are zavor edible?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: are zavor edible?

Unread post by taalismn »

Offhand I'd say no. Their magical nature could lead to some nasty side effects if consumed by normal beings. But if the replication ability were evolved as part of a defense mechanism, I'd say that -something-, probably magical itself, was preying on them.

Arguably, though, the option of using the Mega-Steel Chef rules in Rifter #32, a cook might try defusing the magic in the meat and try to make a dish of them, allowing you to savor your savor.

Otherwise, if you're looking for a easy to grow meat source, raise rabbits or guinea pigs.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Fenrir_Lokison
D-Bee

Re: are zavor edible?

Unread post by Fenrir_Lokison »

Not just the side effects, I think it would just taste nasty to any non-creature of magic or supernatural creature. Its something about the innate properties of their flesh they would do it in. However...Wouldn't be interesting if even if dead, the thing would duplicate with every slice of zavor steak? Can we say, "Fed 5000 people with two fishes and 5 loaves of bread"? I wonder if zavor bones could be made into flower and make a bread out of it?

:quiet: I think we are onto something. You want to go on a business venture with me? We could make tons of goal, with self-renewing zavor steaks and bread? :D

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”