Original Rifts in Virtual Tabletop? I hate Savage Rifts.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RavenSaint
D-Bee

Original Rifts in Virtual Tabletop? I hate Savage Rifts.

Unread post by RavenSaint »

I've been trying to use Fantasy Grounds for Rifts. I refuse to play Savage Rifts as it lacks the depth and feel of the original. I really want to have a Virtual Tabletop where I can keep my players honest. Since I have a few who are prone to putting things on their sheets that I have not approved of or know they have added them. Like one player increased their Strength and P.P.E. while adding a MDC Power Armor they had no way of purchasing during game play. Then tried to tell me I had allowed it at Character Creation in a SDC start up game. They hadn't reached any part of the game where MDC anything had been introduced.
I love Fantasy Grounds and am trying really hard to build something in MoreCore that someone else had cobbled together, but really want Palladium to either make their own or give permission to someone to build a Virtual Tabletop for us GMs who are losing our players to Covid-19 isolation. I know this is probably an old topic, but it does need to be addressed. It has been requested for years now, but is especially needed now. I know us die hard GMs will totally be willing to put in the OCCs and RCCs manually as long as there is a base to work from. It makes me feel a little put out that I paid for so many books only to have them now collecting dust on a shelf because I cannot get together with my players to continue our games. All because we don't want to possibly infect each other if one of us gets sick from Covid.

Need a Virtual Tabletop PLEASE.
Prysus
Champion

Re: Original Rifts in Virtual Tabletop? I hate Savage Rifts.

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. From the latest Weekly Update ...

Fantasy Grounds and Rifts®. New for Fantasy Grounds is Rifts® Savage Worlds adventures and support material, but they will also be supporting Palladium Books’ Rifts® and other Palladium game lines. The delay has been entirely mine as I am juggling so much that I have not gotten back to FG about finalizing the contract. My bad. I need to do that today!

I put the relevant parts in bold and a strike through the parts that might distract. So sounds like they're working on it, but I'm not sure on the timeline. Hope for the best. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
RavenSaint
D-Bee

Re: Original Rifts in Virtual Tabletop? I hate Savage Rifts.

Unread post by RavenSaint »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. From the latest Weekly Update ...

Fantasy Grounds and Rifts®. New for Fantasy Grounds is Rifts® Savage Worlds adventures and support material, but they will also be supporting Palladium Books’ Rifts® and other Palladium game lines. The delay has been entirely mine as I am juggling so much that I have not gotten back to FG about finalizing the contract. My bad. I need to do that today!

I put the relevant parts in bold and a strike through the parts that might distract. So sounds like they're working on it, but I'm not sure on the timeline. Hope for the best. Farewell and safe journeys.

Thank you for posting this. I'm surprised that didn't come up in my initial forum search. I'll be watching for the ruleset, it will be a fresh breeze in the virtual RPGs.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”