Concerning a Zapper's electro force field ability

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Concerning a Zapper's electro force field ability

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

ok so the zapper pcc can produce an electric force field that shields them from attack and also does damage to anyone coming into contact with it. Psyscape pg 81 column 2
The also have a psionic field that extends outward from their body protecting their belongings from damage. Psyscape pg 81 column 2

My question is this. If the zapper character is using his Electrical Aura/Radiate Electricity power to create this electric force field are they able to use projectile weapons, namely guns, or would the bullet strike the inside of their force field?

This is not a theoretical question, but a current in game situation am debating with my GM. My stance is that the pc CAN use firearms
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Concerning a Zapper's electro force field ability

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

I can see why someone would argue that the field prohibts projectiles from within it; see the Super Psionic ability Telekinetic Force Field as an example of where it would. Checking out the Electrical Aura & Radiate Electricity ability description, though, provides this quote: "In reality, this is an electrical aura around him. Nothing on the Zapper's person is actually touched or affected, so nothing is damaged." Guns should be fine, although I could see an argument for if the Zapper's abilities lose control via Mentally Possess Others or a ley line storm or whatever that unshielded energy weapons might malfunction. I would add, though, that I don't think the protective field extends to the Zapper's belongings.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”