availability of liquid fuels in the 2090's?

Chaos Earth is here & now. Let the Chaos ensue.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

availability of liquid fuels in the 2090's?

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Given current trends in automotive design, it seems likely most civilian cars would be electric of some fashion by 2098. Given that, would people still be making stuff like molotiv cocktails or homemade flamethrowers in the CE setting?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Re: availability of liquid fuels in the 2090's?

Unread post by Warshield73 »

glitterboy2098 wrote:Given current trends in automotive design, it seems likely most civilian cars would be electric of some fashion by 2098. Given that, would people still be making stuff like molotiv cocktails or homemade flamethrowers in the CE setting?

Given current trends it seems unlikely that there will be human civilization left to collapse in 2098.

That being said I would think that most of what you would describe would use alcohol of some kind. Certainly for Molotov's. It is possible that you will still have survival or camping gear that will use compressed gas of one type or another.

On the few occasions I have run CE this hasn't been an issue but I would probably handle it in this way.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2

Return to “Rifts®: Chaos Earth™”