Parkour Skill

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GreenGhost
Adventurer

Parkour Skill

Unread post by GreenGhost »

Hey all.
I've been wanting to create a Parkour skill, but am having a problem coming up with something that's not too weak and/or O.P. I'm looking for something to primarily use with any of Palladium's settings.
Thanks in advance.
Semper Fi
OOH-RAH!
0331/0321
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Parkour Skill

Unread post by eliakon »

This is a perennial thread. I would do a search of the word "Parkour" and read some of the other threads and look at the various takes on the skill.
Some people have made it a separate skill of varying abilities
Some people make it a lifestyle in which you utilize several subskills such as Running, Acrobatics, Climbing and more.
Both are perfectly valid ways to model Parkour.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

Parkour is the super skill for the revised physical training hero too
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Father Goose
Adventurer
Comment: If I could go back in time, I would join the cast of "The Thrilling Adventure Hour"

Unread post by Father Goose »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81873
This post has it as a skill, a lifestyle, and an OCC. I'm sure you'll find something useful for your game.
taalismn wrote:Hey, you came up with a novel, attention-getting idea, you did the legwork, you worked it through, you made it fit the setting, even though initial thought might be 'nah, it can't work, it's too silly/stupid/lame', and you posted something that only required a little adjustment, yet can be added to, without diluting its original concept. How can we not give you due support and credit?

Return to “G.M.s Forum”