feet!
ppe cost-24
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

person in cloud(bluring power)
basically you become VERY blurry to the unaided eye(-59% to vision based rolls to detect the user of said tattoo)
ppe needed-45
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

A Man to Stay Behind
A warrior clad in hoplite armor done in black white and grey.
(Can be clad in any culturally relevant ancient armor to the creator of the tattoo.)
Duration: 30 minutes or till canceled
PPE: 50
Creates the Mystic Warrior depicted in the tattoo.
APM:5, IQ:9 SNPS:30 PP:22 Spd:20, XDC:50
Immune to: Mind control, normal heat and cold, pain, poison, and fear.
h2h attacks do damage as per SNPS 30.
This mystic warrior has to stay within 100' of the place they were created.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

octopus(ink cloud)
basically you send out a LARGE cloud of ink when in water(puddle of ink on land) to concel yourself!
cost(12 ppe in water)50 on land
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Ectoplasmic Bidet
Hero

Unread post by Ectoplasmic Bidet »

Here are a few more magic tattoos.

Inverted Pyramid Within An Ouroboros(Mystic Energy Conversion)
PPE to Activate: 5, plus whatever PPE or ISP is to be converted.
Duration: Instant.
Power: Activating this tattoo allows the user to temporarily convert a desired portion of their PPE into ISP or ISP into PPE. Each point of PPE converted in this manner becomes 2 ISP, and vice versa, with 2 ISP becoming 1 PPE. The tattoo cannot increase the user's PPE or ISP beyond their maximum level.
Availability: Known to the Atlanteans, Chiang-Ku, and Splugorth. Extremely common among Atlantean psychics.

Chain Wrapped Around a Dolphin(Water Powers)
Power: Influence the elemental forces of water.
-Resist Cold: Same as the Warlock spell.
-Shards of Ice: Same as the Warlock spell, but inflicts 1d4 MD per level of experience.
-Whirlpool: Same as the Warlock spell, useable once per minute.
-One With The Waves: Mimic the effects of the following Warlock spells: Breathe Under Water, Communicate with Sea Creatures, Speak Underwater, Swim Like the Dolphin.
-Communicate With Water Elementals: As per the Warlock ability to speak Elemental, but only effective with Water Elementals.
-See Water Elementals: Clearly see water elementals hidden among regular water.

Glowing Prism(Illusion Powers)
PPE to Activate: 40
Power: Use the following magic for the duration of the tattoo:
-Invisibility: Superior: Same as the spell.
-Multiple Image: Same as the spell.
-Mask of Deceit: Same as the spell.
-Apparition: Same as the spell.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

remote control(can be tv or rc car type)
allow the user to control others from a distance!
ppe needed-98 per hour per level of the controlled
what do you fine people think?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

My version.

Mouth with Sound Lines
PPE to Activate: 24
Duration: One min per level of experience, till the number of times is used up, or until canceled
Power: Lets the character produce 5 stupendous, and directed, belch like utterances that can cause damage to those that they are directed at. If they are unprotected from sound attacks. The attacks are limited to line of sight and have a 25% chance of knocking down a human sized character.
If any of the utterances are not used by the duration end or the power's cancelation then their use is lost.
Number of attacks: 5, can be used as one of the attacks in the melee round when activated and up to two time in any succeeding melee rounds.
Damage: 2d12 SD
Range: 20 feet per level of experience, with a 10 foot diameter of effect over the range.
Bonuses: +1 strike for every 2 levels of experience is the only bonus applicable.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

gaby wrote:Power tattoos

Gas in a Bottle
P.P.E to activate 5
duration:1 minutes per level of experience
range:affect everyone in 10 foot radius around the character evuding the vapors.
damage:based on the gas used
Power:After activating the user blows a Gas from mouth,the type of gas is tie to the color gas in the Bottle,Blue is sleep gas,Red is Acid.Yellow is tear gas,Green is laughing gas and Black is posion.
the use also get immune to ther gas for as long as the gas lasts.

Sorry still wokring on the damage and penalties for each of the vapons.
Any ideas?

could a transperant bottle make the user imune to inhaled gasses?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

elivis!
ppe needed-59
effect the user of said tattoo can swivel his/her hips in a provocative manner & can't stop! while doing that s/he can sing GOOD gospel music that can stop undead in their tracks for as long as the user of said tattoo sings(up to 3d12 minuite per level) witch might be long enough to destroy vampires if done close enough to dawn!
what do you think & does it need more ppe in your opinion?
the tattoo lasts 4d12 minutes per level!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Blood Covered (Animal & Monster modifier)
P.P.E. to Activate: +10 to activation cost
Power: The animal or monster appears to be covered with blood and drips. This doubles the damages done by tattoo animal's SD attacks and their speed. While it also doubles a monster's speed it only adds an extra die of damage to a monster's MD attacks.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Okay, this was from my Good Splugorth setting:

*Therapeutic Tattoos

“Skin cancer---what a bastard....I almost died of it....After I got treated, I laid out some money to get myself a Sunblocker ‘too...now when I’m working out in the open, I can touch the thing and it protects me against any sort of solar radiation up to a nuclear fusion airburst. No need to worry about comparing SPFs ever again.”

The GS have worked on ways to make the process of receiving magic tattoos less painful and have been experimenting with therapeutic tattoos...working in conjunction with Chinese chi-paths to moderate health and control both metabolic and mental problems...Magic Tattoos may offer a way around or to block the effects of some curses and magical illnesses...The most fanatic of subscribers to this form of medicine are the T-Men, who swear by the mystic tattooists as modern day Asians might swear by their accupuncturists.

*Slash Mark or X over Cigarette/Drug Ampule/Liquor Glass/Water Pipe (Adiction Suppression Tattoo)
PPE to activate: 1,
Duration: Effects last 2 hours
Effects: This is a therapeutic Tattoo applied in extreme cases of drug addiction, and used in conjunction with therapy. Touching the Tattoo will suppress a body’s cravings for a fix, and alleviate the worst of withdrawal pains. This gives the person a +15% to efforts to kick a drug addiction. Note, however, that the tattoo must be VOLUNTARILY activated by the recipient; it is not a cure-all. It also used as part of an ongoing program to wean the recipient off the substance dependancy, and not serve as a crutch unto itself.
The Suppression Tattoo appears as a red circle with a slash mark or red ‘x’ , sometimes with a symbolic depiction of the substance being guarded against inside the circle.

*Cloud Blocking Rayed Sun( SunBlock Tattoo)
Duration: Effects last 4 hours
PPE to activate: 1
Effects: This tattoo, of a stylized cloud blocking a radiant sun, acts to protect against sunburn and even protects against flashburns, so beings with sensitive skin can walk freely in broad daylight without fear of sunburn or attendant risk of skin cancer. Under its effects, a person does NOT tan, but acquires a slightly duskier skin coloration while the Tattoo is active. NOr does it protect the eyes(sunglasses or other eye protection is recommended). Very popular with outdoors workers, albinos, and desert tourists.
Note: Supernatural beings susceptible to sunlight., such as vampires, CANNOT acquire this tattoo.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Barrier of Ambivalence (Five Pointed Star with a -_- on it)
Activation: Whatever
Duration: What do you care, really?
Effects: Not like I bothered to come up with anything for real, but it makes the user immune to damage, magic, psioncs, cosmic stuff, radiation and GM rulings. The problem being you don't care enough to take action. More than likely you'll just sit there, maybe take a nap, pick your fingernails (but not to any real effect), etc.

If you want to take an action, roll 1d6.
1 = do nothing, just stand there
2 = perform some kind of non-combat, hobby type action (usually a bad habit like cigs or drinking)
3 = sigh and walk in a slow circle, stretch a little
4 = check your phone, shrug and put it away no matter if there are notifications or not.
5 = take a nap
6 = take action (see next table)

Roll 1d6, then roll again, on a 1 the action is always counter productive, 6 is always beneficial to the situation, 2-5 is player's choice
1 & 2 = Action is toward yourself
3 & 4 = Action is toward an enemy
5 & 6 = Action is toward an ally

The Four Emperors (Four Coiled dragons of red, white, blue and brown, writhing about and through one another to where you cannot tell where one begins and the others ends)
Activation Cost: 1500
Duration: 1 melee round per two levels of experience
Effect: you summon a greatest elemental intelligence completely into the location you are in. The being appears as a great serpentine dragon and has all of it's abilities as listed in CB1. The elemental nature of the summoned being is determined before PPE is spent.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Alrik Vas wrote:Barrier of Ambivalence (Five Pointed Star with a -_- on it)
Activation: Whatever
Duration: What do you care, really?
Effects: Not like I bothered to come up with anything for real, but it makes the user immune to damage, magic, psioncs, cosmic stuff, radiation and GM rulings. The problem being you don't care enough to take action. More than likely you'll just sit there, maybe take a nap, pick your fingernails (but not to any real effect), etc..

Otherwise known as Aura of Apathy. :P
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Alrik Vas wrote:The Four Emperors (Four Coiled dragons of red, white, blue and brown, writhing about and through one another to where you cannot tell where one begins and the others ends)
Activation Cost: 1500
Duration: 1 melee round per two levels of experience
Effect: you summon a greatest elemental intelligence completely into the location you are in. The being appears as a great serpentine dragon and has all of it's abilities as listed in CB1. The elemental nature of the summoned being is determined before PPE is spent.
:ok:
I'm giving this to my Chiang-Ku God-Dragon... At least he would have enough PPE to use it! :D
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”