Combined Worldbuilding Project for PF

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

pblackcrow
Champion

Combined Worldbuilding Project for PF

Unread post by pblackcrow »

How would you guys all like to do a group project on here for Palladium Fantasy? An alternative world setting.

One without a major continent but instead a multitude of islands and floating islands (as in islands that fly/float on or around ley lines.)?
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Re: Combined Worldbuilding Project for PF

Unread post by Father Goose »

Get us started and we will build on your idea.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
pblackcrow
Champion

Where to begin? I guess, let's start with name suggestions, for both the islands, cities, towns, and villages on the islands. Then figure out who or what rules it/them, how they are ran, work out the people of it, history, a few trade deals, also the philosophies of the people, and a few of the political connections on the web of intrigue.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Are we talking about a handful of islands? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? Are they each independent city-states, or some sort of unified kingdom?
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?
pblackcrow
Champion

Father Goose wrote:Are we talking about a handful of islands? Dozens? Hundreds? Thousands? Are they each independent city-states, or some sort of unified kingdom?

There are however many we wish to make. Some are tribal lands and clan lands, some are independent city-states. Some are a chain of islands...these will often be the knightdoms, baronies, counties, Duchies, etc. part of kingdoms. The larger ones are kingdoms, some of those are feudal. Bit of everything.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Father Goose
Adventurer

Okay, I'll start.
Saffrona, the Jewel of the Empire, is the capital city of the Crimson Empire of Shiran. The city encompasses the entirety of the island of Saffrona, which lies at the heart of a pocket of islands known collectively as 'The Emperor's Purse.
136 islands in total, they sit in close enough proximity to one another that a swimmer can easily cross from one island to the next, yet are a days travel by ship to the next closest island outside the Purse.
The rich volcanic soil provides for an abundance of plant life, and the the surrounding sea teams with aquatic life, including the largest known oyster bed in the world; providing them with the greatest wealth of pearls of any nation.
Protecting the Purse is the Great Crimson Reef that separates the islands from its closest neighboring nation with a 200 mile long winding wall of underwater coral that only the most experienced of sailors can navigate safely.
Despite their dependence on the sea, the people of the Empire are not sailors. Instead, they make their way in small craft that is better suited to navigating between the islands of their nation.
pblackcrow
Champion

Nice!
Ankh, udja, seneb.
Father Goose
Adventurer

Thanks. I left lots of room for someone else to build on the nation, as well as add other cultures. Any ideas of your own you're ready to share?
pblackcrow
Champion

The Zindraron Islands:

There are 51 Islands in this island chain. The 2 largest are the Co-Kings' domains, followed in size by the 7 Duchies, 10 large outer most Marches, 6 Earldoms, 5 Counties, 11 baronies, and 15 knightdoms.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
pblackcrow
Champion

I will flesh this out later.
Ankh, udja, seneb.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”