PHASE WORLD: Altess Armoria Officer OCC

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

PHASE WORLD: Altess Armoria Officer OCC

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Because I now have two of them in my gaming group, and there was no OCC template to use. Now, none of you need feel my pain.

Armoria Officer O.C.C.

Of the 100 million Altess, only 1% are elected by the Noble Houses to serve in the collective armed forces. Officers in the Armoria don’t actually do a lot, given that the Altess’ first defense is to throw money at problem and hope it goes away. However, when the Altess do have to sully their hands in actual warfare, they send in these elite special forces… backed up by millions of battle droids and the most advanced hardware in the Three Galaxies.

Each officer is an army of one. When several of them are grouped together, it can only mean that some great threat to the Dynasty is underway. The Armoria do not have ranks, as such, but seniority is given to those who are of the oldest age, or most experience. Since there are so few of them, and they live for so long, almost all Armoria Officers know one another, if even by reputation only.

Attribute Requirements: P.S. 10, P.P. 10, I.Q. 10.
O.C.C. Bonus: + 2 on initiative, + 2 to roll with impact or fall, and + 2 to pull punch.

O.C.C. Skills:
Radio: Basic (+ 10%)
Literacy: Choice of one (+ 10%)
Computer Operation (+ 5%)
Intelligence (+ 15%)
Pilot: OMAV Combat Pod (+15%)
Pilot: Starship
Pilot Tank (+ 10%)
Weapon Systems (+ 15%)
Read Sensory Equipment (+ 10%)
Running
W.P. Energy Pistol
W.P. Energy Rifle
Hand to Hand: Expert
Hand to Hand: Expert can be changed to Hand to Hand: Martial Arts at the cost of one "other" skill (or assassin if an evil alignment).

O.C.C. Related Skills: Select 12 other skills, but at least two must be selected from espionage. Plus select two additional skills at level three, two at level six, one at level nine, and one at level twelve.
Communications: Any ( + 10%)
Domestic: Any
Electrical: Any
Espionage: Any (+ 10%)
Mechanical: Any (+ 5%)
Medical: Paramedic only.
Military: Any
Physical: Any
Pilot: Any
Pilot Related: Any (+ 5%)
Rogue: Any (+ 8%)
Science: Math and chemistry only (+ 10%)
Technical: Any (+ 5%)
W.P.: Any
Wilderness: Any

Secondary Skills: The character also gets to select six secondary skills from the previous list. These are additional areas of knowledge that do not get the advantage of the bonus listed in parentheses. All secondary skills start at the base skill level. Also, skills are limited (any, only, none) as previously indicated in the list.

Standard Equipment: A suit of personalized, light or heavy Naruni body armor. A set of dress clothing, and a set of camouflage clothing for covert operations. Also a gas mask and air filter, tinted goggles, and an NG-S2 Basic Survival Pack. Owns one Naruni handgun and rifle, three additional weapons of choice, D6 grenades, hand-held computer, robot medical kit, IRMSS, grappling hook, pair of handcuffs, and 50 feet (15.2 m) of rope.

Money: The character starts off with D4x100, 000 in credit. Plus another 60,000 in tradable goods.

Cybernetics: Can have up to 2D6 cybernetic implants of player's choice, but one will always be an implanted combat computer (see below).

Combat Computer: This is a marvel of computer miniaturization and mind/machine interface. The computer, using the person’s sensory input, gathers and analyses data, then sends it to the brain. Here it is translated to enhance the character’s reflexes and response time. Bonuses: +1 to initiative, +1 to disarm, +2 to pull punch, and +2 to roll.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Great, another soldier OCC.

*adds it to the pile*

I'm not trying to piddle in your cornflakes here Braden, I just am one of those who beleive that rifts has too many sub OCCs for the basic classes and creating more is not very efficient.

As for the OCC it self, it seems a pretty standard soldier with cybernetic enhancements type.

I'm curious though, do the Altarans, with their love of perfection of their bodies, modify it very often? I don't have the book handy right now to check their opions on cybernetics, but I think they might be low.

I do like the inclusion of the OMAV pod piloting skill (which I think no other OCC has ever had as an OCC skill) and the mention of the 'battle droids' the character would lead in combat. You might want to look at the robot leadership skill in Chaos Earth.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Braden Campbell

Yeah. I dont have Chaos Earth. But since there are only 1 million of them, i figure robots and mercs do all their fighting for them. With each officer acting as a "droid overseer"

And yes, although the Altess usually avoid implants, the Armoria get 2D6 to start...so i'm thinking things like on-board computers, VR drone controllers, and force field generators. Stuff Joe Cyborg can't get.
Braden, GMPhD

Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Probably should all be subdermal / non noticable.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I'd give these guys some more skills than the average joe short-life, as they genrally have longer to learn more before being graduated, and give them more cultural skills like Military Ettiquette(+20%), and skills ranging from Flower Arranging to LOre: THree Galaxies Races(+15%)....These rich snots look down of the rest of us mudanes with the superiority of a Newport yachtsman looking down on the fishguts-covered Chriscraft motoring alongside him...Weapons on public display are modified for looks, elegance, and sophistication, with an air of laboriously refined presentation about them.
Thing is, these rich snots have top of the line Naruni gear, heavy battlecruisers with lots of fully functional heavy cannon behind the gilt-covered gunports and decorative bunting, training is very much oriented around 'know your enemy' with extensive training in psych profiling and psychological warfare(and all the weaknesses a soldier can exploit), and they practice on some of the most realistic sim systems available(with data culled from headjacked soldiers hired to braintape their experiences in the field....infact some governments receive Altess money to overtly or covertyly rig their militia forces for experience data that the Altess can buy and analyze), so their trigger fingers are fast and their kill-reflexes are keen.... THose chrome-plated hovertank plates are really laser-relective armor, and all that money can buy LOTS of drones and reloads....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Braden Campbell

Some excellent ideas in there.

So how would "advanced stim sim training" (ie. studying experiences of other soldiers and holographic battle re-enactments) be reflected in their skills game-wise, think ouy?
Braden, GMPhD

Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I'd say combat and skill bonuses.

Perhaps an "elite" version of OMAV combat?

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Braden, GMPhD wrote:Some excellent ideas in there.

So how would "advanced stim sim training" (ie. studying experiences of other soldiers and holographic battle re-enactments) be reflected in their skills game-wise, think ouy?

I'd agree with some combat bonuses(+1d4 to strike, dodge, roll, parry...maybe make it random like that to reflect how much indivdiuals take to the training...or spend partying, instead of practicing)......Perception bonuses too, if you use them...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Caballis134269
Newb

Re: PHASE WORLD: Altess Armoria Officer OCC

Unread post by Caballis134269 »

So just out of curiosity, why are the attribute requirements so low? I mean the bonus to each stat, other than MA, is +10 or even +12 which covers all of the stats that you have named. I am not trying to bash on the build but I am simply trying to point out what might be an oversite. If you would make the minimums 17 (the average for those stats) for instance that would mean that they had to be better than average in order to get in. Even if that minimum is only for the physical stats.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I've done Altess with some specialty gadgets based on PW tech. For example, something resembling a wrist mounted, or even internal version of the PW sort of tricorder things in one of the books. Translation, sensor sweeps, base walk thru of skills etc.
Last edited by RockJock on Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Do the Altess even get cybernetics?
Why would they?
Thanks for the work, but... I think the standard OCC works fine, they just get promoted.
Palladium has a LOT of character classes already.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
Anthanatos
D-Bee

Unread post by Anthanatos »

I agree with Caballis134269 in that the stat requirements are way too low - lower than the average stats for an Altess, given the bonuses they receive.

In my game, they choose between H to H: Martial Arts, and H to H: Commando, but the latter costs more related skill slots.

Also, wouldn't make Pilot: Tank an OCC Skill - possibly a pilot skill of choice instead.

Very glad to see the Altess getting some love.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

OMAV? please expand this acronym.

If I was guessing, because I saw naruni mentioned, I might think you mean that naruni egg shaped ship/fighter. Is this correct??
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Fenris2020 wrote:Do the Altess even get cybernetics?
Why would they?
Thanks for the work, but... I think the standard OCC works fine, they just get promoted.

Cybernetics I can see...bionics, not so much.
Possibly I'd say genetic mods instead?
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Re:

Unread post by ZINO »

gadrin wrote:
Braden, GMPhD wrote:And yes, although the Altess usually avoid implants, the Armoria get 2D6 to start...so i'm thinking things like on-board computers, VR drone controllers, and force field generators. Stuff Joe Cyborg can't get.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resq5ye2/id3.html

http://www.geocities.com/kuseru/equip.html

I think the sites are down
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Fenris2020
Adventurer
Comment: Go woke, go broke.

Unread post by Fenris2020 »

Borast wrote:
Fenris2020 wrote:Do the Altess even get cybernetics?
Why would they?

Cybernetics I can see...bionics, not so much.
Possibly I'd say genetic mods instead?

Certainly no to genetic mods, that would mess up their whole search for the Cosmic Forge.
You are a truly worthy foe! I shall howl a dirge in your honour and eat your heart with pride!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Advanced cybernetics, but no bionics for sure.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”