So I've done a thing..and it's NEMA.

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SirTyberus
D-Bee

So I've done a thing..and it's NEMA.

Unread post by SirTyberus »

So I'm going to GM my first game and I think I've done something pretty cool. I've resurrected NEMA as a possible contender for power and if they sided with FQ I think they could take on the CS and win. Lt. Gen. Sawyer had a secretive unit deployed with equipment to the north Canadian Wilds. Anything I should pay special attention to or just use Chaos Earth and finish building their history and ideas there? So far they have secret contacts with the TR and FQ. That is an interesting one imo XD
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: So I've done a thing..and it's NEMA.

Unread post by Warshield73 »

SirTyberus wrote:So I'm going to GM my first game and I think I've done something pretty cool. I've resurrected NEMA as a possible contender for power and if they sided with FQ I think they could take on the CS and win. Lt. Gen. Sawyer had a secretive unit deployed with equipment to the north Canadian Wilds. Anything I should pay special attention to or just use Chaos Earth and finish building their history and ideas there? So far they have secret contacts with the TR and FQ. That is an interesting one imo XD

You may want to read Sourcebook 1 Revised, the new stuff around ARCHIE and the Republicans. That gives some more insight into NEMA and what might happen with their return. Otherwise I think it's an interesting idea.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
SirTyberus
D-Bee

Warshield73 wrote:You may want to read Sourcebook 1 Revised, the new stuff around ARCHIE and the Republicans. That gives some more insight into NEMA and what might happen with their return. Otherwise I think it's an interesting idea.

I was actually going to check that out after I got done with #22 Free Quebec. I am curious though, how strong would you make them? So far in my write-up they have at least 120,000 robots/PA, most of them are variants of the GB suit. I also took the idea that NEMA made more Chromium Guardsmen suits during the aftermath of the GC and ran with it.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

SirTyberus wrote:
Warshield73 wrote:You may want to read Sourcebook 1 Revised, the new stuff around ARCHIE and the Republicans. That gives some more insight into NEMA and what might happen with their return. Otherwise I think it's an interesting idea.

I was actually going to check that out after I got done with #22 Free Quebec. I am curious though, how strong would you make them? So far in my write-up they have at least 120,000 robots/PA, most of them are variants of the GB suit. I also took the idea that NEMA made more Chromium Guardsmen suits during the aftermath of the GC and ran with it.

I was thinking about that after your post. We don't have good numbers for most CS states but WB 22 does give good stats for Free Quebec. I would make the NEMA remnant smaller that FQ. Fewer people and bots. Keep in mind they would have had to build there industrial base up from nothing unless you are giving them a Canadian version of ARCHIEs stronghold so that is where I would start. Look at the FQ numbers and give them somewhere between 5% to 10% more or less than them depending on if you want NEMA to be all powerful or another contender against the CS.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
SirTyberus
D-Bee

I was thinking about that after your post. We don't have good numbers for most CS states but WB 22 does give good stats for Free Quebec. I would make the NEMA remnant smaller that FQ. Fewer people and bots. Keep in mind they would have had to build there industrial base up from nothing unless you are giving them a Canadian version of ARCHIEs stronghold so that is where I would start. Look at the FQ numbers and give them somewhere between 5% to 10% more or less than them depending on if you want NEMA to be all powerful or another contender against the CS.[/quote]

I did that but then took into account if they we're able to avoid major casualties for 300 years while also absorbing people they rescued, while maintaining a veil of secrecy, they managed to construct a city in a cave system in the Northern Wilds, east of the Tundra Rangers HQ. They have also used "Mercenary Companies" to bring in a trail-less profit and used, at least in the majority, weapons and gear from NG/MI along with some Triax stuff. Basically how I have it so far is NEMA saw what the GC did and vowed to continue the freedoms, ideals, and missions that they had before/after the GC and always survive to protect and save those in need. That is literally the only reason they are as strong as they are. Their tech and training is great but they haven't seen a large scale conflict for almost 220 years. Other than the "Mercenaries" they have helping the NGR and the groups they have helping against the Bug-Men. The also help to establish FQ's GB forces in the beginning and have agents in the government that aide in secret funneling of supplies and keeping them secret. Basically I loved the CS but felt that either Kevin had a favorite spot for them or enjoyed the story too much to give them a human-based opponent who could actually (with some allies) stand a good chance of at least making the CS back off and re-think. I'm going to be editing everything again before I sit down with my players but with this being my first GM session ever, I want to not just make it fair but also intriguing enough for the players to want to dig and try to pull the forces together. Also I want to include the Minion War late-game and a strong NEMA would be amazing for that, even if my players didn't find them until after the War and then they have to help the actual CS or something. Thanks guys, I love the input and I hope that this is at least an interesting idea/discussion.

EDIT:Basically the only thing I found "in-game" so far that was unilaterally powerful was all evil factions. I wanted to make at least one good faction that either fought on its own or could be used to strengthen other factions of good. I.e the Tundra Raiders, aiding the Cyber-Knights and Lazlo or just small communities that could always count on some kind of reinforcement if needed. Or even used as a political powerhouse that could stop NG/MI from signing with the CS and turning the whole country on its head. Also they conducted a lot of scavenging mission during the Dark Age for industrial/agricultural equipment.

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”