The skill Forest-wise

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The skill Forest-wise

Unread post by darthauthor »

Forest-wise is a skill the Trapper-Woodsman O.C.C

My question is, Can only the Trapper-Woodsman take it or can anyone take it?

Wilderness skill or Technical or other?

Forest-wise: Basically the streetwise skill of the forest. Recognize tribes who inhabit, hunt or hide out in the forests, as well as their philosophies, practices, rituals, haunts, hangouts, and dangerous places — this also applies to predatory animals.
Sambot
Adventurer

Re: The skill Forest-wise

Unread post by Sambot »

I know I replied to this yesterday as I had to look it up. I thought you were looking at the Palladium Trapper-Woodsman and was confused as they don't have that skill. I found in it Rifts WB17 and 20. Hopefully my post will stick this time.

To answer your question, there are a few "special" skills that are available to other character classes. These skills usually start off at a lower base percentage for other characters. I would do the same with this skill. I would have it be a Wilderness Skill. Technical if the character doesn't have that skill category available.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: The skill Forest-wise

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If it is a class skill then only an act of GM will allow other classes to have it.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”