Demon High Priest PPE storage

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Plane
D-Bee

Demon High Priest PPE storage

Unread post by Plane »

The 29th page of Hades mentions being able to hold 4x the PPE in reserve if it comes from a sacrifice slain by their own hand. Just wondering:

1) is this storable indefinitely until used?

2) is this in addition to the 3x PPE all spellcasters can store for PE in hours/minutes/melees (depending on source) when overflowing via the 10/minute you get from a ley line?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Demon High Priest PPE storage

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

I think the intention is that spellcasters can generally only hold 3x PPE regardless of source but that demon priests can store 4x if from sacrifice.

But a literal reading would be a separate and additional limit.

GM's call.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Curbludgeon
Hero
Comment: They/Them

Re: Demon High Priest PPE storage

Unread post by Curbludgeon »

Hades, pg 29: P.P.E. acquired from ritual sacrifices or absorbed from a murder can be used immediately or held for 30 minutes per level of the Demon High Priest. As much as four times his own P.P.E. can be held in reserve.

I think if one compared wording between this and both Book of Magic and Mysteries of Magic there would be a good argument that the X4 replaces the normal X3, instead of being in addition.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”