Rifts GM Collaboration?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

narcissus
Explorer

Rifts GM Collaboration?

Unread post by narcissus »

Hi. I'm wondering if any fellow GMs would be interested in collaborating / being each other's sounding boards. I'm running two campaigns right now, and am occasionally stuck on what to do / where to go next. I have the big picture and end game figured out - it's just getting there that I could sometimes use some help with. I would also love to help others in similar situations.

As an example, my PCs are currently running Mechanoids in 103 PA. Without getting into too much detail, they're trying to assemble various factions to help fight them. One of their leads is to Poseidon, who they've tracked to Andropelous Three in the Anvil Galaxy (Three Galaxies; Phase World). They're currently in Phase World, and will be taking a Gate to Andropelous Three to find him (a tropical pleasure planet; they had a vision of a tiki bar called Olympus [which is run by Dionysus, but they don't know that yet]). I'm just kind of stuck on what to do when they get there. Do they just see Poseidon having a cocktail, tell him about the Mechanoids, and he freaks out and joins the cause? Or does he make them do some quest for him, even though "as soon as he hears about the Mechanoids' appearance anywhere (like Rifts Earth) he will rush to defend the planet"? Or is he a drunk, because he's depressed about his prior loss to the Mechanoids, and they have to convince him to help? I also would like to delay his arrival on Earth so that they have some time to fight more Mechanoids, recruit some more factions, and learn some more about Hagan/ARCHIE, before the final battle.

I'd prefer a medium like Slack so that it's more conversational than these forums (and I also don't want to get spammy on the forums every time I'm stuck for an idea). If anyone is interested, reply to this thread or PM me and we can figure out what medium works best.

Thanks!
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: Rifts GM Collaboration?

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Posted a response in the Rifts forum for you!
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Sohisohi
Explorer

Unread post by Sohisohi »

narcissus wrote:[. . .] I also don't want to get spammy on the forums [. . .]
Funny, considering you created two topics for the same thing; plus we can always create a general thread for idea bouncing, so it doesn't get "spammy". Also, conversations here tend to be too. . . Mechanical. . . The entire forum could benefit from more of a narrative plot focus.

Poseidon, as you've posted here, might get involved purely because of how low stakes the conflict is. Sure, the Mechanoids COULD gain access to a nexus or random rifts. . . But this is not the main force, just a stranded section on the meat grinder that is rifts earth. I could see a vain god using this as an opportunity to get petty revenge. Plus, it could justify a foothold on rifts earth as Poseidon could argue he has a justification to send his worshippers to such a magically coveted location. Granted, gods aren't necessarily bound by the same agreements other factions have regarding earth. . . But it helps to assert some kind of claim if you're sending forces to such a prized location, even if it's something as shallow as hunting down you're mortal enemy.

I guess this doesn't really help ^ since it's more on motives and might not be anything the player characters actually interact with. Even if you don't use a quest, Poseidon would still have to rally/gather his forces; so you'll still have some downtime to do as you please with your player's characters.
narcissus
Explorer

Unread post by narcissus »

Sohisohi wrote:
narcissus wrote:[. . .] I also don't want to get spammy on the forums [. . .]
Funny, considering you created two topics for the same thing; plus we can always create a general thread for idea bouncing, so it doesn't get "spammy". Also, conversations here tend to be too. . . Mechanical. . . The entire forum could benefit from more of a narrative plot focus.

Heh, ya, I realized that. But I checked the forum rules and it said it was ok to cross-post to no more than 2 forums, and I felt that this was applicable to both.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”