Cargo and Bounties

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

Cargo and Bounties

Unread post by darthauthor »

So I was doing some reading of Northern Gun

The adventurers have come across a battle field. Xiticix bodies litter the landscape. Someone remembers kingdom / governments pay a bounty for Xiticix heads.

How do they move mass cargo of xiticix heads?

Ideas:

They have a hover-vehicle but there are space limitations.

The Xiticix corpses will decompose, right? Animals and other insects will eat them right?
So if the players come back for more heads they will be gone or eaten? Do the Xiticix carry their dead back?

I think it is 50 credits a head on Xiticix bounties.

Trying to be fair.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Re: Cargo and Bounties

Unread post by Grazzik »

Assuming the battle has been a while back and the various chem trails released by the dead Xiticix have degraded away.

I don't see any references to Xiticix retrieving their dead. So, GM choice I guess.

* Strap the heads into netting on the outside of the hover vehicle

* Scoop the goo out of the head, wash them, and wear them like a helmet

* Scoop the goo out of the head, dry them out over a fire, put them in sacks, netting, or bags, and bury them or hang them in trees. The chitin of the exoskeleton should last a reasonable time before degrading as long as they've been dried out and kept away from moisture and chitin eating bacteria and fungi. If bags aren't available to keep them dry, pack them in sphagnum moss - ancient diaper material that is super absorbent. In soil unprotected, half will have been broken down in about a month as this is roughly the half life of chitin in normal soil. Since they are MDC, it could be argued that it might take a little longer.

Don't forget any Xiticix weapons lying around and that Xiticix plating and other body parts can be repurposed as well.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

darthauthor wrote:So I was doing some reading of Northern Gun

The adventurers have come across a battle field. Xiticix bodies litter the landscape. Someone remembers kingdom / governments pay a bounty for Xiticix heads.

How do they move mass cargo of xiticix heads?

Ideas:

They have a hover-vehicle but there are space limitations.

The Xiticix corpses will decompose, right? Animals and other insects will eat them right?
So if the players come back for more heads they will be gone or eaten? Do the Xiticix carry their dead back?

I think it is 50 credits a head on Xiticix bounties.

Trying to be fair.

Animals and insects are unlikely to eat them, at least if you are in 'bug territory since they seem to drive everyone else out one way or another. Though they are SN, so I don't think they are going to be eaten, at least by mundane animals and/or insects.

As for how many heads can they transport:
1. you will need to work out how much volume you have in the hover vehicle you can dedicate to storage of the heads, then you need to determine the volume of their head (in both cases I'd keep the shapes simple). Then divide one value by another to get the number of heads you can fit in.
2. you will also need to watch the mass of the cargo, both for internal or if you carry them externally (as suggested above). If you exceed the payload mass, you should impose some penalties (and presumably at some point you won't be able to move at all).

For additional ideas on how to transport them (w/o knowing their capabilities):
-create a "trailer" (wheeled, drag it along) with available materials. (if they can use available materials)
-create a "tailgate" with available materials to give you more room, to secure stuff to
-create a trebuchet/catapult to fling the 'bugs in the general direction, bring the catapult with them as they move forward and keep flinging the 'bugs repeatedly (I doubt this will be viable given they won't have the skills, and it might be faster to just leave the excess behind and come back later).
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

Finally a practical use for WP Siege Weapons!
darthauthor
Hero

Unread post by darthauthor »

I forgot,

Can necromancers use Xiticix body parts for their powers. Attached to their bodies or something.

Raise dead Xiticix?

Zombie Xiticix?
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

darthauthor wrote:I forgot,

Can necromancers use Xiticix body parts for their powers. Attached to their bodies or something.

Raise dead Xiticix?

Zombie Xiticix?

Yes. See WB23 pg 104-108.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”