Looking for Play By Post (PBP)

This is the place to find other gamers in your area. Please don't post any personal information in this forum. If you would like to contact another gamer please do it via email.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Toc Rat
Hero

Looking for Play By Post (PBP)

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Exactly at the title says; I'm looking for places to play Rifts and other Palladium games by PBP. I am on RPOL now but honestly Palladium games are rare there. I'm currently running three out of maybe a dozen or so active games.

If anyone knows any sites besides RPOl where I can find active Palladium PBP games, please post. Thank you.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Looking for Play By Post (PBP)

Unread post by Fell »

Palladium rules: https://explorersunlimited.com/eu/index.php

Savage rules: https://savagerifts.com/sr/

Both excellent places to PbP.
Dan Frederick
Toc Rat
Hero

Unread post by Toc Rat »

Fell wrote:Palladium rules: https://explorersunlimited.com/eu/index.php

Savage rules: https://savagerifts.com/sr/

Both excellent places to PbP.

Thank you for the suggestions. I had already found EU and looked over it. It is off putting. I tried Discord and it was just too clunky and counter intuitive to use. EU specifically requires you to use Discord just to get the one character you are initially allowed to make, approved. It also requires you to make a character without first seeing what games are recruiting and asking if you could even join or what that party of PCs needs. The overall impression was extremely off putting, as if they don't want people to join.

I'm not a player of Savage Rifts so that one is a moot point. Still thank you for the suggestion.
Toc Rat: The Col. wants us to install what in his tank?!
Col.'s Driver: A cigarette lighter so he can plug in his cellphone charger.
Toc Rat: :frust:

RainOfSteel wrote:
An excellent insight that hits the nail on the head with a rune-hammer.

Winter wrote:One of the best thought out answers on this forum I have read for a while :ok:
Mercalocalypse
Wanderer
Comment: "Viva la Infidel!"

Unread post by Mercalocalypse »

I run and play in several games on Discord.
If you wish peace, prepare for war.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Toc Rat wrote:EU specifically requires you to use Discord just to get the one character you are initially allowed to make, approved.

This isn't correct. We also use Hangouts & PMs via the site.
Toc Rat wrote:It also requires you to make a character without first seeing what games are recruiting and asking if you could even join or what that party of PCs needs.

This is also not correct. Player are encouraged to contact GMs, and campaign group openings are openly advertised.
Toc Rat wrote:The overall impression was extremely off putting, as if they don't want people to join.

This is not entirely incorrect. The New Player's Guide is specifically organized to discourage players who aren't able to follow directions, and who are "low investment" (inconsistent/unreliable) type players. This is the #1 reason why EU's been going strong since 2005.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Gamers Looking for Other Gamers”