GAME ADD, for "Maxwell Bio-tech"

This is the place to find other gamers in your area. Please don't post any personal information in this forum. If you would like to contact another gamer please do it via email.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

psiandco
Explorer

GAME ADD, for "Maxwell Bio-tech"

Unread post by psiandco »

Title: MAXwell BIO-TECH
System: Palladium books
Platform: DISCORD VOICE and VIDEO.
Availability: Maximum of SIX, minimum of FOUR
Time: - all Times given are ARIZONA USA, -7 GMT Saturday 11:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. Start date: July 30th 2022. yes. Today. now.
Tone: "The Real world, but...
Hook: You are an independent young adult (16+1d4 years old) and (as if life couldn't be complicated enough) you gained powers. There have been no prior generations of supers. there are no laws regarding supers. there are no instruction manuals or guides. You need to use your brains and ask questions. there are many hidden plots, red herrings and conspiracies. You make progress by getting involved.
Requirements: being an Adult willing to play a younger Idealized version of yourself as a new mutant. If you want to play anything other than a mutant, talk to me (the GM). In no uncertain terms, all Magic classes are banned. Be able to interact as you would in real life. This is not ERP! You will be banned if you break this rule. (edited)
Preference for players who speak English as their primary language and live within the continental USA. WOKE PLAYERS are not allowed to join. Link to game room will be posted one hour before game time. interested parties may join then.

Warning: Warning for violation of Rule 2. Flaming/ Harrassment (and Flamebaiting).
psiandco
Explorer

Re: GAME ADD, for "Maxwell Bio-tech"

Character Creation rules:
1. roll 3d6 +6 for ability scores. everyone is a human from earth. there are only two genders, period.
2. Skills: you have one skill per point of I.Q. many skills will require an I.Q. higher than 13, some skills will require I.Q. above 15, and a few will require I.Q. above 17. This is based on older I.Q. testing which ranged out to 180. If you do not have a skill... You do not have it. it is that simple. if you don't know how to swim, you will drown. CHOOSE WISELY.
3. Class: most characters will be "Mutants" with no side effects or unusual characteristics. if you want to play something else, we can talk about it. as mentioned above, MAGIC and all MAGIC classes are BANNED.

Warning: Warning for violation of Rule 2. Flaming/ Harrassment (and Flamebaiting).
Last edited by psiandco on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
psiandco
Explorer

Re: GAME ADD, for "Maxwell Bio-tech"

about combining related powers:
Hero games point building rules had "cost" adjusting rules for special groups of related powers.
There were all kinds of things that do similar in other game systems too.
let's look at "elemental" groups.
Let's say you roll for two Major powers. You select Gravity manipulation and Gravity waves.
These two powers are very similar and technically "tread the same territory".
You ask me about it, and I agree... we might negotiate for you to count those two major powers as ONE
Thus, allowing you to select another major power (or two minor powers that result from your gravity powers)
Perhaps you get confused about the "shield" created by the "gravity waves" power
why it only affects matter and doesn't affect anything else,
Why the strength can be as much as 50X weight when making things "heavy",
but doesn't work AT ALL against other things...
and maybe you would rather have it make more sense by purchasing the create force field power
and explain the force fields as "Warp bubbles". I could allow that.
Perhaps you wonder why falling has a maximum speed limit of 150 mph (terminal velocity)
while a headfirst no resistance dive can get close to 300 mph.
Yet anti-gravity flight tops out at 20 mph, and gravity wave flight maxes out at 50 mph...
I could see reason to let you have "Wingless flight".

This is just one idea.
Perhaps your hero has a powerful control over fiction?
but friction control doesn't even merit being called a major power.
Talk to me and I may allow you to combine "Sliding" and "Adhesion"
to give your character a more accurate personal control over friction.

Maybe you don't like Psionics, but want to be telekinetic?
Talk to me. I might say, "Why not" and point to powers like "Force control",
"wingless flight", and "energy expulsion force".

Maybe you want your character to be a "gundam girl" or some sort of "Mecha musume" (Spelling?)
rather than doing the tedious math of building a robotics character and explaining all the 5w's of
your ability to build, maintain, repair, and hide the suit of armor...
I might tweak the "Force constructs" major power, energy expulsion, and wingless flight
to make your dreams come true.

Return to “Gamers Looking for Other Gamers”